El-Abd is urged to sign Albion deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Your kidding ......

Which bit is solvent... ??

Your kidding me, I really really dont wanna spook you ... !!!

Alex Dawson Is Right. BHAFC Is Trading As A Solvent Company.

You Appear To Be As Knowledgeable About The Insolvency And Companies Acts As You Do About Everything Else You Post On Here.

I Suggest You Go Away And Read About What An Insolvent Company Is, The Laws Pertaining To That State Of Affairs For The Directors Of The Insolvent Company And Then Come Back And Post An Apology.

You Appear To Be As Knowledgeable About The Insolvency And Companies Acts As You Do About Everything Else You Post On Here.

I Suggest You Go Away And Read About What An Insolvent Company Is, The Laws Pertaining To That State Of Affairs For The Directors Of The Insolvent Company And Then Come Back And Post An Apology.

You lost some cred there Bars. ???

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

We are technically solvent, because we are able to plug 'debt' with the directors money, but even you must be aware we are running at loss.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO Big Gully used the wrong words we are not insolvent due to support from wealthy fans but are getting deeper and deeper in debt. However, as MP has said on many occassions, in the past,as soon as the tendering and grants etc have been sorted out for Falmer a new company will be formed and will then repay the football club most of the expenses that they have incurred in legal costs etc. So when that happens we will no longer be losing money.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
IMHO Big Gully used the wrong words we are not insolvent due to support from wealthy fans but are getting deeper and deeper in debt. However, as MP has said on many occassions, in the past,as soon as the tendering and grants etc have been sorted out for Falmer a new company will be formed and will then repay the football club most of the expenses that they have incurred in legal costs etc. So when that happens we will no longer be losing money.

The company is already formed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We are technically solvent, because we are able to plug 'debt' with the directors money, but even you must be aware we are running at loss.

Point me towards a third division football club playing at a rented athletics track that is raking in a profit then, genius.

YES we are relying on Directors plugging gaps, which they are doing, have been doing, and keeping the club afloat. What you ALSO want them to do is bend over and take it up the ringer from the likes of Savage and Hammond when those directors don't open their wallets quite wide enough for their agents liking.

Hang on, I think I've sussed it.
You are Peter Ridsdale, right ? Or at least you must be related.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Point me towards a third division football club playing at a rented athletics track that is raking in a profit then, genius.

YES we are relying on Directors plugging gaps, which they are doing, have been doing, and keeping the club afloat. What you ALSO want them to do is bend over and take it up the ringer from the likes of Savage and Hammond when those directors don't open their wallets quite wide enough for their agents liking.

Hang on, I think I've sussed it.
You are Peter Ridsdale, right ? Or at least you must be related.

I think it was you that announced with some 'chest thumping' that our club would not tolerate greedy agents, greedy players so that we can remain 'solvent' !!

That is a strange assessment .....

I was pointing out that the club ( with our 3rd division playing at a rented athletics track ) isnt really solvent in the context that was being discussed.

Thankfully we have wealthy benefactors that can keep us competitive within this league.

We then paid £300,000 and favourable terms on one player and brought in others and sold Hammond and Revell after blurting out his promise to bring in 5 new player within the transfer window !!

It was bizaare ....

The comparisons on financial committments prior and after the January transfer window is likely to be negligible.

Therefore the club would not of been shafted in either scenario and ultimately Wilkins should of been given support from DK in securing the players that HE wanted rather than the players the Chairman wanted.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think it was you that announced with some 'chest thumping' that our club would not tolerate greedy agents, greedy players so that we can remain 'solvent' !!

That is a strange assessment .....

I was pointing out that the club ( with our 3rd division playing at a rented athletics track ) isnt really solvent in the context that was being discussed.

Thankfully we have wealthy benefactors that can keep us competitive within this league.

We then paid £300,000 and favourable terms on one player and brought in others and sold Hammond and Revell after blurting out his promise to bring in 5 new player within the transfer window !!

It was bizaare ....

The comparisons on financial committments prior and after the January transfer window is likely to be negligible.

Therefore the club would not of been shafted in either scenario and ultimately Wilkins should of been given support from DK in securing the players that HE wanted rather than the players the Chairman wanted.

Just for the sake of those of us following this argument from the sides....can you re-phrase all this. I didn't follow a word of it.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
BG there was never a promise to bring 5 players in.

The exact phrase was were were chasing and talking to 5 players that we HOPED we would get to sign

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
So going back to the thread title...is he going to sign his new contract or sign for Motherwell

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG there was never a promise to bring 5 players in.

The exact phrase was were were chasing and talking to 5 players that we HOPED we would get to sign

That is correct and Richards extending his loan was one of those so effectively 4 NEW players and we have brought in Thomson, Murray Racon extended Richards loan so 4 out of 5 aint bad.

Sorry forgot Dixon 5 out of 5

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
That is correct and Richards extending his loan was one of those so effectively 4 NEW players and we have brought in Thomson, Murray Racon extended Richards loan so 4 out of 5 aint bad.

Sorry forgot Dixon 5 out of 5

Would like to see Richards and Racon sign during the summer

Westlake as well if we could get him

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
McFaul is another. I think we beat a few clubs to his signature, but it appears to be an 'extended trial'. Whether he will get another contract at the end of the season, remains to be seen.

A business is either solvent or it's not - end of. There can't be a 'qualified' solvency.
An operating loss is completely different and is normally sustained by raising further finance if there are insufficient funds already in the business - eg overdrafts, loans, capital from shareholders/owners (as RBS is proposing), sale of assets, gifts.
Should a company not be able repay any loans when they become due (assuming they ever do) then it may well be insolvent (= unable to pay it's debts).

BHA is solvent (as you clearly knew when you posted the initial libel) - get a copy of the last annual accounts from Companies House.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports