Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elphick without Butters

butters14

Mar 22, 2008
An old bloke on the phone-in this evening made an interesting point about Elphick's lack of form/confidence. He puts it down to the absence of real experience in the defence, from which Tommy obviously benefitted last season.

He was right. I suggested a couple of months ago that Guy, who is still involved at the club, should be asked to come back until the end of the season, as a defence coach, and to play 60 minutes a game.

When I last posted this idea, I was accused of being "literally mad".

Recent performances, plus the fact the man is getting fit at Lewes, show that I was absolutely right.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
So how do you explain finishing 7th with Elphick and Lynch as our defence?
Both young and looked good together.Don't think it has any thing to do with Butters.We need a decent center half or Lynch back.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Virgs should be providing the experience but is playing in other positions.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Virgo proved today in the 2nd half that he is the best central defender that we have at the club. Play him there alongside Elphick for a few games. Although it would not suprise me to see MA try Virgo and Hawkins.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Both young and looked good together.Don't think it has any thing to do with Butters.We need a decent center half or Lynch back.

last season the divison was piss piss poor. We were along way off 6th and marginally ahead of mid table. Add in the quality to the division and it has resulted in teams like us , carlisle etc becoming gash

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Virgo proved today in the 2nd half that he is the best central defender that we have at the club. Play him there alongside Elphick for a few games.
You will see that on tuesday if Whing is fit.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
last season the divison was piss piss poor. We were along way off 6th and marginally ahead of mid table. Add in the quality to the division and it has resulted in teams like us , carlisle etc becoming gash

Piss poor?

Look where Swansea and Doncaster are in the championship.Not forgetting Forest either.
Swansea were better then Leicester when they were here.No way piss poor.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

butters14

Mar 22, 2008

I expalin that by the fact that elphick and Lynch didn't play together the whole season, nothing like it. Butters wwas playing, and was ther ein training all season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Even if you were right about last season's division being piss poor (which you're not, btw) we were still better than the 17 teams blow us last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here