Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-abd

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
My big concern prior to last nights game was how well Adam would play following Virgs 4 match ban . The fact that he has not been mentioned hopefully means he had a solid game and had taken up where he left off before injury . Wasn't able to make the game so how did he get on ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He had a very good game and only once can I recall him backing off and backing off and backing off...

Deserves to keep his place most definitely.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He did well, got outpaced a few times by Charltons striker who was quite quick by all accounts but overall he was very good.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Say it very quietly, maybe even whisper it, but last night El-Abd showed that he really is a very good centre-half.

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
Did he??!!

The one thing that worried me yesterday was the couple of times we were caught out by the long ball, and this for me was becasue El Abd is not good enough in the air to be a lower league center back.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Did he??!!

The one thing that worried me yesterday was the couple of times we were caught out by the long ball, and this for me was becasue El Abd is not good enough in the air to be a lower league center back.

I don't think that was anything to do with his height, more his pace, but I don't think there are many centre halves who are as fast as strikers.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Thought he played well and seems to organise the defence pretty well too. He might get caught out on height occasionally though.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
He played well, but as been mention before he is too short, and gets beaten to too many headers. He missed the VITAl one against Leeds which lead to their goal too.

He also has the our centre back disease where he tries 70 yard Hollywood passes to the shortest player on the pitch, Bennett. My favourite moment was when Kazenga ran the ball down to thir corner flag, got his cross blocked. The ball was cleared to El Abd, who then tried a pass (despite LOADS of options) to Kazenga who was at least 20 yards offside.

But fair play, he did well, but I think the height maybe an issue

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Personally think it is El-Abds best position.

Partnered with Tommy, who is very dominant in the air, I think he fits in very well.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He played well, but as been mention before he is too short, and gets beaten to too many headers. He missed the VITAl one against Leeds which lead to their goal too.

He also has the our centre back disease where he tries 70 yard Hollywood passes to the shortest player on the pitch, Bennett. My favourite moment was when Kazenga ran the ball down to thir corner flag, got his cross blocked. The ball was cleared to El Abd, who then tried a pass (despite LOADS of options) to Kazenga who was at least 20 yards offside.

But fair play, he did well, but I think the height maybe an issue

Equal shortest. :thumbsup:

With Hart and Crofts.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Did really well last night and made one goal saving tackle on Mooney. However, he does have this tendancy to back off and back off.... Also, I can't count the number of times I've shouted 'DON'T LET THE BALL BOUNCE' at him - even during his alleged 'form' period!

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
He will only get better with a run in the team aswell.. height not a problem. He's strong and still very good in the air.

Big Ernie McCracken

Mar 9, 2009
when you take into account the fact that he has just comeback from a 6 week layoff and before that had played leftback it does give credence to Poyets comments that he is a very good intelligent footballer

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I thought that Charlton targeted him at the start of the second half, when they began playing 'lump it up to the big fella'. El-Abd was outmuscled once or twice at that point, and they nearly scored on one of those occasions.

Then the threat seemed to go away. Not sure why - might well have been because AE-A wised up.

He made a few timely headers away, as well.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He played well enough last night. But his problem has always been the same: that he'll have five or six good games and then make a monumental game-losing cock up.

It's all well & good to say he's getting better but he has never looked shit per se, and frankly he's too old to be allowed excuses for cocking up any more. And he still has a terrible habit of backing off strikers until they get to our penalty box.

But he'll do while Virgo is out (law of averages suggests his next faux pas won't be until Virgo's ban is over).

Been one of our top performers all season.
One of the best all round footballers at the club.
He is an intelligent player and performs to a good level whenever and where ever he plays.

Whew!
That's what I have been telling people on here for years, but still they want to snipe at him. :facepalm:

Solid player, brave where studs are flying in and committed to the Stripes.
He's an excellent midfielder too, and if he would develop a more commanding presence towards the other players he'd be a captain of stature.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Been one of our top performers all season.
One of the best all round footballers at the club.
He is an intelligent player and performs to a good level whenever and where ever he plays.
Welcome to NSC Adam:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here