El-Abd is urged to sign Albion deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Course we are pissing in the wind, but some can piss better than others.
That has to be the worse reply I have ever seen on here.
And you had the brass neck to accuse ME of "ignoring the important points"

What is really concerning about this thread is the fact that Bars Mar is almost talking sense in it.

Bars Mars has amazed me lately. The capitals are still highly irksome of course, but what he's had to say has actually been well worth reading.

Strange days indeed.

That has to be the worse reply I have ever seen on here.
And you had the brass neck to accuse ME of "ignoring the important points"

Bars Mars has amazed me lately. The capitals are still highly irksome of course, but what he's had to say has actually been well worth reading.

Strange days indeed.

While most of NSC was BULLYING Mr Bar, one of us at least had the sense to read what he says. :angel:

As for BigGully though - please just :shutup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Check this out then.

22nd February 2008

"Players of today live in their agents' pockets - it's a situation which really depresses me. It's in his hands. It's not in our hands".

"We have given him his offer. It's amazing really, given that he has had such a good season and has had such a good run of games."

"We wouldn't have made the offer if we hadn't had faith in him. The lad knows this and the other players have told him."

"He has been with us since he was 12 but I don't think that matters these days. Their agents live their lives for them and if you are happy to go along with that then you get the situation that you have got just now."

18th April 2008 (following the signing of the contract)

"There's no other club for him. He's a Manchester United player. We were always quietly confident he would sign."

These are quotes from Alex Ferguson, after Wes Brown signed a new contract this week. Compare Fergies full-blown rant in February to Dick Knights "the contract has been on the table for some time, we hope he signs it soon".

Bit of a difference ? And whaddya know, despite Fergies comments going all over Sky Sports and the NATIONAL media, Wes signed. Amazing eh.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Check this out then.

22nd February 2008

"Players of today live in their agents' pockets - it's a situation which really depresses me. It's in his hands. It's not in our hands".

"We have given him his offer. It's amazing really, given that he has had such a good season and has had such a good run of games."

"We wouldn't have made the offer if we hadn't had faith in him. The lad knows this and the other players have told him."

"He has been with us since he was 12 but I don't think that matters these days. Their agents live their lives for them and if you are happy to go along with that then you get the situation that you have got just now."

"There's no other club for him. He's a Manchester United player. We were always quietly confident he would sign."

These are quotes from Alex Ferguson, after Wes Brown signed a new contract this week. Compare Fergies full-blown rant in February to Dick Knights "the contract has been on the table for some time, we hope he signs it soon".

Bit of a difference ? And whaddya know, despite Fergies comments going all over Sky Sports and the NATIONAL media, Wes signed. Amazing eh.

You see, the Chairman of BHA cannot act like the manager of Man Utd, totally different animals.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Yeah I am just so pleased that Cristiano Ronaldo's negotiations went sooo smoothly. No ongoing negotiation sticking points there then.

Can you imagine Sir Alex saying the same to Ronaldo when they agreed his last contract this year.

Man of principle our Alex.

DK giving it large to Sam Rents, you get my drift.

Not saying that Al-Ebd is quite Ronaldo !

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Check this out then.

22nd February 2008

For the life of me I cannot understand why Ferguson went to such lengths to re-sign the comedy defender that is Wes Brown. That guy went to the Titus Bramble school of defending - How he is a regular for Man U AND England defies belief!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You see, the Chairman of BHA cannot act like the manager of Man Utd, totally different animals.

But thats EXACTLY what you're accusing Dick Knight of having done though. In your terms, Ferguson has gone to the press and "bullied" Wes Brown into signing that contract, just like in your terms, Dick Knight has gone to the press and is "bullying" El Abd into signing his contract. Different animals ? Cobblers. Its the self-same contract negotiation reports you get every day, in every paper, at every club, so DON'T try to demonise DK as though he's done something out of turn, or f***ed up the negotiations, because he quite clearly has done nothing of the sort. DK's remarks are small-fry compared with Fergies blown gasket. Its only the likes of YOU blowing things totally out of all proportion.

