Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El abd! To bloody risky!

AJBHA

Jan 27, 2013
London
Is it just me or do other people find themselves bitting there nails whilst watching el abd.
If Hes not trying to break someone's legs he's trying to wrestle them to the floor!
He is a good player he just needs to calm the feck down!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Is it just me or do other people find themselves bitting there nails whilst watching el abd.
If Hes not trying to break someone's legs he's trying to wrestle them to the floor!

Yeah, I'm sick of all the penalties he gives away and all the yellow and red cards he accumulates.

:jester:

But I don't like the cynical side of the game either.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I can honestly say I've never seen him "trying to break someone's legs"... I do think he needs to tone down the histrionics a tad though and let go of people's shirts. Overall though, I think he's been doing pretty well for a player a lot had written off as League Two a couple of seasons ago!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Deffo, that pin point tackle, in his own area, against International multi million pound valued, Rosicky (I think), that was a masterclass in defending, was insulting.

The guys a clown.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
I dont like his "gamesmanship" and the wrestling at corners, but I suppose all sides have them... and he's ours.
I must admit, I spent much of the first half yesterday worrying about how he was going to cope with Podolski and Giroud.... however, he was brilliant! Possibly the best performance from him this season. (I dont think you can fault him for the winner - it hit him, rather than him heading it.)

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Every team needs a tough tackling wind-up merchant. I thought he steped into Greers shoes quite well to lead the back 4 yesterday. Fully deserving of motm.

AJBHA

Jan 27, 2013
London

This shows him not at his finest!
I don't want to state I don't not dis like this man by any means! He just needs to behave!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I loved how it took him 30 seconds to get a reaction from Giroud! :lolol:

He was immense yesterday. I just wish he had more pace. Strong in the air and on the ground.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
He is a wind up merchant...pat on the head, chat all the game, saw it against billy sharp, ameobi, and he tied it with giroud yesterday but he was having none of it. i do like el abd and it is entertaining to watch, but last few games has shown up that in the area he is good, but just not good enough. Outpaced vs Watford, penalty against Blackburn, and yesterday a few times just showed he is not good enough for our ambition of getting to PL...like i said, nice guy, good player, has served his purpose, but all of a sudden centre back looks like a area we need to strengthen in...

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Deffo, that pin point tackle, in his own area, against International multi million pound valued, Rosicky (I think), that was a masterclass in defending, was insulting.

The guys a clown.

Don't be silly Mr Statto, he mis timed it which is the only reason he won the ball.

D

Deleted member 2719

Yep it is just you.

I think you need to take back the remark about him trying to break someone's leg, that highly inaccurate and i have never seen this from him ever.

I suspect that your are a gooner or palace fan that doesn't like a competitive tackle.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If El Abd had serious pace then for all his so called "stupidity" he would be the perfect defender...

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

The guys a clown.

Which lead to our 2nd goal.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
As another poster pointed out - the Arsenal Forum (the Gooner) was very complimentary about our Egyptian International. AEA is THE home grown success story of the Gus era.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I love the guy, I was one of the people who wrote him off as being a lower league player. But Gus/Tanno/Charlie have knocked him into shape and made him immense. Every team needs a right pain in the arse in the box and Adam is ours.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
As others have said, I have been very pleasantly surprised with El-Abd. When he had a moan at the crowd at the Withdean a few years back he made himself unpopular with some fans. He also didn't seem tall enough, fast enough or skillful enough for the Championship. I think enormous credit to him for improving his game and his manner to fit in with Gus' style when he probably has been told 'get rid of it quick' by every previous manager ever.

Every time he gets someone booked or sent off it helps win us points. He doesn't seem to get in trouble as much as he used to either. Plus it is good to have a local lad in the team- it shows other local lads that it is possible.

Good luck to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here