Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Smith

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
I don't know if anyone likes him on here but, if you do, his long-awaited second posthumous album 'New Moon' is in the shops from TODAY.

I went and got it earlier and it's brilliant.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
That's the guy that did the 'Either/Or' Album.. the one where most of the songs from 'Good Will Hunting' are taken from.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Muzzman said:
That's the guy that did the 'Either/Or' Album.. the one where most of the songs from 'Good Will Hunting' are taken from.

Yes it is. Though the song 'Miss Misery' which is played on the ending credits and which was nominated, and performed at the ceremony, for 'Best Song' at the Oscars (beaten by Celine Dion's titanic song) does not appear on any Elliott Smith album......... until now. There is an early version (different to the one in the film) on disc 1 of this new album :)

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
the full harris said:
Yes it is. Though the song 'Miss Misery' which is played on the ending credits and which was nominated, and performed at the ceremony, for 'Best Song' at the Oscars (beaten by Celine Dion's titanic song) does not appear on any Elliott Smith album......... until now. There is an early version (different to the one in the film) on disc 1 of this new album :)

Really??

*scuttlesofftowww.play.com*

:thumbsup:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Muzzman said:
Really??

*scuttlesofftowww.play.com*

:thumbsup:

play.com are out of stock. I pre-ordered with them and they've still yet to get any in. I cancelled and strolled down to a real life shop instead.

Incidentally, the film verison of Miss Misery is avalaible on the GWH soundtrack. This version is more raw sounding version from before GWH was made and some of the lyrics are different too.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
the full harris said:
play.com are out of stock. I pre-ordered with them and they've still yet to get any in. I cancelled and strolled down to a real life shop instead.

Incidentally, the film verison of Miss Misery is avalaible on the GWH soundtrack. This version is more raw sounding version from before GWH was made and some of the lyrics are different too.

OK, thanks.. might pop along to HMV when I go and see Spidey 3 tomorrow :)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yeah i had a copy sent to me by a stealer some weeks ago. I feel those who dread the passing of people they never met and the day they do an anniversary they keep tearfully for life rather laughable. But when Smithy stabbed himself in the heart, my eyes watered a bit, and the music that's come out since, sad and moving in every track.
'Twilight' on Basement on the Hill still has me shaken more than any other song, i think.

I only saw him live once, and kick myself now for necking a number of pills beforehand. And remembering more myself than his performance. :(

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Very very good musician. His last album before he died was a beautiful beautiful album. From a basement on a hill. Tracks like Twilight, Fond farewell to my friends (oh, how prescient sadly) are just just brilliant. A gentle troubled man who died in sucha gruesome way - he stabbed himself through the chest.

I heartily recommend him to anyone who'll listen.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here