[Albion] El Gatwicko

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eastgull

Aug 16, 2017
‘El Gatwicko’, that’s some blue sky thinking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It doesn't. The media think they can make one up.

Yeah, like storms have got to have names now. (Haven't we just had Storm Hoohay or something? I think I heard that name on the news. Following on immediately from Storm Dennis? Struggling to keep up).

Anyway, if Palace fans wants to call it a stupid name then fine. I suppose some Brighton fans will want to copy it (like we did their nickname), but hopefully the self-respecting ones won't.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've hear it sometimes referred to as 'Brighton v Palace'. Other times even 'Palace v Brighton' :moo:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
People who continually think it’s cool to invent new names and words, particularly by amalgamating two together, are known as ‘Funts’

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
'El Gatwicko' was how BT bigged it up on their coverage on Saturday..................................

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
No because that's really shit. It doesn't need a name and is a rivalry not a derby anyway. If someone in the media needs to name it I'd hope they can do better, plus we as fans don't need to adopt it unless it's actually good.

They love to give us multiple South Coast Derbies as well which we really couldn't give a shit about and aren't even a thing (unless it's portsmouth and then only a minor shit). palarse are at least a thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports