Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd is urged to sign Albion deal

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Who to side with Adam El Abd or Dick Knight. Tough one that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
250px-HarryHill.jpg

There's only one way to find out......FIIIIIGHT !

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Then my work here is done.

TLO, do you want to take over ? I've got to make a daisy-chain out of my paperclips now.

I could try but to be honest, he doesn't know how to debate.

He picks and chooses second and third-hand supporting evidence to back up his theories, passes them off as fact irrespective of the fact he knows no more about this story than you or me. He then accuses you, me and others of being upset or having hissy-fits. It's hard to communicate on a sensible level with someone who operates like that.

He's even asked me for an opinion on the whole matter, and the fact is - I don't have one. I've no idea who is right or wrong, or even whether 'right and wrong' is actually an issue here.

So far, all we've been told is that Adam El-Abd hasn't signed a contract that was offered to him a while back. Whoopy-doo. From that we get another dose of 'Dick Knight has f***ed up again...' Talk about getting your knickers in a twist over a non-story.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

He picks and chooses second and third-hand supporting evidence to back up his theories, passes them off as fact irrespective of the fact he knows no more about this story than you or me. He then accuses you, me and others of being upset or having hissy-fits. It's hard to communicate on a sensible level with someone who operates like that.

He's even asked me for an opinion on the whole matter, and the fact is - I don't have one. I've no idea who is right or wrong, or even whether 'right and wrong' is actually an issue here.

So far, all we've been told is that Adam El-Abd hasn't signed a contract that was offered to him a while back. Whoopy-doo. From that we get another dose of 'Dick Knight has f***ed up again...' Talk about getting your knickers in a twist over a non-story.

I gave up a while ago. It is totally impossible to have a reasonable debate with him. With some, one can disagree and still have a good debate on the matter. In this case, it's impossible.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

You neednt get defensive if someone offers an opinion that you feel implies that he knows more than you.

I promise you many many people on here know more than you about what happens within the club.

It aint a personal thing, its just that your opinions are not particularly qualified.

Al-Ebd was not offered a deal ' a while back' and for DK to say that he was is not fair on the player.

Today The Argus' headline was Al-Ebd was STALLING with all the associated implicatons that comes with that.

To somehow say Whoopy-doo as if its irrelivant, when a player is negotiating a contract is an indication of how obviously you have no understanding of the dynamics of a professional football club.

18 players are out of contract, many will sign, some wont, but the Manager really doesnt need such unhelpful comments from the man that those players will eventually negotiate with.

You can choose to say 'Whoopy-Doo' .

But thankfully it wont be you that those players will have to negotiate with, if it was 18 players would walk out of our club tomorrow.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I gave up a while ago. It is totally impossible to have a reasonable debate with him. With some, one can disagree and still have a good debate on the matter. In this case, it's impossible.

You gave up ages ago, your not wrong.

Cannot remember a thing you ever said.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Elabd Insists He Is Not Holding Albion To Ransom (from The Argus)</title>
El-Abd insists he is not holding Albion to ransom
By Andy Naylor
Comment

Adam El-Abd insists he is not holding Albion to ransom as he considers the club's offer of a new two-year contract.

The Seagulls utility player says he has not put pen to paper yet because of fitness and family concerns.

El-Abd's current two-and-a-half year deal expires at the end of the season.
advertisement

In a statement issued by the club last week, chairman Dick Knight turned up the heat by stating an offer had been on the table for "some time", adding: "we hope he signs it soon".

El-Abd, sidelined by a knee injury since last month's defeat at Huddersfield, said: "I can confirm there was a fair offer made by the club.

"I am aware the perception is that the reason I haven't got back to Brighton is due to financial terms, which is totally incorrect.

"The first reason I haven't got back to them is due to the fact that I have been rehabilitating from my injury.

"I have been focusing on trying to get myself back fit to help the boys in the last-ditch push for the play-offs.

"The second reason is because I have got lots to consider at the moment. My girlfriend is pregnant with our first baby, so the decision is not totally down to me - I have got a family to consider.

"I want everybody to know that I am totally committed to Brighton and I want to get my knee right and ready for the end of the season."

Albion will make a late decision on the fitness of Nicky Forster ahead of Saturday's clash with Hartlepool. The skipper and 19-goal top scorer was still unable to train yesterday after missing last Saturday's 2-1 win at Luton with a knee injury.

