Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Emeli Sande

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Does anyone know why she had such a prominent role in the closing ceremony? She's reasonably talented but singing twice live and then closing the show with a cover of Imagine. Dont understand it. Is it because she's mixed race and Scottish? Ultimate diversity points.

Londoncalling

Jul 20, 2012
Does anyone know why she had such a prominent role in the closing ceremony? She's reasonably talented but singing twice live and then closing the show with a cover of Imagine. Dont understand it. Is it because she's mixed race and Scottish? Ultimate diversity points.

Shes Mo Farrahs Mum

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Sorry mate she's crap, no technique & sings through her nose.

Thought I was the only one who thought she was shit.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
She's bloody awful but as someone put above - ultimate diversity points probably outweighs talent

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

There you go Ned, here's some more for you to have a go at. May we hear some of yours?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I assume this has a hell of a lot to do with who had the same agent as those organising the show - ala Gary Barlow giving Cheryl Cole such a prominent role at the Jubilee Concert (and even deliberately stopping the Queen right in front of Cole so she would be in every shot from then on). Might be wrong, but I feel sure this has far more to do with it than an actual honest representation of music.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
I assume this has a hell of a lot to do with who had the same agent as those organising the show - ala Gary Barlow giving Cheryl Cole such a prominent role at the Jubilee Concert (and even deliberately stopping the Queen right in front of Cole so she would be in every shot from then on). Might be wrong, but I feel sure this has far more to do with it than an actual honest representation of music.

Not tonight.....it was nothing to do with agents etc....tonight was a one off. Emilie Sande represents the music NOW... The agents wouldnt have had anything to do with tonight !

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
She may not be everyone's cup of tea and maybe she was overexposed, I don't know, I didn't watch it, but anyone who thinks she can't sing is frankly an idiot.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Almost unlistenable last night. Not sure if she sang the same song as the opening ceremony, but did sound like she sang through her nose as some words unintelligible.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Nobody can question her voice, it's sensational! I love how people say she is crap etc, when most people on here properly make shit karaoke singers sound like her

I think she has a hideous voice and her songs were incredibly tedious. That doesn't mean I think I can sing.

Jessie J was ok though.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Nobody can question her voice, it's sensational! I love how people say she is crap etc, when most people on here properly make shit karaoke singers sound like her

I question her voice last night-she was singing through her bloody nose. As for your comment about karaoke singers-they aren't 'professional' as she is supposed to be.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
She may not be everyone's cup of tea and maybe she was overexposed, I don't know, I didn't watch it, but anyone who thinks she can't sing is frankly an idiot.

I go along with this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here