Elvis Costello : Revolver Tour :Brighton Centre 16th May

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oct 2, 2008
Any other NSCers going to see the great man next week ?. I have a feeling that the Centre will be full of people of a certain age (ie. my age !). I think this will be my 7th time watching EC and he has never disappointed. Looking forward to a few interesting cover versions and lots of old favourites (but almost always played a little differently ).

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'm going to see him at
the RAH the week after

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm never one to knock other peoples musical taste - it's each to their own. Just struggle to appreciate his voice and singing style now. Saw him at the Suite in the 70's and thought he was great, but now I look forward to hearing what he's doing because he's a true original, but can't overcome his vocal styling. Feel the same about Elton John, Rod Stewart and even Sir Paul after his latest effort. Shame for me but enjoy the show.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He played for the best part of three hours last night, mesmeric performance, chatting with the audience, walking off stage and singing in aisles, all the favourites were there (well, not all, that would have taken 6 hours TBH). Special mention for the dancer in the cage, and the Ukranian blonde with the enormous arse who picked the audience members to go up on stage to spin the wheel that chose the next song.

Best song was probably 'Tramp the Dirt Down', as valid and sharply observed today as when it was originally penned.

If you only see one gig this year, see Elvis.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Seeing him in basingstoke(!!!) in a couple of weeks, but tempted to pick up a ticket for 16th to see him in my home town again. Guy is a genius. Been my musical hero since I was 14 - 33 years ago!

Lush

Mods' Pet
I'm never one to knock other peoples musical taste - it's each to their own. Just struggle to appreciate his voice and singing style now. Saw him at the Suite in the 70's and thought he was great, but now I look forward to hearing what he's doing because he's a true original, but can't overcome his vocal styling. Feel the same about Elton John, Rod Stewart and even Sir Paul after his latest effort. Shame for me but enjoy the show.

Absolutely with you there.

sullyshuffle

Aug 16, 2003
Horsham
Echo the comments made above. A three hour performance covering the spectrum of his music from the early days. His voice was in good form, and the band brilliant as ever! Some good dancers!!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Seeing him at the Albert Hall this Thursday - sounds like it will be good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports