Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Embarrassing collapse of form

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It's about time we started giving our young players a proper chance too. There are at least 4 players that need blooding at some point. Why the f*** was Tilley not given a chance against Hull? No excuse.

The club seems insistent in signing some unproven pound stretcher from Spain yet there are player available that can do a proven job right here in this country but play in a lower level. All the 13 year old FIFA 16 fans are catered for but they come to nothing. $10m on a player that nobody knows nothing about other than putting his game stats on social media and wetting their pants because his name is not Smith. Laughable

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Should have seen this coming since the charlton game who we made look like Barcelona for 45 mins. Since then charlton have been awful.

Although we won this game it has had an impact on Hughton and the way the players have set up.
We got caught out twice by over committing.
Now the midfield sit and there is no support to the front players or runners into the box.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This is spot on. Injuries really haven't helped, but even during the run we were hardly ever convincing.

I never say stuff like this on here but i think something is really wrong, fundamentally, at our club. It started with the whole Poyet fiasco and has continued ever since, with our unbeaten run merely papering over some pretty unsightly cracks.
Jones leaving just another example. You really telling me managing Luton should be preferable to coaching us?

Nathan Jones made some fulsome comments in something I read from Luton the other day about how much of a wrench it was to leave Brighton, and how much he had learnt from all three managers he had worked under. If he was being economical with the truth, he was lying very well.

And I think it is absolutely and totally understandable that someone in his position would want to try his hand at being the boss.

In other words, I totally disagree with everything you have said.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I think when we gave a late penalty away at Derby when winning, then a few days later blew a 2-0 lead at QPR with another very late goal when we were top, was when i had a feeling that morale may crumble.

What a position the club would have been in if we had won both of those games.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If everyone was fit my first choice back 4 would be:
Rossiner Greer BFG Bong
With Greer replaced in the summer.
3 are out.
First choice wingers are KLL and March.
1 out 1 hardly back.
It doesn't surprise me we are struggling.
The back up squad players are miles off the required quality if we are serious about promotion.
Kayal and Stephens are boing flogged to death because the back up is shite.
The one area the manager and board should answer is why have we not invested in a proven striker? BZ was never going to be more than an impact sub, albeit a good one. Our rivals seem to be able to find strikers. Flipping heck Rotherham have Derbyshire FFS.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Harsh by the op to single out Greer and Bruno. Greer has been good and Bruno outstanding this season.

Actually Bruno defending this season has been poor , cost us lots of goals this season . Good going forward , weak defensively

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
All the teams at the top will have a wobble at some point.there are still 20 games left when and if were out the hunt for the playoffs we can start ripping the side apart.But until than lets keep the faith.i think Bruno has been out standing so far bit unfair criticism of him.just need to get a win and go from there.we ll be there abouts come May just need to get that confidence back.We do need a striker to come in.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Look it is another season in the championship. We have always been shit. Nothing changes. That is who we are and what defines us

To be honest a period in the champ is what we probably need having been in bottom two divs most of our lives. Tho is does stick in the troat that teams like Bmuff are havimg a crack at the prem.

Minimum standard reqd is the champ however and last season it very nearly went incredibly wrong!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
We need Bong back and KLL (back as a starter), I swear Bong will make a huge HUGE difference though.

I keep telling myself this about Bong too. Any news on his return?

Nov 5, 2012
chichester
All feels like a horrible dream since the lead we chucked away at QPR. I had such positivity even though there were lots of draws because we were still scoring goals, but now it just seems like we are lucky to get 0! The only positive tonight was Palarse losing but they will more than likely still stay up. Depressing doesn't cover it.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Do you really think a team in the playoff places in the Championship is shit? Get some perspective, FFS.

To be fair Del we have had a great run ,but in typical brighton fashion we are doing our best to **** up ,its pissing us off now lol

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It does seem like we are going to be this year's Derby, collapsing into nothingness.

Desperately disappointing given where we were but still huge progress on last season. Work in progress. 2017 is the year. Hopefully.

A goal would be just peachy though.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We need Bong back and KLL (back as a starter), I swear Bong will make a huge HUGE difference though.

KLL looked woefully short of fitness and touch when he came on. He gave the ball away virtually every time he got it. Baldock would have been a better option. But completely agree about Bong. We really miss him and the balance he gives the team.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Brighton are perverse footballing alchemists, we have in the main an extraordinary ability to turn gold into shit, hope into despair, promise into bang average season after season, decade after decade. Like no other comparative club. I pity the younger fans at the beginning of their foolishly optimistic supporter stories, where logic and reason still hold advantage over the brutal reality of past, present and no doubt future tenses. For if playing to our full potential is the dream, then the nightmare shows no sign of abating. Seemingly with the Best of everything and even if we had more money than we could ever hope for we would still find a way to underachieve. That is the honest truth we all fear to admit. It makes liars of us everyday. If we signed Messi he'd turn Messy, Cruf would morph into Crufts and Maradona settle for just plain old Donna in all probability. It's the shirt. It's the club. Its the fans. It's the sea air. Who knows. But it's something, something that is unique to Brighton and Hove Albion that consistently delivers relative failure versus 115 years existence. Shame on the latest players, for their lacklustre contribution to our lacklustre history. But that's all they are. The latest.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Brighton are perverse footballing alchemists, we have in the main an extraordinary ability to turn gold into shit, hope into despair, promise into bang average season after season, decade after decade. Like no other comparative club. I pity the younger fans at the beginning of their foolishly optimistic supporter stories, where logic and reason still hold advantage over the brutal reality of past, present and no doubt future tenses. For if playing to our full potential is the dream, then the nightmare shows no sign of abating. Seemingly with the Best of everything and even if we had more money than we could ever hope for we would still find a way to underachieve. That is the honest truth we all fear to admit. It makes liars of us everyday. If we signed Messi he'd turn Messy, Cruf would morph into Crufts and Maradona settle for just plain old Donna in all probability. It's the shirt. It's the club. Its the fans. It's the sea air. Who knows. But it's something, something that is unique to Brighton and Hove Albion that consistently delivers relative failure versus 115 years existence. Shame on the latest players, for their lacklustre contribution to our lacklustre history. But that's all they are. The latest.

Sums up my 40+ years of supporting the Albion! Large extended periods of bang average frustration interspersed with occasional smaller periods of excitement... Or is that my sex life?! Maybe the two are linked by some weird parallel existence, cue twilight zone music.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sums up my 40+ years of supporting the Albion! Large extended periods of bang average frustration interspersed with occasional smaller periods of excitement... Or is that my sex life?! Maybe the two are linked by some weird parallel existence, cue twilight zone music.

Yep, I'm nearly in the forty years of following club and convinced this club is cursed. The difference between us and say Palace is they stare down the barrel of liquidation with odds on they'll be relegated and...they survive and turn things completely around within 12-18months to rub shoulders with the games elite. And they've done that twice! Whilst we do get relegated, take 2 decades to recover and still can't get it up! The club I mean ;)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

There must be something in that as during the 50s we always did well then after season ticket renewal date dropped off and missed promotion and everybody said great next year is the year and so we continued, until Billy Lane took us up on that beautiful April evening of 1958 against Watford. Is this season going to be another repeat of our failures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here