Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis wants out!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
In 22 years of playing Sunday League football manu type players would turn up for training and look triffic - only to prove fecking useless in a proper game.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I can understand his frustration. Who knows, if he played 3 or 4 consecutive games at some stage, he may have shown why we paid the money we did for him.

He needs to join a club that will give him a proper run of games. Not all transfers turn out right for player or club unfortunately, but we have done well on the whole since that Burke guy left anyway.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Last night spotted helping out with a video for Albion in the Community.

elvismanu.jpg

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Perhaps, he can go on the cycling challenge and get left there.

From what I have seen of him he has showed a tiny glimpse of being useful, but I dont think Hughton rates him and giving interviews saying he wants out isnt going to help his cause.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I see the Argus is on the Ball, posted 13mins ago on their website.

ELVIS MANU is desperate to leave Albion in January – on loan or for good.
The enigmatic Dutch striker would welcome a return to Feyenoord, the home town club Albion bought him from for £1.5 million two summers ago.
Manu has yet to start a Championship game for the Seagulls.
The 23-year-old, quoted on Football Oranje.com from an interview with AD.nl, said: “I honestly cannot wait for the winter, then there might be a chance of a loan move or a sale. I want to go back to the days that I was important.
“Feyenoord is the only club I really have a warm feeling. So if I ever get an offer to come back, then I do not need long to think about it.
“It’s my club, I’ve already lived my moments and built up a good relationship with the fans.”
It is the second time Manu has spoken out to the Dutch media about his frustrations with Albion.
In January he told newspaper Metro he made the wrong choice signing, adding: “I do not have a happy marriage.”
He was then axed and fined by Huddersfield for a breach of discipline during a loan spell with the Yorkshiremen.
Albion manager Chris Hughton said Manu had “improved” as he was linked with MK Dons and moves to Turkey and back to Holland during the summer transfer window.
He scored in League Cup ties against Colchester and Oxford but has made just two sub appearances in the Championship so far this season, the last against Huddersfield last month.
Albion could now seek to cut their losses on Manu halfway through his three-year contract.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I see the Argus is on the Ball, posted 13mins ago on their website.

ELVIS MANU is desperate to leave Albion in January – on loan or for good.
The enigmatic Dutch striker would welcome a return to Feyenoord, the home town club Albion bought him from for £1.5 million two summers ago.
Manu has yet to start a Championship game for the Seagulls.
The 23-year-old, quoted on Football Oranje.com from an interview with AD.nl, said: “I honestly cannot wait for the winter, then there might be a chance of a loan move or a sale. I want to go back to the days that I was important.
“Feyenoord is the only club I really have a warm feeling. So if I ever get an offer to come back, then I do not need long to think about it.
“It’s my club, I’ve already lived my moments and built up a good relationship with the fans.”
It is the second time Manu has spoken out to the Dutch media about his frustrations with Albion.
In January he told newspaper Metro he made the wrong choice signing, adding: “I do not have a happy marriage.”
He was then axed and fined by Huddersfield for a breach of discipline during a loan spell with the Yorkshiremen.
Albion manager Chris Hughton said Manu had “improved” as he was linked with MK Dons and moves to Turkey and back to Holland during the summer transfer window.
He scored in League Cup ties against Colchester and Oxford but has made just two sub appearances in the Championship so far this season, the last against Huddersfield last month.
Albion could now seek to cut their losses on Manu halfway through his three-year contract.

If Mr Naylor would be kind enough to drop me a few quid for doing his job for him that would be cool. Alternatively I would accept two tickets to Seven Stars.....

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I wonder if Elvis has considered the option of playing better, which might, in the end, get him a run of games?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Pretty sure he'd have been outta here had we managed to bring in another attacking player in the Summer.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Agree with the 'no more Dutch players' sentiment. Aside from Kuipers, the rest have been complete turkeys for one reason or another. Its not just an Albion 'thing' either. Many, including their national squad have had a reputation for sulking and flouncing over different issue's. Forget which W/Cup finals it was? - where Seedorf, Davids and co threatened to walk away from the squad over money and personality issue's.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Agree with the 'no more Dutch players' sentiment. Aside from Kuipers, the rest have been complete turkeys for one reason or another. Its not just an Albion 'thing' either. Many, including their national squad have had a reputation for sulking and flouncing over different issue's. Forget which W/Cup finals it was? - where Seedorf, Davids and co threatened to walk away from the squad over money and personality issue's.

It seems that the Dutch players that come over are generally brilliant (Van Persie, D Bergkamp, Gullet, Van Nistelrooy....etc..), or awful (Elvis, Holla, R Bergkamp, Memphis, De Jong, B Roy....etc), doesn't seem like many are OK/Good.

It's a surprise as the leagues are similar in terms of pace and physicality, and a similar culture, it just doesn't seem to work for a large percentage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here