Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Energy suppliers. Anyone not with the big six?

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Can't recommend Extra Energy at all, utterly useless and take ages to answer the phone.

They were meant to take over our Gas and Elecs from co-op, but took over the neighbours and still charged us.. Doh..

Real headache getting money back.. :angry:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Yes left SSE (useless, absolutely useless) for Ovo last week. They're very highly rated.

Was going to post exactly this. Just joined OVO after being with British Gas. Signs look very good, they've answered my questions very throughly and I'm interested to see what I'm going to save

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Been with OVO for around 18months with an online deal. I love their website, especially the fact that they pay out refunds if I've saved a lot of energy and my DD's have amounted to a reasonable surplus. Very pleased with them.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
My big six provider can't be bothered to send anyone round to measure the meter, I refuse to do it as they won't supply me with a key and ludicrously tell me to go to a 'pound' type shop & get one but they can't say exactly which one.
Muppets then send me estimates which lowers my DD by £100 a month and as raw prices go lower I'll have less to catch up when eventually measured, otherwise I'd move

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Been with First Utility for a couple of months having moved from Scottish Power. Can't fault the company. They respond quickly to enquiries and bills are lower and far easier to understand. What's not to like? Paying just £58 a month for Gas and Electricity, which is not at all bad for a three bed semi.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Switched to Ovo a few months ago.
They promptly took three payments from my bank but only recorded one!
Sorted on the phone in under two minutes so some bad some good.
We shall see

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Good Energy for me. For me cheaper than SSE and all the electricity is renewable. Had an issue with overpayment but this was restructured after one simple phone call and no fuss whatsoever.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Just been on u switch ,thanks for the suggestion. GB energy supply is cheapest by far. Can someone else confirm please.?

I've been with them for over a year now .... can't fault them really. I just gave them a call and they handled the whole switch over for me ... I just sat back and watched my yearly bills drop by £700+.

They've even dropped their rates twice since I've signed up.

Just go for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here