Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Emirates third tier as we type...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yeah but you end up giving more money to the away team by declaring inflated false attendances (FA Cup a percentage of receipts go to the visitors)... seems a bit of a loser to me!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Yeah but you end up giving more money to the away team by declaring inflated false attendances (FA Cup a percentage of receipts go to the visitors)... seems a bit of a loser to me!

They'd get more money but so would the Albion as they've already charged all the STH for their tickets whether they turned up or not.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I assume they also re-sell STH seats when the STH'er declares they are not going? Did I read somewhere they do that scheme?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do Arsenal STHs get tickets for cup games charged automatically like United STHs?

That old chestnut, I have a colleague who is a STH at Old Trafford, he tells me he doesn't get charged automatically for cup tickets at all, when a cup game is announced he just lets the club know he doesn't want a ticket for that game and the club sells it to someone else.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How long do Emirates have the naming rights on the Stadium or is it in perpetuity? I cannot imagine it being called anything else now tbh

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
That old chestnut, I have a colleague who is a STH at Old Trafford, he tells me he doesn't get charged automatically for cup tickets at all, when a cup game is announced he just lets the club know he doesn't want a ticket for that game and the club sells it to someone else.

I have a mate who has STH at OT and he says different.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So if you don't let them know you don't want it, you're charged... automatically.

Not that I'd have a problem as such if we did bring it in cos I do virtually all home cup games anyway.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
So if you don't let them know you don't want it, you're charged... automatically.

Not that I'd have a problem as such if we did bring it in cos I do virtually all home cup games anyway.

Correct it would be more convenient, the point I was trying to make.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Arsenal get 6 or 7 cup games included in the price of their season tickets and that is all cups (League Cup, FA, Champions League).

Thought Barcelona was the last one to be honest but I'm guessing as the official attendance last night was so high it was included too.

Their mid week games regardless of who they are playing (well maybe with the exception of the latter stages of the CL) often have loads of empty seats.

Not surprised the atmosphere was a bit a flat from the home fans, it was the equivalent of us at home to Woking which I seem to recall was very flat apart from the visitors.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just on the attendence, the co-commentator last night on ESPN (Beglin ?) basically rubbished it when it was announced at 59k.

Commentator: "And an official attendence here of 59,000"
Beglin: "How many does this staduim hold ?"
Commentator: "Just over 60,000"
Beglin: "Well there's definitely not 59,000 here then".

You could blatantly see loads of gaps around the stadium, so quite WHY Arsenal bothered announcing a fictional attendence is anyones guess.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Would make sense to check the gate tickets after but I guess when every seat is nearly accounted for then you technically filled it I guess? At any rate we all know it was a lie. Nice photos as well from up the tier!

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
Arsenal get 6 or 7 cup games included in the price of their season tickets and that is all cups (League Cup, FA, Champions League).

Thought Barcelona was the last one to be honest but I'm guessing as the official attendance last night was so high it was included too.

Their mid week games regardless of who they are playing (well maybe with the exception of the latter stages of the CL) often have loads of empty seats.

Not surprised the atmosphere was a bit a flat from the home fans, it was the equivalent of us at home to Woking which I seem to recall was very flat apart from the visitors.

STHs this season got 7 cup credits, all pre-paid as part of the season ticket price though. If we'd only played (for example) 5 home cup games, you would have 2 extra credits on your entry card next season.

The Carling Cup is not included - you get priority to use your regular seat, but have to pay for it. This is the reason Arsenal charge £10/£20 for Carling Cup and always sell out, more tickets for general sale as STHs are given the choice not to go, plus prices are more affordable. Was 'Sold Out' last night, but STHs didn't turn up. Don't think you can sell your seat back for cup games, but you definitely can for league games.

Sadly Arsenal aren't allowed to reduce ticket prices for FA Cup games, a) because STHs have paid for them up front so would get annoyed and b) because away teams would not get their attendance payout, so object (both teams have to agree the price I believe, strangely).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here