Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Electronic Cigarette's

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
If your dead serious about giving up then Champix may be the way to go. Im sure these ecigs have an advantage but could not see the point myself as they still contain nicotine. I used Champix and havent smoked a rolly for 7 months. Well worth it in my opinion

Champex are very good I was on them for about 3 months with no problems. However after the 3 months I then started to get very aggressive with anyone and everyone and just wanted to kill people so went back on the cigarettes and off the pills. I went on the electronic cigarette on 22 Jan last year and have not had a smoke since. The ironic thing is the e-cigs are not a giving up device. I just used it when I got a craving and only needed it for about 3 weeks.

Good luck to everyone trying to give up.:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I had a nightmare that scared the shit out of me in August and have decided to stop.

I bought one of these ones.....
http://www.safercigs.co.uk/eGo_X__IMSIT_2/p705283_6644382.aspx

And I haven't looked back.

I started on the 18mg strength oil, used 2 30ml bottles of oil which lasted 2 months, dropped down to the 8mg oil now, next stage is 0mg oil and when that's done I shall stop using the thing full stop.

Personally I think they're great, I don't wheeze laying in bed anymore, I don't cough all the time, I can walk up the stairs to WSU easily now whereas it hurt before.

I can now taste my food properly, some things I now enjoy and others I used to like I now don't (BBQ hula hoops in particular),

I've also noticed just how much smoking stinks, and its horrible, my misuse still smokes, she goes outside but when she comes in she stinks, whether its up the pub or at home.

Go for it. The one in my link is a new design that can be broken down and cleaned so the taste doesn't diminish and stops it getting clogged up, I get the oils from http://www.eliquidlabs.com the flavour range is huge and the price is good too.

Go for it, if you think it's pricey you can order the bits for separately and save a bit of money.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can someone please tell e why these are banned at the Amex. Bloody ridiculous. I have finally managed to quit with the help of this device and the damn stewards were giving my grief yesterday. Why ?

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
Can someone please tell e why these are banned at the Amex. Bloody ridiculous. I have finally managed to quit with the help of this device and the damn stewards were giving my grief yesterday. Why ?

Potential for others to think you are getting away with smoking for real, especially if they don't even know about electronic ones. They then have a go and so on.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I use an e-fag too and it has helped enormously. I can only think the reason you cannot "smoke" them at the Amex is that they are far too realistic to determine from a real fag. Apart from which, I never smoked a real fag when at football, so don't actually feel the need to use my e-fag either.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
T'uther half swears by her e-ciggy. Went to a dinner party last night and while us proper smokers were outside in the rain sucking on our oily rags she was inside in the warm puffing away.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So if effect all you are doing is substituting the tobacco craving and the idea is you reduce the strength down then eventually you no longer need them.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
So if effect all you are doing is substituting the tobacco craving and the idea is you reduce the strength down then eventually you no longer need them.

Yep that's the general idea anyway. I would say I was a heavy smoker 20 plus a day. I thinker I have cracked it and already feel like I don't need the e cig quite so much. Getting grief off stewards still gets on my tits though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yep that's the general idea anyway. I would say I was a heavy smoker 20 plus a day. I thinker I have cracked it and already feel like I don't need the e cig quite so much. Getting grief off stewards still gets on my tits though.

So how long do they last with re-fills etc ?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I don't smoke but have done a little bit of research into this for work (we were pitching to one of these companies). Smoko seem to come out well - no idea if they are any good have heard that they have a number of different "flavours" that roughly equate the the big brands eg Marlborough Light etc. Worth looking up? http://ismoko.com/

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've never had grief from a steward yet. But i use mine very discreetly and don't wave it about.

But also, mine looks nothing like a real cig.... I buy a 30ml bottle of oil a month and it lasts me a month, I re fill it every morning and the cartridge holds less than 3ml I think.

Sorry no trainers

Jan 23, 2013
there is a guy in ESU who hides in the bogs to 'smoke' his electronic fag.....thats about as nice as taking your beer in the bogs...is he scared of stewards? I guess they are still not allowed inside the AMEX?

yes im a non smoker

I was spotted on the CCTV at the match yesterday, and asked by a steward if I had an eciggy said yes and he said fine and sent me on my way.

Having smoked for 40years given up countless times, only to start again anything that does not harm me or anyone else must be good, the big silver refill type I use has an option of lots of nice flavours that smell better than say fatty pies which is from the steam people should encourage the use of these as an alternative for hardened smokers IMO

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
So how long do they last with re-fills etc ?

I know you can get disposable ones but I wouldn't bother. There are loads of different types of e cig. Check out website e cig reviews. Just google it. Has links to all the different websites and has discount codes. I purchased a high end one for 40 notes ish for the full kit. Ou can vary the voltage on it if you want more. Of a hit.

Basically you can buy refill cartridges or buy bottles of the juice and do it that way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here