Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Emmanuel Dennis

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
According to Wiki, 10 PL goals in 33 games. Pretty impressive whilst playing for a shit team.

£20 million, if true, seems a bargain.

Richarlison went from Watford to Everton for £40 million having bagged half that number in 5 more matches played.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What’s happening with Sarr? Didn’t have a great season, but looks a proper player. Probably has sights set above the likes of us I’d imagine.

Started last season with 5 goals from 11 games but a series of injuries did for him plus a subsequent loss of form. His value will have gone down as a result so it’ll be no surprise to see him in the Premier League next season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
What’s happening with Sarr? Didn’t have a great season, but looks a proper player. Probably has sights set above the likes of us I’d imagine.

Reportedly West Ham are prepared to pay Watford’s asking price (about £28m)

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Reportedly West Ham are prepared to pay Watford’s asking price (about £28m)

Sounds about right, them or Newcastle. Think he’ll be a good player, but I get that our strategy is to find the next Sarr while he’s still in a more minor league. Think he’s exactly the sort of player we could do with though, pacy, and a good eye for goal.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Everton in the chase for Dennis not good enough for the mighty seagulls though according to some.

Maybe the same "some" who thinks the mighty seagulls are a better team than Everton.

Everton chasing a player doesn't mean the whole world should chase that player. Quite the opposite.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

You said it yourself, he didn't have a great season, at the top level in football you are only as good as your last game.

I think he will have to set his sights a little lower if he fancies a move.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He can take players on in the box which I think we can all agree Maupay can’t would be something different. Undav is slow from what I’ve seen If anyones not a Potter player it’s him, time will tell though.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Would be a great signing IMHO. Doubt we are one of the two tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He can take players on in the box which I think we can all agree Maupay can’t would be something different. Undav is slow from what I’ve seen If anyones not a Potter player it’s him, time will tell though.

You are right, we need to give Undav time. If he doesn't work out then so be it. He was a punt and we won't have lost a fortune if not.

That said, l do have a good feeling about him, although far from the Premier League he has scored a shed load of goals at the top end of Belgian football.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

This analysis of Undav taken from his time at RUSG indicates he is exactly a Potter type player.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/p...lloise-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

These parts in particular sum up why.

'While Undav’s link-up and hold-up play is stellar in helping Gilloise create goal-scoring opportunities, his off the ball movement in front of goal, as well as his clinical finishing, is what has allowed him to be so prolific this season.'

'Undav is able to recognize where his teammates are inside the 18-yard box when in possession. If there is a teammate unmarked somewhere in the box, he will attempt to pass rather than shoot. He also has intelligent movement off the ball when in the box, being able to make smart darting runs behind defenders; or be able to break off his marker to find himself free near the 6-yard line.'

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
You are right, we need to give Undav time. If he doesn't work out then so be it. He was a punt and we won't have lost a fortune if not.

That said, l do have a good feeling about him, although far from the Premier League he has scored a shed load of goals at the top end of Belgian football.

He was a punt and we won't have lost a fortune if not...........might lose some points though........

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
This analysis of Undav taken from his time at RUSG indicates he is exactly a Potter type player.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/p...lloise-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

These parts in particular sum up why.

'While Undav’s link-up and hold-up play is stellar in helping Gilloise create goal-scoring opportunities, his off the ball movement in front of goal, as well as his clinical finishing, is what has allowed him to be so prolific this season.'

'Undav is able to recognize where his teammates are inside the 18-yard box when in possession. If there is a teammate unmarked somewhere in the box, he will attempt to pass rather than shoot. He also has intelligent movement off the ball when in the box, being able to make smart darting runs behind defenders; or be able to break off his marker to find himself free near the 6-yard line.'

Is he that good that he's in the German squad ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Doubt it.

This window is now about defensive midfield and defenders.

We'll go with 3 strikers - Welbeck, Maupay and Undav - along with an apprentice, probably Ferguson again, so unless Maupay is off we're fully crewed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here