Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Elland Road: new concrete tunnel for away fans to access and exit stadium from coach park

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
If that's the way Leeds want to deal with a problem mainly to protect visitors thats their business but I rather the approach from our club to try and welcome all fans. Their answer to the problem seems so 1970s to me. Not really encompassing family friendly environment is it? Awful.

Really need to build one from the railway station. I know it’s a long way but can’t put up with this nonsense any longer

https://player.bfi.org.uk/free/film/watch-elland-road-football-control-1976-online

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So is the problem with home fans or away fans? If the former, where’s their tunnel as they’re the ones who can’t be trusted.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What is going to be in that area around thevwalkway, i.e where the Audi is parked now? If it's home fans it could make it quite fun!

I was just thinking if it was going to end up like Millwall where the unsuspecting take the piss in Coward's Walk until they realise they're being deposited back with the 'Wall.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Looks like the outside of Berlin Schoenefeld airport.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Maybe it's wrong to assume this is to prevent conflict and it's more like the philosophy of peasants not being allowed to look at the monarch and the divine, such is the elevated and glorious status of Leeds as a club? Perhaps they can put a shrine in their so we can all pay tribute in the hope of being allowed to witness their team?

Line the concourses with Tibetan prayer wheels so that fans can give worship to the Bielssiah on their way in and out

78256047.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm sure they've risked assessed it and everything but if someone had a heart attack or other medical emergency in there after a night game with a couple of thousand fans trying to pass through, that doesn't feel like the potential for a good outcome.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Don't know what some of you are complaining about.

I think it's very accommodating, allowing us to watch our own team without being subjected to the city of Leeds or the neanderthals that reside within it. Very kind of them.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Seems pretty over the top.. If anything it'll cause more problems, you'll get the "hold me back" type giving it the big one and plenty of room for objects to be thrown through..

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Each week for the last month, I've been logging on to "Walter Arkwright's Tunnel Watch", to marvel at the construction of this stunning piece of modern football architecture.

White Fan man

Oct 25, 2020
Like Brighton thugs attacking Leeds fans on their own between your stadium and railway station - very welcoming. Especially being that it was the same group of Brighton thugs who picked on one fan at Brighton station on the way up to the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here