Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El abd! To bloody risky!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
As others have said, I have been very pleasantly surprised with El-Abd. When he had a moan at the crowd at the Withdean a few years back he made himself unpopular with some fans. He also didn't seem tall enough, fast enough or skillful enough for the Championship. I think enormous credit to him for improving his game and his manner to fit in with Gus' style when he probably has been told 'get rid of it quick' by every previous manager ever.

Every time he gets someone booked or sent off it helps win us points. He doesn't seem to get in trouble as much as he used to either. Plus it is good to have a local lad in the team- it shows other local lads that it is possible.

Good luck to him.

Spot on

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
As another poster pointed out - the Arsenal Forum (the Gooner) was very complimentary about our Egyptian International. AEA is THE home grown success story of the Gus era.

Same on Arsenal mania.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
He is a wind up merchant...pat on the head, chat all the game, saw it against billy sharp, ameobi, and he tied it with giroud yesterday but he was having none of it. i do like el abd and it is entertaining to watch, but last few games has shown up that in the area he is good, but just not good enough. Outpaced vs Watford, penalty against Blackburn, and yesterday a few times just showed he is not good enough for our ambition of getting to PL...like i said, nice guy, good player, has served his purpose, but all of a sudden centre back looks like a area we need to strengthen in...

Sadly I have to agree despite the fact that overall he had a reasonable game yesterday (certainly not MOM)

Although it has been recognised for some time that we cannot truly progress without reinforcement at centre back, the injury to GG and the absence of 'another' yesterday, highlighted the lack of height, weight and mobility in our squad.

May well have cost us the game yesterday ?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Is it just me or do other people find themselves bitting there nails whilst watching el abd.
If Hes not trying to break someone's legs he's trying to wrestle them to the floor!
He is a good player he just needs to calm the feck down!

Yes, it's you, overthetop and wrong

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He's a wind up merchant because that unsettles most strikers. He does it because he probably is instructed to do it. He's also good at it because how often has he been sent off. It worked a treat against Portsmouth a few years ago when Kitson was sent off and the rest of his team lost the plot. You don't see AEA losing his temper. Watch match of the day and see a host of premiership players at it, many of whom have played internationally. Jamie Carragher springs to mind.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
He is a wind up merchant...pat on the head, chat all the game, saw it against billy sharp, ameobi, and he tied it with giroud yesterday but he was having none of it. i do like el abd and it is entertaining to watch, but last few games has shown up that in the area he is good, but just not good enough. Outpaced vs Watford, penalty against Blackburn, and yesterday a few times just showed he is not good enough for our ambition of getting to PL...like i said, nice guy, good player, has served his purpose, but all of a sudden centre back looks like a area we need to strengthen in...

I have to say I agree, I like him but he is past his best now.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
All teams unfortunately have defenders who continually grab,pull and swing opponents off their feet,refs have failed to stop this practise which is spoiling football,El-Abd is so blatant and its only a question of time before he picks up red cards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here