Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elphick to Villa

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
10% of Villa's headline £30m gone. I know Clark, Lescott and Richards are proper shithouse, but surely even they are better than Tommy Elphick.

Oh, and Okore.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
if he is willing to drop a division i would take him here, maybe not £3m tho

To replace GG yes, but I would still play Dunky & Goldson ahead of him.

Which leaves two questions, would Tony want to pay £3M for a player who wouldn't be automatic first choice?, and would Tommy be happy to sign knowing that he wouldn't be starting week in and week out?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Type of player Villa were crying out for last season. A leader who inspires the younger players, gives 100% in every game and is an extremely positive influence in the dressing room. I was gutted when he left & I'd have him back here all day long.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
He has probably scored more goals at Villa Park than half the Villa team

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
To replace GG yes, but I would still play Dunky & Goldson ahead of him.

Which leaves two questions, would Tony want to pay £3M for a player who wouldn't be automatic first choice?, and would Tommy be happy to sign knowing that he wouldn't be starting week in and week out?
No and no

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
How can people say he was not good enough for the Prem when Bournemouth more than held their own in the Prem with him in their team .

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
How can people say he was not good enough for the Prem when Bournemouth more than held their own in the Prem with him in their team .

Did they though?

Bournemouth with Elphick P12 W2 D2 L8 Goals against 26 Points per game 0.66, goals against per game 2.16
Without Elphick P26 W9 D7 L10 Goals against 41 points per game 1.30, goals against per game 1.58

That is why he is up for sale.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Did they though?

Bournemouth with Elphick P12 W2 D2 L8 Goals against 26 Points per game 0.66, goals against per game 2.16
Without Elphick P26 W9 D7 L10 Goals against 41 points per game 1.30, goals against per game 1.58

That is why he is up for sale.

This place is getting ridiculous with all these facts and figures , the way its going the some bloke down the pub will be obsolete .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This place is getting ridiculous with all these facts and figures , the way its going the some bloke down the pub will be obsolete .

No wonder pubs are closing.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
He simply wasnt up to it.......despite his injury it was a step too far and it was blatantly obvious towards the end

No reason he wont carry his old form back down at championship level... but not our level im afraid :)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Would be our level as the 3rd CB bench player but we can find that cheap. Not 3M and no way would we pay 40k a week to anyone let alone a bench warmer who rotates in. This is why football has gone mental.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here