Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd is urged to sign Albion deal

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
But it was spawned by DK original comments, it was always going to end up with these headlines and the player is likely to blame the Chairman for this...no doubt.

But it wasn't spawned by DK original comment (not comments). He said the deal had been on the table for some time. Nothing in that comment implies that Adam El-Abd is holding the club to ransom.

You really don't seem to get what is going on at all, you are far too quick to fall for the Argus trying to make a story out of what is a standard procedure as far as football contract negoiations go.

Adam El-Abd's comments were as follows.

"I can confirm there was a fair offer made by the club. I am aware the perception is that the reason I haven't got back to Brighton is due to financial terms, which is totally incorrect."

The perception has only come from idiots like you twisting nothing into something. Nowhere can anyone find a quote from the club accusing Adam of holding the club to ransom.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Argus: "So Dick, has Adam been offered a new contract yet ? Has he signed ?"
Dick: "It has been on the table for some time and we hope he signs it soon."

I'm sorry, I really do fail to see what the hell is wrong with that. However, if Dicks response to that question had been "No comment", THEN I think some alarm bells could have been set off.

Some people seem to have it in for Knight regardless though. He's damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't. Whatever the guy does, its going to be WRONG in some peoples eyes.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Some people seem to have it in for Knight regardless though. He's damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't. Whatever the guy does, its going to be WRONG in some peoples eyes.

Same could be said of the Argus...

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
But it wasn't spawned by DK original comment (not comments). He said the deal had been on the table for some time. Nothing in that comment implies that Adam El-Abd is holding the club to ransom.

You really don't seem to get what is going on at all, you are far too quick to fall for the Argus trying to make a story out of what is a standard procedure as far as football contract negoiations go.

Adam El-Abd's comments were as follows.

"I can confirm there was a fair offer made by the club. I am aware the perception is that the reason I haven't got back to Brighton is due to financial terms, which is totally incorrect."

The perception has only come from idiots like you twisting nothing into something. Nowhere can anyone find a quote from the club accusing Adam of holding the club to ransom.

I dont think you get it ...... I would suspect that DK knows Andy Naylors reporting quite well.

When you make a comment, not to have the forsight of how it is likely to be played by the Argus is naive.

I dont think DK is naive and I would suspect that it was his way of talking to the fans, to say that he is on top of things.

Great you have swallowed it so to some extent he has succeeded, but having a key player having to explain his reason for firstly 'stalling' and now 'holding the club to ransom' would rankle that player and might impact on the negotiations.

Lighten up .... I know that DK didnt write those headlines and no-one from within the club did either, but I would suspect that Al-Ebd is angry that it has to be played out the way it is currently and is likely to feel that DK has put him in a situation he neednt be in.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
I dont think you get it ...... I would suspect that DK knows Andy Naylors reporting quite well.

When you make a comment, not to have the forsight of how it is likely to be played by the Argus is naive.

I dont think DK is naive and I would suspect that it was his way of talking to the fans, to say that he is on top of things.

Great you have swallowed it so to some extent he has succeeded, but having a key player having to explain his reason for firstly 'stalling' and now 'holding the club to ransom' would rankle that player and might impact on the negotiations.

Lighten up .... I know that DK didnt write those headlines and no-one from within the club did either, but I would suspect that Al-Ebd is angry that it has to be played out the way it is currently and is likely to feel that DK has put him in a situation he neednt be in.

Has It Occurred To You That We Do Get It? It's Just That We Choose Not To Read Too Much Into What We Read In The Papers.

And Have A Look At Where I've Highlighted Your Comments. They Appear To Reveal That Your Inside Knowledge Is Nothing Of The Sort. You Openly Admit To Conjecture And Leaps Of The Imagination To Arrive At Your Views.

I Suggest It Is You And You Alone That Needs To "Lighten Up". The Rest Of Us Appear Happy To Let Things Carry On As They Are.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Has It Occurred To You That We Do Get It? It's Just That We Choose Not To Read Too Much Into What We Read In The Papers.

And Have A Look At Where I've Highlighted Your Comments. They Appear To Reveal That Your Inside Knowledge Is Nothing Of The Sort. You Openly Admit To Conjecture And Leaps Of The Imagination To Arrive At Your Views.

I Suggest It Is You And You Alone That Needs To "Lighten Up". The Rest Of Us Appear Happy To Let Things Carry On As They Are.

I am glad that you look so closely at all the words used in my posts, just a shame you cant link the words together so that you can read what the posts mean.

My inside knowledge !! what is it with some of you guys.

I might have some I might not, dont think it is actually that relevant to the current discussion, because we are discussing what is happening today in the press and I am putting my version of how Al-Ebd might respond to it.

I think you as others think it is irrelevant to Al-Ebd, I hope it is, but whether he signs or not he wouldnt of been pleased and it remains unhelpful.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

What the hell do you expect?? Even the fans are aware that Adam is out of contract at the end of the season, and, rightly or wrongly, they will want to know whether he has a) been offered a new contract and b) whether he has signed it yet. That is all DK has confirmed, no inference, no nothing.

Try to picture how these conversations go

AN: Has El-Abd been offered a new contract?
DK: Yes he has.
AN: Has he signed yet?
DK: No.
AN: Why Not?
DK: You'll have to ask him.
AN: So you're upset that he hasn't signed it yet.
AN: Do you want him to sign it? How long has this been going on for?
DK: It's been on the table for some time, and we hope he signs it soon.

Now if El-Abd is pissed off that somehow from that quote he is being put under pressure, then something is clearly very wrong with him.

You are making assumptions on El-Abd's feelings on this with no thoughts on how you have reached that conclusion.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
I am glad that you look so closely at all the words used in my posts, just a shame you cant link the words together so that you can read what the posts mean.

I might have some I might not, dont think it is actually that relevant to the current discussion, because we are discussing what is happening today in the press and I am putting my version of how Al-Ebd might respond to it.

I think you as others think it is irrelevant to Al-Ebd, I hope it is, but whether he signs or not he wouldnt of been pleased and it remains unhelpful.

Everybody Seems To Have A Problem Making The Same Leap As You. Might You Actually Be Wrong?

I Think The Fact That You Have As Much Knowledge As Me Very Relevant. It Makes All Your Suppositions Just Hot Air And Speculation. Why Do You Feel The Need To Tell Us How El-Abd Might Respond?

Stop Pretending That You Know Better Than Everyone Else. You Don't. Just Lighten Up And Leave El-Abd's Negotiations To El-Abd.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004

The situation appears to be that the offer's been on the table a while and the club hope he signs it.

All agreed so far?

Dick Knight then says that the offer's been on the table a while and the club hope he signs it.

And thats wrong, is it??

Are you suggesting DK shouldn't say that, just because the Naylor will read too much into it? What's the alternative, he should lie? He should cover up?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
What the hell do you expect?? Even the fans are aware that Adam is out of contract at the end of the season, and, rightly or wrongly, they will want to know whether he has a) been offered a new contract and b) whether he has signed it yet. That is all DK has confirmed, no inference, no nothing.

Try to picture how these conversations go

AN: Has El-Abd been offered a new contract?
DK: Yes he has.
AN: Has he signed yet?
AN: Why Not?
DK: You'll have to ask him.
AN: So you're upset that he hasn't signed it yet.
AN: Do you want him to sign it? How long has this been going on for?
DK: It's been on the table for some time, and we hope he signs it soon.

Now if El-Abd is pissed off that somehow from that quote he is being put under pressure, then something is clearly very wrong with him.

You are making assumptions on El-Abd's feelings on this with no thoughts on how you have reached that conclusion.

Thats all very well, but he has already had to explain himself today in the press, albeit not very well because of the 'table for some time comment'.

That is why its got to a point where the press and some fans are putting their own spin on it.

Most would accept that negotiaions do take a little time and would expect some time before terms are agreed, but because of the 'sometime' comment, it infers that he may of stalled for sometime on agreeing terms.

I agree that it aint hardly earth shattering stuff, but he has now needed to respond to the headline of 'held to ransom' and it is unlikely to help in the current negotiations.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

And there, in a nutshell, is why you have so little credibility on this matter.

"I might have some inside knowledge, I might not..." - oh how very enigmatic of you, when all the way along on this thread, you've been dressing up your speculation as fact, and alluding to some notion that you actually know something that we don't. And you wonder why your views are being dismissed ??

"I am putting my version of how El-Abd might respond to it." - In other words, you are pissing in the wind. As you've been doing all along, but simply won't accept this fact when its pointed out to you.

Give it a rest. Get narky when theres something to get narky about, not when the Argus has spun a few headlines out of a couple of run-of-the-mill quotes.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The situation appears to be that the offer's been on the table a while and the club hope he signs it.

All agreed so far?

Dick Knight then says that the offer's been on the table a while and the club hope he signs it.

And thats wrong, is it??

Are you suggesting DK shouldn't say that, just because the Naylor will read too much into it? What's the alternative, he should lie? He should cover up?

I agree that would be mature and grown up wouldnt it.

But that isnt quite whats happened, we have the most recent headlines saying Al-Ebd has 'stalled on a new deal' and then needed to defend himself against 'holding the club to ransom'.

Maybe its not massive and Al-Ebd might dismiss the speculation as inevitable and sign a deal today, I hope so.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Is it possible that this has just become the big issue it has, as there's not much else for the Argus to write about at the moment, and they've got to fill the paper with something?

No midweek games, no other real news happening, playoffs looking very unlikely barring a minor miracle, and cricket's only just starting.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
And there, in a nutshell, is why you have so little credibility on this matter.

"I might have some inside knowledge, I might not..." - oh how very enigmatic of you, when all the way along on this thread, you've been dressing up your speculation as fact, and alluding to some notion that you actually know something that we don't. And you wonder why your views are being dismissed ??

"I am putting my version of how El-Abd might respond to it." - In other words, you are pissing in the wind. As you've been doing all along, but simply won't accept this fact when its pointed out to you.

Give it a rest. Get narky when theres something to get narky about, not when the Argus has spun a few headlines out of a couple of run-of-the-mill quotes.

Course we are pissing in the wind, but some can piss better than others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here