Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Employment advice sought

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Hello,

I am turning to NSC for advice as i feel i am being hard done by my employer and need someone to help with i think is their wrong doings. The story is i have had time away booked around my days off in March for a year or so (These are my regular days off for my work pattern not holiday).

2 weeks ago they turned round to me and informed me that my pattern of work would be changing at the start of March meaning that those days i had off and am suppose to be away are no longer and my days off would be different that week. So i approached them over this issue and told them about the time away to which i was told i would have to now take holiday as they have give me enough notice about my change of shifts before the time has come.

I do not think this is fair and am sure somewhere along the line they should be honouring the time as i cannot commit to work the days they require now in March.

Any advice sort would be very grateful

Many thanks

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Whilst they are probably technically correct in terms of the notice they've given you, it seems like they're being complete arses. Do you not have any colleagues you could swap with or anything?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Don't think there's a lot you can do assuming they've given you enough notice as per your contract.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Not sure you can do anything about this. If they are reasonable employers they will understand you're situation but the reality might be that you will have to do as they ask.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Can you ask for unpaid leave? If your finances allow it,you can find ways to recoup the monies later,legally,working smarter etc

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Don't think there's much you can do. Although it's always worth letting them know that you'll bear this in mind next time they need any favours doing.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Dont really think you have a case. They have still given you the opportunity to have those days off albeit using holiday allowance. Annoying for sure, but they have a business to run.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Hello,

I am turning to NSC for advice as i feel i am being hard done by my employer and need someone to help with i think is their wrong doings. The story is i have had time away booked around my days off in March for a year or so (These are my regular days off for my work pattern not holiday).

2 weeks ago they turned round to me and informed me that my pattern of work would be changing at the start of March meaning that those days i had off and am suppose to be away are no longer and my days off would be different that week. So i approached them over this issue and told them about the time away to which i was told i would have to now take holiday as they have give me enough notice about my change of shifts before the time has come.

I do not think this is fair and am sure somewhere along the line they should be honouring the time as i cannot commit to work the days they require now in March.

Any advice sort would be very grateful

Many thanks

Bet they would not let you book 2 weeks holiday off at such short notice-how long you been there?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Seems very short notice, at my old place they were obliged to give 3 months notice to change of shift pattern.

Dandyman

In London village.
Check your statement of particulars to see if there is a minimum period of notice to change your shifts but I suspect your employer is complying with their obligations.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
What does your contact of employment say? Does it say anything about changing work patterns

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here