Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enciso (vs Man City) nominated for the 2023 FIFA Puskas award

NorthLainer

Aug 12, 2011
Now available in Hove
1000007100.jpg

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Thing is, that was a great goal, but he probably didn't even mean it to go in that corner. Much like the volley from the corner - just smash it towards goal and hope for the best - oh look, it's gone top bins.
Exactly.

Plus very little pressure on him when the ball comes down.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:shrug:, just passing on the info.
Yeah, I'm just wondering what that info actually means. You said "Runner up apparently" as you obviously thought it meant he came second, ahead of the others - and maybe he did - I'm just wondering if it doesn't actually mean that?

Jimmy Grimble

I think ours was genuinely one of the best. A team goal against probably the best team in the world. And an absolute rocket right up where those spiders live.

He deserved it IMO.
Especially as it looks like his shoelace was untied.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think ours was genuinely one of the best. A team goal against probably the best team in the world. And an absolute rocket right up where those spiders live.

He deserved it IMO.
The winning goal was stunning but was it 100% intended?

Did he really see the keeper off his line and excute a brilliant overhead lob or did he just go for the overhead kick towards the goal and cross his fingers?

Enciso’s knuckleball into top bins was 100% intended and 100% brilliant.

I’ve a disappointed 7 year old on my hands now 😞

Last edited:

NorthLainer

Aug 12, 2011
Now available in Hove
Yeah, I'm just wondering what that info actually means. You said "Runner up apparently" as you obviously thought it meant he came second, ahead of the others - and maybe he did - I'm just wondering if it doesn't actually mean that?
I think they said earlier in the programme that the voting breakdown is available on the FIFA website so I'm assuming that there is actually an order based on votes cast.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Thing is, that was a great goal, but he probably didn't even mean it to go in that corner. Much like the volley from the corner - just smash it towards goal and hope for the best - oh look, it's gone top bins.

Edit : you weren't on about the Enciso goal, were you 🙈

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here