El-Abd is urged to sign Albion deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
:thud:

Over and out. BigGully, life really is too short. I think you know you're talking bollocks, but you've gone on too long now to back down from your ludicrous assertions.

Thank christ you are not in charge of finance at the Albion.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
:thud:

Over and out. BigGully, life really is too short. I think you know you're talking bollocks, but you've gone on too long now to back down from your ludicrous assertions.

Thank christ you are not in charge of finance at the Albion.

Yep see you later, I am outta here too.

By the way if I was considerably wealthy there would be every chance I would be in charge of finance at the Albion, that is the only qualification that counts at present I'm afraid !!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Post script...

Taking into account your madcap views on how to run a football club, you certainly wouldn't remain wealthy for very long.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Where does this annual loss figure of £2mill come from? I have a copy of the accounts and I can't find it.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Where does this annual loss figure of £2mill come from? I have a copy of the accounts and I can't find it.

I was told that we are currently running at a loss of that figure, but if you would like to correct me thats fine.

Either way as it stands no real budgets or wage structures other than the desires of DK, Bloom etc.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I was told that we are currently running at a loss of that figure, but if you would like to correct me thats fine.

Either way as it stands no real budgets or wage structures other than the desires of DK, Bloom etc.

That is no different to any other club in the country. Every club (except Leeds :p) has a budget which is decided upon by its chairman and board of directors which will take into account their current financial stability.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
That is no different to any other club in the country. Every club (except Leeds :p) has a budget which is decided upon by its chairman and board of directors which will take into account their current financial stability.

Not sure about that,

I would suspect that we are so reliant on only one or two individuals that we are a far more autocratic club than most, I actually think those people have been brilliant and have only been good for us.

But with such a financial reliance on those wealthy supporters rather than financial institutions such as banks, means that budgets are less rigid and effected wholly by those individuals and their own view at any particular time.

I am not sure whether you accept that we are a club that has been running at a considerable loss for many years and have wealthy benefactors bankrolling us ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Not sure about that,

I would suspect that we are so reliant on only one or two individuals that we are a far more autocratic club than most, I actually think those people have been brilliant and have only been good for us.

But with such a financial reliance on those wealthy supporters rather than financial institutions such as banks, means that budgets are less rigid and effected wholly by those individuals and their own view at any particular time.

I am not sure whether you accept that we are a club that has been running at a considerable loss for many years and have wealthy benefactors bankrolling us ?

I fully accept that we've been running at a loss for many years and are reliant on the board for the money they've put in. I'd also suggest that the fact we are reliant on those people who are putting money in is a reason for us to be a lot more rigid with our playing budget than you seem to think.

These people are not bottomless pits of money. We don;t have anyone with any real fortune they can afford to lose and make the club a plaything. They know that if they break the wage budgets wide open they run the risk of losing not only the money they've put in (although I doubt any of them expect to see it again) but also anything they are liable to as a director of the club and most importantly the club they clearly love.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Evidence?
I'd give up if I were you, Alex.

BigGully has no idea as to the financial situation of the club. He has no idea as to the financial plans and targets, budgets or forecasts. He clearly has no idea about what it takes to run a business.

If he did, he would realise that apart from wealthy individuals, we have institutional creditors who rely on a bit more than a promise from someone to cover any debts of a company. Bank managers will insist on seeing cashflows, budgets, targets and suchlike before they agree overdraft figures. Without them the club could run up debts in excess of the net worth of the directors and any guarantees would become meaningless.

In fact, where companies (any company) is beholden on individuals to underwrite a business, the banks and other lenders will absolutely insist on careful financial management incl. regular reporting against budgets and forecasts; short, medium and long term business plans and none of this is possible without wage structures and budgets.

DK has made it clear that we have a rigid wage structure that we cannot break. We then offer a range of salaries depending on the value placed on that player.
Elphick was on less money when he went pro than now because quite clearly a valuable asset that is appreciating in value. Savage demanded to be made the highest paid player despite the fact that he was not the most highly valued. DK offered a competitive salary based on the club's valuation and Bas refused. It's notable that Bas has not been snapped up by any big clubs on a deal approaching Albion's offer (contract longevitiy that is). Bas had a higher opinion of himself than the rest of the world. A hard lesson to learn but there you go.

