Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Emmanuel Dennis

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This analysis of Undav taken from his time at RUSG indicates he is exactly a Potter type player.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/p...lloise-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

These parts in particular sum up why.

'While Undav’s link-up and hold-up play is stellar in helping Gilloise create goal-scoring opportunities, his off the ball movement in front of goal, as well as his clinical finishing, is what has allowed him to be so prolific this season.'

'Undav is able to recognize where his teammates are inside the 18-yard box when in possession. If there is a teammate unmarked somewhere in the box, he will attempt to pass rather than shoot. He also has intelligent movement off the ball when in the box, being able to make smart darting runs behind defenders; or be able to break off his marker to find himself free near the 6-yard line.'

Thanks for that JRB. Let's hope Undav finds the transition to the PL an easy one

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
According to Wiki, 10 PL goals in 33 games. Pretty impressive whilst playing for a shit team.

£20 million, if true, seems a bargain.

He was a high points scorer in Fantasy Football, got a fair few assists too,

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
This analysis of Undav taken from his time at RUSG indicates he is exactly a Potter type player.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/p...lloise-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

These parts in particular sum up why.

'While Undav’s link-up and hold-up play is stellar in helping Gilloise create goal-scoring opportunities, his off the ball movement in front of goal, as well as his clinical finishing, is what has allowed him to be so prolific this season.'

'Undav is able to recognize where his teammates are inside the 18-yard box when in possession. If there is a teammate unmarked somewhere in the box, he will attempt to pass rather than shoot. He also has intelligent movement off the ball when in the box, being able to make smart darting runs behind defenders; or be able to break off his marker to find himself free near the 6-yard line.'

This is brilliant [emoji2956]; thank you for sharing. Those writing off Undav already are idiotic IMHO. Similarly, those saying The Menace would be a poor signing haven’t got a scoobie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
According to the BBC (and The Athletic) off to Forest for 20 million. Seems like a decent signing at that price?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Forest are doing exactly what Fulham did 2 years ago and changing the entire team that got them promoted. When you do that you lose the momentum that promotion brings which - as we saw with Leeds, Wolves and Sheffield Utd - can even carry you into a top half finish.

Fulham made a big mistake in relying on a lot of loan players to keep them up, whereas Forest are all permanent signings bar Dean Henderson.

I think Forest have brought in more quality than Fulham did but it is one hell of a task for a Prem rookie manager to bring in 7 1st XI players and another 5 or 6 in the squad and get that to work.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Forest are doing exactly what Fulham did 2 years ago and changing the entire team that got them promoted. When you do that you lose the momentum that promotion brings which - as we saw with Leeds, Wolves and Sheffield Utd - can even carry you into a top half finish.

Fulham made a big mistake in relying on a lot of loan players to keep them up, whereas Forest are all permanent signings bar Dean Henderson.

I think Forest have brought in more quality than Fulham did but it is one hell of a task for a Prem rookie manager to bring in 7 1st XI players and another 5 or 6 in the squad and get that to work.

I take your point, but to be fair Forest had little choice but to bring in a lot of new faces, as many of that team that one promotion last time out were only loan players, and set to leave the club anyway.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I take your point, but to be fair Forest had little choice but to bring in a lot of new faces, as many of that team that one promotion last time out were only loan players, and set to leave the club anyway.

Which is why they will go down. Fascinating study recently across many Leagues showed that teams that changed personnel as much as Forest always get relegated.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Which is why they will go down. Fascinating study recently across many Leagues showed that teams that changed personnel as much as Forest always get relegated.

I'm prepared to bet that if Pascal Gross is one of those signings, it will increase your chances somewhat :wink:

Gun shot

Ready to be fired
Oct 3, 2020
In a holster
Nothing is what it once was.

I am old enough to remember the first one million pound transfer, that of Trevor Francis from Birmingham City to Nottingham Forest.

1979, and everyone thought the world had gone mad.

Didn't Cloughie made it £999,999 to take the pressure off Trevor Francis?

Someone else probably found the pound down the back of the sofa.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here