Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd is urged to sign Albion deal

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Was Dick Knights "brinkmanship" with Hammond successful ? Depends what you'd term success I suppose. Hammond didn't sign, but the wage structure remained intact, and the message was clearly made that the club will not be dictated to by players and agents demands. And hey - we always seem to remain solvent doing things that way, which is always a bonus.

So yes, in those terms (and having extracted a decent wedge from Colchester), I'd say overall it was successful.

This is correct.[/QUOTE]

Wage structure...your having a laugh ...... and playing budgets and solvent .... do me a favour ....how do you gleen that out of a trading loss of £2m year.

DK decides what players come in and go on his personal views financed by benefactors primarily Tony Bloom, God Bless Him.

Somehow Wilkins seems to succeed with the mess he is served and I bet he is tired of this rubbish.

'Not dictated by players and agents demands' ....... wow someone better tell Rochdale, Glenn Murray and his agent just how tough we are because they are still in shock at the ease we handed over such a transfer fee and favourable terms to them and their client, whilst DK handed out a quite shameful character assination to our captain Dean Hammond.

Jeeeeeez, come on.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I don't believe it - BigGully has dragged DTG into la la land now :lolol:

Watfordzero ..... your more than welcome to join in and put a view and why you feel that way ..... but is that asking a wee but too much.

Greedy Agents and Players - We pay £300,000 for Murray and pay wages which make him one of the highest earners within club .... any contridiction ?

DK quoted in the paper about Al-Ebd contract during the negotiations .... some think it was irrelevant, some dont ... your view ?

Budgets, Solvent, Wage Structure your view - thats enough to be going on for now.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
:bigwave:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Dick shouldn't shoot his mouth off in the press DURING negotiations... of course, the DK arse-lickers can't see this.. their respective heads are too far up his backside...

That maybe true .......

What I cant understand is that most on here seem to be either anti DK or pro DK and no middle ground.

As DK has got us this close to Falmer and a brilliant stadium, it can be seen a disloyal or rabble rousing to offer an opposite view on his other actions around the club.

You may of guessed that I have total conviction that he is unhelpful in players negotiations and his public comments on the personal performances of team or individual players is not helpful.

Some will shout that he has every right to say what he thinks, but you gotta realise that it can have a negative impact within the playing staff and therefore results.

And that is what I really care about.

Watfordzero ..... your more than welcome to join in and put a view and why you feel that way ..... but is that asking a wee but too much.

Greedy Agents and Players - We pay £300,000 for Murray and pay wages which make him one of the highest earners within club .... any contridiction ?

DK quoted in the paper about Al-Ebd contract during the negotiations .... some think it was irrelevant, some dont ... your view ?

Budgets, Solvent, Wage Structure your view - thats enough to be going on for now.

Fairly immaterial stuff when you consider that we sold one player and bought Murray with that money - thus balancing January's books we swapped a couple of names out for a couple of names in - and Murray scored AGAIN today btw.

He's looking like a sound enough bit of business!

Adam El-Abd is a natural hardman. Natural successor to Danny C. Heard on SCR about three months back that he's already got ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY first team appearances under the belt. He's currently the only toughie we got on the books. Lose El-Abd and we'll be THREE nil down in the opening quarter of an hour more often than not. As opposed to the current two nil down. Opposition need to know there's SOMEBODY going to rip their head off given half a chance. Currently we got Adam El-Abd and not one other single player capable of playing that role. Thomson for one should hang his head in shame.

Give the boy a contract longer than anybody else's :thumbsup:

Word, word, and word.

He could lead us into Falmer as team Captain - nice long contract and wages negotiable according to our league position along the way.
AeA has earned faith, imo.

Attachments

• DSC01049.JPG
    DSC01049.JPG
    552 KB · Views: 141

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
And In The Programme Today They Are Clearly Trying To Bully El-Abd With The Comment About His Contract "Which We Hope He Wil Sign".

Programme = Mouthpiece Of That Well-Known Bully, DK.

(I'm Being Flippant. BigGully - Please Note)

That BigGully Is Basically A Prat, Isn't He? It's Nasty Little Shit-Stirrers Like Him That Make People Like Me Seem Quite Normal And Rational.

