Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Empty seats yesterday

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Looking at the west lower the block nearest the north stand, there is a group of about 12 seats that have been empty for the last few games

Does anyone know if these are sth's seats that are just not being used or these people have stopped coming?

Anyone sit near that area?

Great shame that there are empty seats around

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They are smack bang opposite me, it's been pretty much the first thing I notice, most games.

Feb 14, 2010
Not sure why there isn't a website that people can post their spare tickets on to sell via the club. Would be a win/win for everyone

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I *think* that is the area where club allocated tickets are situated, e.g. youth team players and their families, club shop/ticket office staff, etc etc.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I've been operating on the theory thats where you get shunted if they kick you out of 1901.

Looking at the west lower the block nearest the north stand, there is a group of about 12 seats that have been empty for the last few games

Does anyone know if these are sth's seats that are just not being used or these people have stopped coming?

I think they are club tickets,when i had the wrong shoes for 1901 they seated us in this area for the hull city game and still had about ten empty around us,also south end of the east seems to have the same problem :moo:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I've sat in these for the Palace game, and they were also available for the Wrexham game too - just kept available for 'day trippers' like me i suppose.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Was I the only one to think that the ground looked pretty much full up ( from middle of West viewpoint) and nowhere near the 3000 short of capicity it offically was?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Many don't seem to realise that the block in WSL nearest North is club tickets / match by match tickets. As is the East block by the away fans. There are always loads of seats spare which is bloody annoying as there are many who would want to go and could fill them - look at yesterday for example where there were 1000 more albion in the South! The club need to do some better maths on this - they leave way too many aside.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

There were a few empty seats but surely not 2,000

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's so disappointing there are so many sold (or accounted for by the club) yet empty seats.

As I made my way past the Amex shop/ticket office yesterday around 2 o'clock I overheard a Dad come out and tell his disappointed family "There's no tickets at all - it's sold out". OK, he should have found that out before making the journey possibly, but it's such a shame that there are some who want to go can't, yet so many empty seats.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's so disappointing there are so many sold (or accounted for by the club) yet empty seats.

As I made my way past the Amex shop/ticket office yesterday around 2 o'clock I overheard a Dad come out and tell his disappointed family "There's no tickets at all - it's sold out". OK, he should have found that out before making the journey possibly, but it's such a shame that there are some who want to go can't, yet so many empty seats.

Also so many who can't make it and know weeks in advance yet don't pass their tickets on - everytime i've been offered a spare near us i've always found a mate to join us and pay for the ticket. If these people aren't bothered about the money GIVE the ticket away. To a friend / neighbour / even offer it to the people who you have learnt to know and trust who sit next to you and see if they want to bring friends. Arrange a drop off or get the user to post back - simple. It's helping fellow BHA / potential new BHA fans out and is a bit selfish IMO not to try and sell it or hand it over. Granted there is the odd exceptional circumstance but it's easy to do really. The only reluctance I can see is people not wanting to hand cards over which are topped up with money. Having said that people should trust a little more! Rant over!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Also so many who can't make it and know weeks in advance yet don't pass their tickets on - everytime i've been offered a spare near us i've always found a mate to join us and pay for the ticket. If these people aren't bothered about the money GIVE the ticket away. To a friend / neighbour / even offer it to the people who you have learnt to know and trust who sit next to you and see if they want to bring friends. Arrange a drop off or get the user to post back - simple. It's helping fellow BHA / potential new BHA fans out and is a bit selfish IMO not to try and sell it or hand it over. Granted there is the odd exceptional circumstance but it's easy to do really. The only reluctance I can see is people not wanting to hand cards over which are topped up with money. Having said that people should trust a little more! Rant over!

No need to 'risk' the smartcard - the club will produce a paper ticket for a specific game for £3. I'm guessing most people aren't aware of this however.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
No need to 'risk' the smartcard - the club will produce a paper ticket for a specific game for £3. I'm guessing most people aren't aware of this however.

I sold my 2 season tickets while I was away all of dec, I called the club and explained, they produced paper tickets free of charge and posted them to me in Swindon...

BUT TO SHEEBO I dont give my tickets away.....they cost £100 per month...why would anyone give them away to someone they dont know....get a life......that person then gets banned....ie from your seat...and it YOU who gets banned.

Mine went to a mate....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I sold my 2 season tickets while I was away all of dec, I called the club and explained, they produced paper tickets free of charge and posted them to me in Swindon...

BUT TO SHEEBO I dont give my tickets away.....they cost £100 per month...why would anyone give them away to someone they dont know....get a life......that person then gets banned....ie from your seat...and it YOU who gets banned.

Mine went to a mate....

My spare was given away on Saturday to a random American at Brighton Station who jumped the queue for the train to Falmer and was heading there on the off-chance of seeing the game.

(I'm less generous than I sound - I gave away the child component of the ticket and he paid for the upgrade)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Even if there HAD been unsold tickets and only a 12000 crowd wouldn't he have fallen foul of whatever rule it is that says the club can't effectively operate a "pay at the door on the day" policy? Especially at 2:00pm

(A previous 'hot potato' subject on NSC that has dropped off the radar with the current ticket demand)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Even if there HAD been unsold tickets and only a 12000 crowd wouldn't he have fallen foul of whatever rule it is that says the club can't effectively operate a "pay at the door on the day" policy? Especially at 2:00pm

(A previous 'hot potato' subject on NSC that has dropped off the radar with the current ticket demand)

He would indeed, yes.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

good rant, couldn't agree more. There are 3 seats next to me in ns that have been empty for every game bar liverpool :down: :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here