[Music] Elvis Costello's greatest album?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis Costello's greatest album?

• Trust

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Juliet Letters

• Brutal Youth

• Kojak Variety

• All This Useless Beauty

• When I Was Cruel

• North

• Il Sogno

• The Delivery Man

• Momofuku

• Secret, Profane & Sugarcane

• National Ransom

• Total voters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As per Oasis, The Clash and just about any decentish recentish band at all, anything after the first three albums can normally be disregarded as WAY more filler than thriller and just seeing out the recording contract.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
As per Oasis, The Clash and just about any decentish recentish band at all, anything after the first three albums can normally be disregarded as WAY more filler than thriller and just seeing out the recording contract.

Combat Rock - The Clash

Brutal Youth
Cruel Smile
Imperial Bedroom

All disprove that notion.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Would anyone take Oasis's third album 'Be Here Now' over Costello's fourth 'Get Happy'? I doubt even Noel Gallagher would.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I want you had to be one of the greatest 'll tracks of all time,the vitriol in his voice is stunning as are the 8 guitar notes that sound slightly out of tune

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
He hadn't even wrote 'Shipbuilding' before 'Trust', or 'Beyond Belief', or 'I Want You.'

I'm tempted to go for 'All This Useless Beauty' which is an absolutely brilliant album, but I'm going to settle on 'Blood and Chocolate.' He just does bitter and angry so well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwGdB4Gj7Js

Sorry but Elvis Costello wrote the lyrics to Shipbuilding but not the song.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Sorry but Elvis Costello wrote the lyrics to Shipbuilding but not the song.

Yes, and it would be hard to find a song from the eighties with better lyrics. If you did, it would probably be another one of Elvis's.

Working with or without Clive Langer, he obviously hadn't 'lost it'.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I've gone "Armed Forces" but that is probably just an emotional choice based upon memories. Don't think the fellah made any bad albums really

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Would anyone take Oasis's third album 'Be Here Now' over Costello's fourth 'Get Happy'? I doubt even Noel Gallagher would.

Agreed but touch & go with Combat Rock though

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Genius songwriter. Saw him several times back in the day, and EC and the Attractions were always an electric live act. Voted This Year's Model, but could easily have been any of the first four. Need to spend a bit more time with some of the later albums ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports