Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Emile Smith-Rowe

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When have we ever paid big money or for that matter even average money to a club in England? Just think it won't happen as we don't pay over inflated prices and English clubs players are always over inflated.
Evolution of the club though isn’t it……..could equally have said getting £115m for one of our players was fanciful nonsense until recently. What were ‘normal’ numbers for us a couple of seasons ago have moved massively. If the algos show there is value in him at whatever we’re offering and he fits into the playing ethos there’s no reason we wouldn’t make an offer

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Evolution of the club though isn’t it……..could equally have said getting £115m for one of our players was fanciful nonsense until recently. What were ‘normal’ numbers for us a couple of seasons ago have moved massively. If the algos show there is value in him at whatever we’re offering and he fits into the playing ethos there’s no reason we wouldn’t make an offer
I get that, but still rate it as unlikely. Mainly because I can see someone else paying more and us not going any further than this. Would love to be wrong. I'd rate it as unlikely, but probably more likely than Gallagher.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
When have we ever paid big money or for that matter even average money to a club in England? Just think it won't happen as we don't pay over inflated prices and English clubs players are always over inflated.
No idea if there is even the merest hint of truth in this rumour but:

30m to Watford fro Pedro
40m offer to Chelsea for Colwill.

Also reported to have agreed 35m for Kudus.

We're clearly willing to spend 30-40m if we think the player is the right one. I don't think Arsenal could ask for much more than that for a player who is quie low down their pecking order.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Would be a decent signing but can't see it.
File under Twitter bull**** I reckon.
Would likely want £100k/w. (Which he'll probably get elsewhere.)
Why would he swap Arsenal's bench for ours.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Interesting that the Sun ( I know!) are reporting that Arsenal have offered Smith Rowe to a mystery Premier League club. They don’t name us.
This could make sense as they know we have cash, aren’t realistically a CL competitor and have an interest in buying a No 10. Chelsea have shown interest but assume they don’t want to sell to them and Chelsea seem to have more focus on Cole Palmer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I get that, but still rate it as unlikely. Mainly because I can see someone else paying more and us not going any further than this. Would love to be wrong. I'd rate it as unlikely, but probably more likely than Gallagher.
Agree it’s unlikely in this case, but us paying 40m for someone is now very likely at some point soon.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Interesting that the Sun ( I know!) are reporting that Arsenal have offered Smith Rowe to a mystery Premier League club. They don’t name us.
This could make sense as they know we have cash, aren’t realistically a CL competitor and have an interest in buying a No 10. Chelsea have shown interest but assume they don’t want to sell to them and Chelsea seem to have more focus on Cole Palmer.
He's supposedly already held talks with Chelsea so guessing it's them. After all if you want to flog a player that's who you'd go to.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
yes it’s the sun, but it would be quite wise for them to do so, given we’d heard the relationship between us and them had soured due to their approach for caicedo in january, would maybe help them down the line if they are interested in one of our players

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He looked like he was going to be the next big thing a couple of seasons ago, but seems to have stalled a bit. If we can get him back to where he was then...oh boy...

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Would be a decent signing but can't see it.
File under Twitter bull**** I reckon.
Would likely want £100k/w. (Which he'll probably get elsewhere.)
Why would he swap Arsenal's bench for ours.
I dont think he'd want that much and is probably on relatively sensible wages being an academy player.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
He's supposedly already held talks with Chelsea so guessing it's them. After all if you want to flog a player that's who you'd go to.
They mention Chelsea and another ‘mystery club’.
Maybe they want to ‘do us a favour’ in case they think it may help them in the future with a Ferguson purchase. 😂Good luck to them on that one as I reckon he’ll be off to Man United in two years time.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
If he went to Chelsea he’d sit on the bench. They are having talks with every available player suitable for the top six, it’s disrupter tactics.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
74 posts and silly views. It's utter tosh from an unreliable source. Who else shall we make up ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Who actually knows what his wages currently are? Do young fringe players move for same wages and first team football or do they prefer to (unrealistically) stay at club and/or seek higher wages and further bench time again at another club?

It’s insane the amount of money washing around in football for not doing anything. Some of the younger players are criminally advised, get your arse in gear and boots on and play some football - it’s a short career as you’re all programmed to say!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here