Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Embrace a Moaner - a thread for the positive amongst us only

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
You know what it's like. The Albion have just won/drawn/lost, you get home, log onto NSC and you just know they'll be there, those negative comments, the utter drivel, the obsessive examination of anything slightly positive to extract a down side (often as not accompanied by a few choice swear words and suppressed or very apparent anger).

I'm not talking about the postings of those who haven't got 2 brain cells to rub together nor those that post hurriedly in anger about something and then regret it later. No, I'm talking about the habitual Moaners, you know the ones, those who'd come on here after spending the weekend in bed with Rihanna and moan that she'd got a hole in her arse.

Well, how about considering a different approach to these saddos? Rather than contradicting them or attempting to defeat their arguements by employing logic, why don't you pause and consider their family and friends(?)?

Imagine having to live with them. Imagine how you'd feel if after the game you had to look forward to the return home of a Moaner. Irrespective of the result, you know you've got to listen to 3 or 4 or 5 hours of unrelenting carping on. Sheesh! It could be even worse, they could be like that every day, eking out their joyless lives by bringing down everyone they know with their dread negativity. Talk about soul destroying.

So, how about taking a different approach to the Moaners; how about ignoring them or, if you're strong enough, even humouring them? Don't confront them, it may drive them off NSC and back into contact with their family with all the attendant unhappiness and suffering that that will cause. Think of it as an act of kindness, almost like providing respite care.

Who knows, you may save a hapless wife from a fearfull nag or a poor dog from a nasty shoeing.

Embrace a Moaner, you know it makes sense. Those closest to them will bless you.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Or people might just vent their spleen here in order to live calm lives in their actual world.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
You know what it's like. The Albion have just won/drawn/lost, you get home, log onto NSC and you just know they'll be there, those negative comments, the utter drivel, the obsessive examination of anything slightly positive to extract a down side (often as not accompanied by a few choice swear words and suppressed or very apparent anger).

I'm not talking about the postings of those who haven't got 2 brain cells to rub together nor those that post hurriedly in anger about something and then regret it later. No, I'm talking about the habitual Moaners, you know the ones, those who'd come on here after spending the weekend in bed with Rihanna and moan that she'd got a hole in her arse.

Well, how about considering a different approach to these saddos? Rather than contradicting them or attempting to defeat their arguements by employing logic, why don't you pause and consider their family and friends(?)?

Imagine having to live with them. Imagine how you'd feel if after the game you had to look forward to the return home of a Moaner. Irrespective of the result, you know you've got to listen to 3 or 4 or 5 hours of unrelenting carping on. Sheesh! It could be even worse, they could be like that every day, eking out their joyless lives by bringing down everyone they know with their dread negativity. Talk about soul destroying.

So, how about taking a different approach to the Moaners; how about ignoring them or, if you're strong enough, even humouring them? Don't confront them, it may drive them off NSC and back into contact with their family with all the attendant unhappiness and suffering that that will cause. Think of it as an act of kindness, almost like providing respite care.

Who knows, you may save a hapless wife from a fearfull nag or a poor dog from a nasty shoeing.

Embrace a Moaner, you know it makes sense. Those closest to them will bless you.

Mind the sand you bury your head in doesn't get in your eyes and mouth - second thoughts, just worry about your eyes!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Sadly these handfulof moaners are killing my enjoyment of NSC drastically at the moment, when in reality we have very little to moan about.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If I could moan Diego - who the frick's got the time to read all that?? (let alone bothering to write all that in the first place!). Any NSC post over a paragraph long is too long for me to bother with.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
yep Ok
but who?
feck me there are so many.
someone make a suggestion for me ...................or maybe not!!!!
whoever you are out there have a good new year

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
This

& this.

If there were no moaners and everyone had the same opinions, this would be the most boring forum on the planet.

Almost as boring as waking up next to Rihanna only to discover she did actually have an arse hole. Class!

Dusty_Fryer

May 12, 2009
Port Stanley
"Eight One - Eight bloody One! - And even that were an own goal!"
image.jpg
Well played!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The negative people I know who moan incessantly, would not dare moan at home as they are so henpecked. I find it hard to believe that some who go on and on and on about the same negative tripe on here, would be like that it real life anyway. Each to their own though, live and let live etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here