Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Electronic Cigarette's

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
I'm looking to cut down / give up smoking but I know I wont have the will power to just give up so thought I would try out one of these. have seen plenty of them around and there are some on the net for a reasonable price but can anyone out there recommend one to me? I currently smoke rolling tobacco so would like one to have the same sort of taste, thats not to heavy and big. have seen some out there that are bloody huge and just look stupid

Any ideas?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I just randomly got a E-Lite one day to see what they were like (December 2) and haven't smoked since after a 34 year habit. This one isn't particularly brilliant but I'm happy with it. And I wasn't looking to stop smoking, so I'm happy I did it.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
My mate who was a chain smoker got one and kicked the habit, very surprisingly as I think he'd tried everything else. I realize that doesn't help you much with choosing but I'd definitely urge you to get one.

Oct 25, 2003
there's a shop on elm grove, the bloke in there is very helpful

got one just before christmas and cut down between then and new year, since then i haven't touched a fag

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Started using the "lifestyle" one on Monday this week. Bearing in mind I have (had) a 20-a-day Marlboro habit and have been smoking for over 30 years, I'm pretty impressed I've had not had a fag since. Saying that, as [MENTION=23005]GreersElbow[/MENTION] said, they have loads of nicotine, so the cravings don't go, I'm just not getting all the nasty poisons from fags.

Oh, and check out Groupon - I got my £65 electronic fag for a fiver :thumbsup:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Girlfriend switched to one for about a month. It ends up just not being as good as a normal cigarette so she started smoking again.

My advice, if you want to quit. Just quit. Flat out stop, otherwise, you'll always be wanting a fag.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
e-cigs are so pretentious , patches are a better way to go to if you want to stop smoking.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
A few guys at work have been using them for a little while, they started off with the ones that looked like cigarettes but more recently a couple of them have bought those massive silver ones that look like whistles.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
If your dead serious about giving up then Champix may be the way to go. Im sure these ecigs have an advantage but could not see the point myself as they still contain nicotine. I used Champix and havent smoked a rolly for 7 months. Well worth it in my opinion

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
A few guys at work have been using them for a little while, they started off with the ones that looked like cigarettes but more recently a couple of them have bought those massive silver ones that look like whistles.

Same as, do you work for the NHS by any chance?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Same as, do you work for the NHS by any chance?

No I work for a small software company. We seem to have more than our fair share of smokers (I don't smoke BTW).

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
No I work for a small software company. We seem to have more than our fair share of smokers (I don't smoke BTW).

Ahh ok... I see them alot where i work in the NHS, my college is responsible for supplying them. Set his own website up and doing very well for his self.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Will power is the be all and end all of quitting.
You have not been charged for this information.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
there is a guy in ESU who hides in the bogs to 'smoke' his electronic fag.....thats about as nice as taking your beer in the bogs...is he scared of stewards? I guess they are still not allowed inside the AMEX?

yes im a non smoker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here