And He's Shit At Debating.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hang on - putting El Abd on the cover of todays programme ?
Isn't this a CLEAR CASE of emotional blackmail by the chairman ? He's obviously just HEAPING the pressure on Adam to sign that contract now. This is a DISGUSTING abuse of his position and will call UNTOLD damage to the contract negotiations, as El Abd is FORCED to respond to having his mug plastered all over the matchday programme at such a delicate stage of the talks.

A very sly move by DK, and TOTALLY uncalled for.

Hang on - putting El Abd on the cover of todays programme ?
Isn't this a CLEAR CASE of emotional blackmail by the chairman ? He's obviously just HEAPING the pressure on Adam to sign that contract now. This is a DISGUSTING abuse of his position and will call UNTOLD damage to the contract negotiations, as El Abd is FORCED to respond to having his mug plastered all over the matchday programme at such a delicate stage of the talks.

A very sly move by DK, and TOTALLY uncalled for.

er...... you are fixtured by 4 minutes there, Easy.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Fairly immaterial stuff when you consider that we sold one player and bought Murray with that money - thus balancing January's books we swapped a couple of names out for a couple of names in - and Murray scored AGAIN today btw.

He's looking like a sound enough bit of business!

Thats right you got rid of a player that has performed consistently very very well and our captain ..... for years

Got rid of him coz he is soo greedy and bought an untested div 4 player on big wages and gave a grateful Rochdale £300,000 for him.

Thats good business ....... tee hee

Your are serious, arnet you ?

Today I was thinkin could you imagine, Hammond, O'Callaghan with our current players, even Savage as part of the team.

Where would be today ..... ??

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
In administration ?

Are you serious, jeeeez I disagree with you on most points, but nearly put you down as normal !!

Which bit made us solvent in recent history ??

We are insolvent, but luckily have benefactors that keep us afloat.

So if we kept those players and didnt get Murray, you think we will be insolvent ... you aint serious.

More important what would Wilkins want ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Are you serious, jeeeez I disagree with you on most points, but nearly put you down as normal !!

Which bit made us solvent in recent history ??

We are insolvent, but luckily have benefactors that keep us afloat.

So if we kept those players and didnt get Murray, you think we will be insolvent ... you aint serious.

More important what would Wilkins want ?

Savage wanted a deal that would have made him the highest paid player at the club.
Hammond was offered a deal that would have made him the highest paid player at the club, but STILL wanted more.

Its a slippery slope. Give in to one or two players demands, and soon enough you get a queue of players at the Chairmans door looking for some hefty hikes in their contracts. And why not, if other players are getting what they ask for ?

Play by your rules, and the club would be labouring under a rapidly spiralling wagebill that could (and would) become unsustainable. Thankfully we have a chairman who reconises this, and keeps things in check. What would Wilkins want ? A job at a football club that is operating within its means - that way, people keep their jobs.

Its not a concept you're comfortable with, clearly. But I think its a method that has kept us afloat DESPITE the monstrous financial commitments this club has had to steer its way through these last few years. The fact we are competing and competing extremely well in this division is an absolute credit to DK and the board, as well as Wilkins.

But of course, for the likes of you, thats still not enough.

Last edited:

Thats right you got rid of a player that has performed consistently very very well and our captain ..... for years

Got rid of him coz he is soo greedy and bought an untested div 4 player on big wages and gave a grateful Rochdale £300,000 for him.

Thats good business ....... tee hee

Your are serious, arnet you ?

Today I was thinkin could you imagine, Hammond, O'Callaghan with our current players, even Savage as part of the team.

Where would be today ..... ??

Well jeeez, he didn't want to play for us, ohmagoood, that was like, SO good business y'know, like?

A couple of months to go and we got bread for a player who wanted out. JEEEZ!

:dunce:

And we'd be playing, according to YOUR sensibility, O'Callaghan and Savage? Two other players who wanted out, or more than we were willing to pay?

JEEEEEZ, you really are either joking, thick, or support some other team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here