Arguing the toss with you is like trying to nail jelly to the wall though. You just shift and change your arguments to suit your agenda, and end up tying yourself up in knots.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah I am just so pleased that Cristiano Ronaldo's negotiations went sooo smoothly. No ongoing negotiation sticking points there then.

Can you imagine Sir Alex saying the same to Ronaldo when they agreed his last contract this year.

Man of principle our Alex.

DK giving it large to Sam Rents, you get my drift.

Not saying that Al-Ebd is quite Ronaldo !

So what you're saying here (sarcastically) is that Fergie happily puts the kid-gloves on when it comes to negotiating with his most important players, correct ? And by that, you mean DK only bullies our "lesser" players.

Would you then say that Dick Knight donned the kid gloves when he negotiated Dean Hammonds contract then ? He's no Ronaldo either of course, but in the contect of the Albion, he was club captain, and one of the most important members of our squad.

Or doesn't that apply in your logic ? Catch my drift ?
You're all over the shop fella.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
So what you're saying here (sarcastically) is that Fergie happily puts the kid-gloves on when it comes to negotiating with his most important players, correct ? And by that, you mean DK only bullies our "lesser" players.

Would you then say that Dick Knight donned the kid gloves when he negotiated Dean Hammonds contract then ? He's no Ronaldo either of course, but in the contect of the Albion, he was club captain, and one of the most important members of our squad.

Or doesn't that apply in your logic ? Catch my drift ?
You're all over the shop fella.

No thats not what I am saying, I am saying that his brinkmanship is quite well thought out and is successful more than not.

In Wes Browns case it has worked for various reasons and was successful.

The only brinkmanship with Ronaldo was praise and more praise and the tough negotiation stance of 'pick a number Cristiano and put 10 noughts on the end....deal'

Now I have been saying that DK does use brinkmanship with players past and present and seems pretty crap at it and to use Hammond as an example are you saying that was successful ??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No thats not what I am saying, I am saying that his brinkmanship is quite well thought out and is successful more than not.

In Wes Browns case it has worked for various reasons and was successful.

The only brinkmanship with Ronaldo was praise and more praise and the tough negotiation stance of 'pick a number Cristiano and put 10 noughts on the end....deal'

Now I have been saying that DK does use brinkmanship with players past and present and seems pretty crap at it and to use Hammond as an example are you saying that was successful ??

Maybe, just maybe, Man Utd have a bit more "leeway" with their brinkmanship negotiations than Dick Knight. You know, what with them being the third richest club in the world and all, or whatever it is right now. That could make a difference, hmm ?

Was Dick Knights "brinkmanship" with Hammond successful ? Depends what you'd term success I suppose. Hammond didn't sign, but the wage structure remained intact, and the message was clearly made that the club will not be dictated to by players and agents demands. And hey - we always seem to remain solvent doing things that way, which is always a bonus.

So yes, in those terms (and having extracted a decent wedge from Colchester), I'd say overall it was successful.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Dick shouldn't shoot his mouth off in the press DURING negotiations... of course, the DK arse-lickers can't see this.. their respective heads are too far up his backside...

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Was Dick Knights "brinkmanship" with Hammond successful ? Depends what you'd term success I suppose. Hammond didn't sign, but the wage structure remained intact, and the message was clearly made that the club will not be dictated to by players and agents demands. And hey - we always seem to remain solvent doing things that way, which is always a bonus.

So yes, in those terms (and having extracted a decent wedge from Colchester), I'd say overall it was successful.[/QUOTE]

This is correct.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Adam El-Abd is a natural hardman. Natural successor to Danny C. Heard on SCR about three months back that he's already got ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY first team appearances under the belt. He's currently the only toughie we got on the books. Lose El-Abd and we'll be THREE nil down in the opening quarter of an hour more often than not. As opposed to the current two nil down. Opposition need to know there's SOMEBODY going to rip their head off given half a chance. Currently we got Adam El-Abd and not one other single player capable of playing that role. Thomson for one should hang his head in shame.

Give the boy a contract longer than anybody else's :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have been out of the loop for a week on this, but If he is holding the club to ransom then he can f*** OFF.

No player is bigger than BHAFC...................................apart from Doug Loft obviously!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports