Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Empty seats

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whether you agree or not people are only stating an opinion. Because of the £25 charge there will be a lot more empty seats. Among our group several times unable to sell tickets on club exchange and ended up giving ( persuading ) a friend to take ticket. It is a fact these seats will now remain empty

It’s the way it will be for a while. The post-Covid world will be a bit different.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I can’t see what the fuss is about here. It’s a modest charge on the part of the ST holder for the flexibility offered and £25 per season to use another persons ticket seems great value when compared with buying on a match by match basis. It looks like a simple online process to make the change happen, certainly no more effort than putting the ticket on the exchange and given the continued importance of knowing who is attending games for T&T purposes I’m not sure what else we want to club to do? Do we know what other clubs are doing?

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
Looking at the instructions, once you're set up (add them as F&F, which is simple) there's virtually no faff at all - simply log on and 'forward' the ticket to the recipient.
Just set ours up and it was really easy, we set up my wife as a MyAlbion+ member, upgraded my son's season ticket account to a Sharing Season Ticket and any time he can't go he can simply forward the ticket to his mum and, I guess, it will be emailed to her to upload into her Google pay wallet. I really can't think of how they could have made it simpler, a one-off £25 charge and she can go to a number of games next season in his place.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Really don't think it'll have a particularly big impact on attendances at all. Few hundred more empty seats at most.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Yep, worst case scenario is they pay 25 quid to watch a live premier league football match. That money goes to OUR football club. Excellent value to all except freeloaders.

Sorry but I know of no one who wants to or can afford it, that doesnt have a ST. On rare occasions one of our group doesnt go ticket is usually given to someone that cant afford it or cant justify the spend. The last thing I would say about anyone we have taken is to refer to them as freeloaders.
On a general note the club were aware that many who couldnt go to all the games or could not afford one were sharing a ST. To solve this it is good they have created sharing albeit at additional cost. Because this problem is solved I really dont think passing a ticket on is a big problem. It will only be the odd game people will miss and many will use ticket exchange.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
86 fatalities from covid reported in last 24 hour period. Do you feel I`m right or are you more optimistic ??

Isn’t this “86 people who died in the past 24 hours had been tested positive for covid with the true cause of death being a variety of reasons? Also more testing will naturally result in a higher number of positive cases.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I predict 15,000 empty seats at kick off for the Watford match………15,000 fans outside fannying about with their phones still trying to get in :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
With the continuing Covid problems and the Club making ticket sharing much harder I can see large numbers of empty seats at home games. Season before last our tickets were often used by friends or family who were not Club members now nigh on impossible and I def feel some reluctance to go to full stadium in the near future with covid cases on the rise again. 86 fatalities from covid reported in last 24 hour period. Do you feel I`m right or are you more optimistic ??

Don’t believe any / many other clubs are making it this hard to pass on tickets - so hoping it’s all talk and drops away quickly. Loads of the top clubs aren’t making it names on tickets etc just pass them on to whoever. Worried the clubs dropped one here tbh.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sorry but I know of no one who wants to or can afford it, that doesnt have a ST. On rare occasions one of our group doesnt go ticket is usually given to someone that cant afford it or cant justify the spend. The last thing I would say about anyone we have taken is to refer to them as freeloaders.
On a general note the club were aware that many who couldnt go to all the games or could not afford one were sharing a ST. To solve this it is good they have created sharing albeit at additional cost. Because this problem is solved I really dont think passing a ticket on is a big problem. It will only be the odd game people will miss and many will use ticket exchange.

By definition, doing something for free when everybody else is paying is freeloading. However, I am happy to use a different name for it if you prefer. The thing is, if I can’t afford something then I don’t do it. Train fares are quite high but I don’t borrow other people’s season tickets. If you are right about the empty seats then the club are obviously happier with this than with not having the new ticket sharing rules. Perhaps they also think the new rules will incentivise more use of the ticket exchange. Maybe not in your case but may apply to others. Time to move on.

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Looking at the instructions, once you're set up (add them as F&F, which is simple) there's virtually no faff at all - simply log on and 'forward' the ticket to the recipient.

Cheers. I'll check it out as that sounds simple. I did pay the 25 squid for the option but then found I have to have Google or Apple Pay to get my ticket which I don't have and don't want. So I'll see how that affects this when I'm set up with my 'old fashioned' ticket.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I thought the season ticket exchange is now open every game albeit they are top prices per game

Unless it's charged, they don't actually sell tickets from the exchange until all other tickets have sold out.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I predict 15,000 empty seats at kick off for the Watford match………15,000 fans outside fannying about with their phones still trying to get in :)

Wait until the Arsenal game, 30,000 empty seats as people struggle to confirm their vaccine status

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
There will be 1000s of empty seats for one reason or another. The atmosphere however will be tremendous. Even a half empty Amex will produce a spine chilling atmosphere of supporters who have waited ages to go to a live game.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Whether you agree or not people are only stating an opinion. Because of the £25 charge there will be a lot more empty seats. Among our group several times unable to sell tickets on club exchange and ended up giving ( persuading ) a friend to take ticket. It is a fact these seats will now remain empty

Yep, I’m missing the first 2 home games and cannot pass on my tkt now because of this , not worth £25 to add someone for perhaps 1 or 2 games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here