Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] El Capitan is back

el punal

The Argus seems to be part of Newsquest, a network of regional news outlets around the country. They all seem to have similar / identical websites so would wager it's one web design team doing the lot. On the cheap. Because they're all spectacularly shit.

These all look startlingly familiar:
https://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/
https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/
https://www.southendstandard.co.uk/

I wonder if they have an in-house team or if they outsource that bit. A halfway competent web development team could come up with something better than what's currently on offer and, presumably, do it profitably if they went for it.

On topic - Hell yeah this is awesome news. So glad we've still got Bruno.

You’re right, the Argus is part of Newsquest. Down here in Southampton the local rag is the Daily Wacko - sorry, Echo. Some of the stuff they print is unbelievably trite. I suppose what is common in all the the Newsquest papers is the classic photo pose of “hard done by” locals, complaining about something trivial, complete with glum faces and arms folded. :yawn:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Excellent.

Now get that bloody mural back up!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
That is such good news! A brilliant move for us and I hope for Bruno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There's always one (and it might as well be me) ...

Yes it IS great news, but how long can we keep on giving 'jobs for the boys'? That's Sidwell, Rosenior and now Bruno that we've found backroom jobs for. Don't get me wrong, I've cheered the appointment of all three; but are we going to find a role for Murray when he retires? And welcome Calde back? And how do we know Bruno (or indeed any of them) are going to be any good in their new roles?

I would imagine it's a bit more than 'jobs for the boys'. Tony doesn't seem the type of person to give someone a role out of sympathy, regardless of what they've done on the pitch as a player. Whoever has been given a role has no doubt done it on merit. By getting in players who know the club, you're dealing with a known quantity and also someone who is likely to command more respect among those he/she is working with. The three you mention all have that kind of respect for what they've done and clearly have something to offer.

To me, this is part of Tony's plans to increase the profile and supply line from the academy (which was, I'm almost convinced, part of the reason that CH got the boot). Young players coming through can look up to Bruno (and the others) and see what they've achieved, ask them questions and find out how to get on and eventually into the first team. It would be a different situation if you'd appointed someone that had no connection with the club, as they wouldn't have the same inside knowledge...

Maybe Bruno WON'T be good at the job, in which case, they'll be a parting of the ways and he'll go off and do something else :shrug: However, you just KNOW that whatever he does, he will give it 100% and demand 100% back from the people he's working with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here