Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enciso Highlights Reel

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I wish commentators would do just a little research. He called him Fisco, Enfisco, Ensisco and eventually his actual name.

I said from day one that he was going to be something special and he is starting to come good. He is very comfortable with the ball and gets into some great positions. That goal (and what a goal!) Will do wonders for his confidence and hopefully earn him some more minutes too.
Another player we will earn some serious money from when he moves on.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I’m starting to think making statements like ‘ I knew he’d be awesome’ are sort of redundant now… sure, we knew because we signed him. The club have upped their game and so must we, the challenge is to start talking about players that no one knows… to try and pre-empt Tony’s model.

Good luck.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Well I blame him for Ferguson's injury.
Why did he have to dig out that perfect pin point cross?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I wish commentators would do just a little research. He called him Fisco, Enfisco, Ensisco and eventually his actual name.
This really irritated me yesterday, when the main commentator was calling him Enthisco. It doesn't take much for them to:

1. For the first 'c' in his name, understand that South American Spanish pronounces it as an 's', not a 'th'.

2. Read his name once and realise there is no second 'c'.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

I said from day one that he was going to be something special and he is starting to come good. He is very comfortable with the ball and gets into some great positions. That goal (and what a goal!) Will do wonders for his confidence and hopefully earn him some more minutes too.
agree. it almost feels like they do it on purpose sometimes, ha! no, maybe i am being ridiculously precious here, and i just notice when it happens to us, because i support us, but they often get names of our players wrong, and the bbc twitter had wolves down as having beaten chelsea yesterday, not us. feel as though if it was any other ‘big’ club, not even top six but including villa/everton, they’d have bothered getting the name right, or at least settled on a consistent (mis)pronunciation

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wow, he’s a handful, isn’t he?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
My only criticism, he doesn't like to pass to a team mate when they are in a better position.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Might as well call him UNESCO, as it'll keep all the other teams from sniffing about.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Even without the goal, this was surely his best performance so far. At 19, he is a work in progress of course, but he's improving. His decision making is better, in that he's delivering more balls into others instead of taking the shot himself. But he still isn't afraid to take the odd 25 yarder himself.

RDZ works his magic again.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The little magician.

Reminds me of Zico :smile:

What a player. One of my childhood favourites.

Zico's languid style is very similar to that of Sarmiento.

Zico at full pace is very much like Enciso.

Crazy that we have 2 players who can be compared to Zico.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Much much stronger now, not so easily knocked off the ball
Exactly this. Was too weak in his first games. We seem to have beefed him up in months while keeping all the other amazing aspects of his game.

Maybe he works out with our physios.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
agree. it almost feels like they do it on purpose sometimes, ha! no, maybe i am being ridiculously precious here, and i just notice when it happens to us, because i support us, but they often get names of our players wrong, and the bbc twitter had wolves down as having beaten chelsea yesterday, not us. feel as though if it was any other ‘big’ club, not even top six but including villa/everton, they’d have bothered getting the name right, or at least settled on a consistent (mis)pronunciation
In defence of commentators' consistent and indiscriminate uselessness, some of them have never quite realised how many i's are in Roberto Firmino's name.
Not that I've seen a Liverpool game recently, maybe The Conspiracy has sent a memo around correcting them all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here