This surely proves DK was right to hold out. Bas has been replaced by a better player, a better prospect and one who won't disrupt the rest of the team with unreasonable wage demands.

BigGully. Please. For the love of God. Give this debate up. It's yet another one where you have been shown to have a half-baked idea, wide of the mark and have jumped to the wrong conclusions with it.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Blimey :eek: :eek:

EIGHTY-THREE posts?!!

Attachments

• NSCgrab.jpg
    NSCgrab.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 117

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I'd give up if I were you, Alex.

BigGully has no idea as to the financial situation of the club. He has no idea as to the financial plans and targets, budgets or forecasts. He clearly has no idea about what it takes to run a business.

If he did, he would realise that apart from wealthy individuals, we have institutional creditors who rely on a bit more than a promise from someone to cover any debts of a company. Bank managers will insist on seeing cashflows, budgets, targets and suchlike before they agree overdraft figures. Without them the club could run up debts in excess of the net worth of the directors and any guarantees would become meaningless.

In fact, where companies (any company) is beholden on individuals to underwrite a business, the banks and other lenders will absolutely insist on careful financial management incl. regular reporting against budgets and forecasts; short, medium and long term business plans and none of this is possible without wage structures and budgets.

DK has made it clear that we have a rigid wage structure that we cannot break. We then offer a range of salaries depending on the value placed on that player.
Elphick was on less money when he went pro than now because quite clearly a valuable asset that is appreciating in value. Savage demanded to be made the highest paid player despite the fact that he was not the most highly valued. DK offered a competitive salary based on the club's valuation and Bas refused. It's notable that Bas has not been snapped up by any big clubs on a deal approaching Albion's offer (contract longevitiy that is). Bas had a higher opinion of himself than the rest of the world. A hard lesson to learn but there you go.

This surely proves DK was right to hold out. Bas has been replaced by a better player, a better prospect and one who won't disrupt the rest of the team with unreasonable wage demands.

BigGully. Please. For the love of God. Give this debate up. It's yet another one where you have been shown to have a half-baked idea, wide of the mark and have jumped to the wrong conclusions with it.

Lets get one thing straight you and Alex talk about Budgets, Wage Structures and Solvency all very well if your doing a dissetation at Uni, but this isnt the world that BHA lives in.

We live in a deep darkest debt and thankfully get help from wealthy benefactors to keep us afloat all of these years.

Alex says you cant be still trading and insolvent coz thats the law, well I have news for you, buckets loads of business continue to trade when they are not 'really' solvent.

Give me the dates when Bournemouth and Luton went into administration and then try and tell me that their business weren't 'insolvent' a day, a month, 6 months a year before the date you might give me.

You remind me of one of those over zealous referees we all hate, you know the ones where you know the rules but dont understand the game.

Are you saying that Luton and Bournemouth didnt have budgets and wage structures in place to offer to their backers before going down the tubes

Course they did but it was irrelevant because the banks knew whatever they offered in their business plans they hadnt shown any real profit in recent times and probably their own cash flow was unbearable and the banks and other creditors cashed in their chips.

But above all the critical bit was they didnt have any wealthy benefactors at that stage offereing cash or guarantees to those creditors.

Our club hasnt made a profit in recent history, so you could throw in depth business plans, projections, with promised profits till the cows come home, but we wouldnt be touched with a barge pole by any banks unless we offered guarantees on any borrowing.

We remain being bankrolled no matter how you wrap it up.

But the discussion point here is that some here say that DK public contract disputes were due to a strict wage structure within our club.

How can it be ?

The money he offered Hammond and the money that both O'Callaghan and Savaged demanded was spent anyway.

On new players some weeks later.

There was no financial net gain for the club and therefore any wage structure that he wouldnt break in December was either broken anyway or changed during the January transfer window.

DK decided who should stay at this club based not one jot on financial considerations of the club, but on his own personal view who might be worth the money available.

DK would be right to dictate what monies would be available but then the manager Wilkins should be entrusted how and with whom that money should be spent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports