Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enciso Was awful

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Now, I don’t like to single out a player But there was one point in the game he stoped chasing the player with the ball. Had to ask people around me if he was injured but just seems he was invisible. RDZ to Barcelona, Ferguson to Man Utd, any player that plays well for 4 games to Chelsea. You need to look at yourselves tonight and don’t believe the hype.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now, I don’t like to single out a player
And yet here we are.
But there was one point in the game he stoped chasing the player with the ball. Had to ask people around me if he was injured but just seems he was invisible. RDZ to Barcelona, Ferguson to Man Utd, any player that plays well for 4 games to Chelsea. You need to look at yourselves tonight and don’t believe the hype.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Now, I don’t like to single out a player But there was one point in the game he stoped chasing the player with the ball. Had to ask people around me if he was injured but just seems he was invisible. RDZ to Barcelona, Ferguson to Man Utd, any player that plays well for 4 games to Chelsea. You need to look at yourselves tonight and don’t believe the hype.
For someone who doesn't 'like to single out a player', you've done a cracking job there :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That game seemed to early for him in his comeback. I was amazed he started ahead of Fati in the first place.
Yes, this.

Maybe both of them can only do 45 mins though?

Anyway, season’s over now effectively so let’s see if RDZ can get the only players he does have fit playing. Lost a lot of faith in him tonight. That system’s getting ripped.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He was awful. Genuinely awful.
But, like you say, you *really* don't like to single out players.

Especially not when it means an additional post on a thread that you started, the subject of which was *checks notes* singling out a player.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yes, this.

Maybe both of them can only do 45 mins though?

Anyway, season’s over now effectively so let’s see if RDZ can get the only players he does have fit playing. Lost a lot of faith in him tonight. That system’s getting ripped.
As well as being not fit enough yet, that system didn’t do Enciso or Buonanotte any favours. They both looked a bit lost or getting in each others way.

Buonanotte is looking so good in the central 10 role behind the striker, I think we need to persist with him there and gradually bring Enciso in playing on the left, especially while Mitoma is not there.

Like you, I thought that formation was all over the show tonight. Would like us to go back to basics next week with a proper back four of Veltman, Dunk, Van Hecke and Estupinan. Lamptey and Adingra on the wings with Buonanotte ahead of Gross and Gilmour and Welbeck up front. In fact I’d be tempted to bring in Baleba instead of Gilmour though as we looked so lightweight in the middle against their quality CM.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I don’t blame him for not being match ready (he clearly isn’t). I do blame the manager for picking him over the likes of Fati.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
As well as being not fit enough yet, that system didn’t do Enciso or Buonanotte any favours. They both looked a bit lost or getting in each others way.

Buonanotte is looking so good in the central 10 role behind the striker, I think we need to persist with him there and gradually bring Enciso in playing on the left, especially while Mitoma is not there.

Like you, I thought that formation was all over the show tonight. Would like us to go back to basics next week with a proper back four of Veltman, Dunk, Van Hecke and Estupinan. Lamptey and Adingra on the wings with Buonanotte ahead of Gross and Gilmour and Welbeck up front. In fact I’d be tempted to bring in Baleba instead of Gilmour though as we looked so lightweight in the middle against their quality CM.
Baleba can be really poor - Wolves in the cup it looked like Adingra was coaching him - but it’s obviously because he’s young and raw. With the season done RDZ can try to develop him with any luck.

We need to go back to 4 at the back desperately. If I was preparing a team against us I’d just tell them to press high on triggers, get it wide quickly when the mistake comes and you’re in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Baleba can be really poor - Wolves in the cup it looked like Adingra was coaching him - but it’s obviously because he’s young and raw. With the season done RDZ can try to develop him with any luck.

We need to go back to 4 at the back desperately. If I was preparing a team against us I’d just tell them to press high on triggers, get it wide quickly when the mistake comes and you’re in.
If I was preparing a team against us I'd just tell them to mill around aimlessly and wait for a gift wrapped chance to be handed to them - a Brighton attacking corner is a good time

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
If I was preparing a team against us I'd just tell them to mill around aimlessly and wait for a gift wrapped chance to be handed to them - a Brighton attacking corner is a good time
You say mill around, I say press on triggers. Tomato tomato.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I’d support this too. We simply got to stop the rot at the back. Shipping goals so easily now it’s alarming. A good old fashioned shut out must be our priority. Call it Roundhead football, but I’ve had enough cavalier for the moment. Defence needs a nil, even if that means attack gets one too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here