Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Electric multi plugs.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Forego another trip to Vegas and get a SPARKS in---about the same price, but you will have to clear up after him as they have no idea what a dustpan/brush looks like:moo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Forego another trip to Vegas and get a SPARKS in---about the same price, but you will have to clear up after him as they have no idea what a dustpan/brush looks like:moo:

If nobody can come up with a reasonable suggestion it may mean 1 less short break in Spain next year.

I expected somebody to say the reason for that is....... do that or buy that and all will be well.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The same charger it is an oldish one. If you have an amount of electric going in to 2 sockets then add 2 more less can go to the original 2 sockets or does that not work with electric as it drags more from the supplier. I have no idea I just plug an appliance in use it and then pay the bill.

Each socket will have 220v AC across the live/neutral. Doesn't matter whether you have 1 or 20. Each device you plug in will draw as much current as it needs (A phone charger draws about 0.01 amps).

I'd suggest the charger is faulty - probably the cable.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
If nobody can come up with a reasonable suggestion it may mean 1 less short break in Spain next year.

I expected somebody to say the reason for that is....... do that or buy that and all will be well.

I can't believe nobody has suggested turning it off/on :moo:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Little known fact - If you put your phone on top of your head whilst charging it charges it a lot faster. It should take no longer than half hour using this method but be sure not to remove it half way through the charge, just get a friend or family member to check if it's done for you.

If I am in by myself I use two mirrors to check progress.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If you're concerned about safety then get the fire service to come out and check your property.

They'll check/replace any smoke alarms and also look at how your plugs etc are set up and let you know if they are safe or not (and give advice on what to replace).

I don't know about Brighton but in Sheffield this service is completely free.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If you're concerned about safety then get the fire service to come out and check your property.

They'll check/replace any smoke alarms and also look at how your plugs etc are set up and let you know if they are safe or not (and give advice on what to replace).

I don't know about Brighton but in Sheffield this service is completely free.

Not offered in Croydon

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Each socket will have 220v AC across the live/neutral. Doesn't matter whether you have 1 or 20. Each device you plug in will draw as much current as it needs (A phone charger draws about 0.01 amps).

I'd suggest the charger is faulty - probably the cable.

thought that but the same charger which took 7 hours to charge 17% in my wifes I phone when put it on in the bedroom with the same charger it took 45 mins to charge the remaining 83 % which is what I couldnt understand.

The obvious answer is we will charge the phones in the spare socket in the bedroom but I am intrigued as to why this should happen.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
thought that but the same charger which took 7 hours to charge 17% in my wifes I phone when put it on in the bedroom with the same charger it took 45 mins to charge the remaining 83 % which is what I couldnt understand.

The obvious answer is we will charge the phones in the spare socket in the bedroom but I am intrigued as to why this should happen.

she obviously uses the phone more during here last 17% of use, that's why that bit takes longer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
she obviously uses the phone more during here last 17% of use, that's why that bit takes longer.

Are you saying if she uses the phone when it is low on battery it will take longer to recharge. I always thought that the best way to use it was to run the phone right down then recharge rather than charge when it is 25% charged. I thought that this preserved the battery life.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
'I also have another one near my armchair'

BG's electric chair :eek:

88643dd2d878a7bc9df3951feb56852d.jpg

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

I'm very sorry to hear that, let me know if it comes to that and I'll get a Kickstarter or Go Fund Me campaign going as I'm sure NSC as a collective will not want you to miss out on another short break to Spain.

Have you ever thought the tower of power may be faulty, it's not rocket science and would have been the first thing I checked. If the phone charges normally on the other tower then it certainly points to that. I certainly don't know why anyone would need 10 power sockets next to their chair though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We have an electric 10 point tower near our tv to take tv dvd etc running off of a socket of which only 5 are used. I also have another one near my armchair to charge phones laptop tablet etc running off of another socket but on the same ring main as the other. We have noticed that charging a phone takes 3 times as long using my tower than putting the charger into a socket in the bedroom. Why should this be as the towers dont have less electric? It would be slightly inconvenient to use just 1 tower due to lengths of leads to various appliances and where they are situated.

V=iR

You have too much series connection (series reststance). Use parallel

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
O-level physics had something about circuits in series or in parallel, but I have no idea what that means (it was a long time ago).

PS if you rub a balloon on your sleeve your hair explodes - this may not be relevant. :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here