Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Election Debate, Climate Change, Channel 4, TONIGHT 7pm

Should Boris be taking part in tonights debate?

• Yes

Votes: 38 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abc

Jan 6, 2007
The gift that keeps on giving this.

This is a brolly Steve McLaren sized mishap.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

But is it?

Most people don't take a lot of notice of Channel 4 and many will see this as part of 'Boris The Character'. Those that care about this have probably already decided not to vote for him

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Swinson - "Brexit is a climate crime"..

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
couldn't care less what a single issue MEP from a minor party, that isn't even standing as an MP, thinks about the environment

but Johnson is an utter, utter, coward. He's supposed to be the leader of a major economy for crying out loud

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Running from scrutiny on such a subject will win him loads of youngsters votes or maybe just reinforce their opinion of him

The Tories are not targeting the youth vote so they just don’t care.

Rather, they are after ‘leave’ Baby-Boomer Labour voters like yourself. The polls are indicating that they’ll hoover up the northern ones by the hundreds of thousands with little more than a strap-line saying ‘Let’s get Brexit done’. And as for Jezza, above all else, Corbyn will be remembered as losing to ‘Boris The Liar’ (the Country’s worst ever Prime Minister).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think it's fairly obvious that in a debate that even the most challenged of individuals would struggle to deny is important, Johnson and Farage would contribute about as much as the SEGW would in the North Stand Concourse Post Match Analysis :facepalm:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Corbyn mentions the cluster f**k of UK recycling systems, need to be addressed

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Jezza admits he is the last to put the heating on and a bit miserable, who'd have thunk it?

Capture.JPG

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Govie told to go home...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Jezza's trees :lolol::lolol:

Parliament changed the Climate Change Act (2008) back in June to commit to net zero carbon emissions by 2050 and The CCC have said 1.5 billion trees will need to be planted to achieve this, among other things. What's so amusing then about Corbyn stating an aim of planting 2 billion trees in the next 20 years, rather than the next 30 as recommended by the CCC?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Parliament changed the Climate Change Act (2008) back in June to commit to net zero carbon emissions by 2050 and The CCC have said 1.5 billion trees will need to be planted to achieve this, among other things. What's so amusing then about Corbyn stating an aim of planting 2 billion trees in the next 20 years, rather than the next 30 as recommended by the CCC?

I take it you didn't listen to that learned lady at the climax then?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

I don't particularly find it amusing; just that JC might just be trying to out-do everyone for a few cheap votes. I don't doubt that he is concerned about climate change, but first and foremost he is a politician desperate to win popularity.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Important to remember who flogged off the Green Investment Bank to McQuarie for £2.3B at the first opportunity. Wonder who?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I take it you didn't listen to that learned lady at the climax then?

What did she say that was amusing then?

I don't particularly find it amusing; just that JC might just be trying to out-do everyone for a few cheap votes. I don't doubt that he is concerned about climate change, but first and foremost he is a politician desperate to win popularity.

The Woodland Trust have said the target of 1.5 Billion needs to be greater to offset losses of existing trees.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here