Matt Richards (hamstring) and Joel Lynch (calf) have both resumed training. Former Seagull Richard Barker is still sidelined for Hartlepool by a hamstring problem.

What's your view on the El-Abd contract situation?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
"The first reason I haven't got back to them is due to the fact that I have been rehabilitating from my injury"

So rather than training every day a playing twice a week, you've been sat on your arse and yet still not had time to sign the contract.

"The second reason is because I have got lots to consider at the moment. My girlfriend is pregnant with our first baby, so the decision is not totally down to me - I have got a family to consider"

Sounds like it is about money then.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Transfer negotiations played out in Argus Shocker !

Your right, but it is not helpful.

Some on here dont seem to think its relevant.

Well it is if your the manager trying to keep key players and add to the squad for next season.

It was always going to go that way, some people decide not to see it.

It is quite a guarded response by Al-Ebd, but I would suspect that he is angry that it needed to be played out this way.

He is less likely to sign today than a week or so ago, just because of DK clumsy yet intentional comment.

Which is the 'on the table for sometime' comment.

If you wish to accept my judgement that it has NOT been on the table for 'sometime' anyway it is even more damaging.

El-Abd has had to defend his stance on his negotiations, why shouldnt he be free to negotiate with the club without being unfairly pressured publicly by the Chairman.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
"The first reason I haven't got back to them is due to the fact that I have been rehabilitating from my injury"

So rather than training every day a playing twice a week, you've been sat on your arse and yet still not had time to sign the contract.

"The second reason is because I have got lots to consider at the moment. My girlfriend is pregnant with our first baby, so the decision is not totally down to me - I have got a family to consider"

Sounds like it is about money then.

Of course its about money ..... he is a professional footballer negotiating with a professional football club !!

The Chairmans signing of Murray was all about money too, £300,000 and good wages is money too !

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I dont get why he's not signing a contract because hes injured?

Surely if he's injured he cant train or play so has more time than anyone else in the squad to think about and sign a contract! Has he gone away on holiday whilst hes been injured?

Also about to become a dad is a pretty poor excuse for not signing it. Surely having any contract after this summer is better than a non league or no contract if he is too bring up a child.

Most people have to bring up a child earning £20-£25k a year, he is on at least 4 times that on his current contract

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You neednt get defensive if someone offers an opinion that you feel implies that he knows more than you.

I promise you many many people on here know more than you about what happens within the club.

It aint a personal thing, its just that your opinions are not particularly qualified.

Al-Ebd was not offered a deal ' a while back' and for DK to say that he was is not fair on the player.

Today The Argus' headline was Al-Ebd was STALLING with all the associated implicatons that comes with that.

To somehow say Whoopy-doo as if its irrelivant, when a player is negotiating a contract is an indication of how obviously you have no understanding of the dynamics of a professional football club.

18 players are out of contract, many will sign, some wont, but the Manager really doesnt need such unhelpful comments from the man that those players will eventually negotiate with.

You can choose to say 'Whoopy-Doo' .

But thankfully it wont be you that those players will have to negotiate with, if it was 18 players would walk out of our club tomorrow.

That wasn't a defensive account mainly because it wasn't about me, it was about you. And you are not that good at debating.

I'll spell it out for you because, no matter how many times you get told this, you still go down your path of self-righteous judgement and immature reasoning.

The point is - and I am getting tired of saying this because it is so obvious - you don't know the exact story. And by me pointing that out to you about four times now, you are taking from that, by inference, I do. The answer is, of course I don't know the story, which is one reason why I haven't offered an opinion.

In other words, how can my opinions not be qualified when I don't have one?

Despite my lack of opinion, you still wish to cast doubt upon it. I must admit, that does take talent.

On the other hand, being in possession of exactly the same facts as the rest of us, have made a judgement based on your own belief system, and as such wish to inflate your own worth while endeavouring to belittle others'.

Seeing as no-one has enough proper information (even though you wish to have the Argus as a primary source, which would be wrong to do so) in which to make such a judgement as you have, it's one reason why you're being derided so. You make blind leaps in the dark based upon your own 'true belief' system, for a story which may or may not have legs.

The story will become 'relevant' if or when it becomes messy. Until then, it's a bit of a non-story.

You might want to make a mountain out of this, but back in the real world, we'll all wait to see what happens next. Once I have enough facts at hand to form an opinion, I might do so. Until then...

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
That wasn't a defensive account mainly because it wasn't about me, it was about you. And you are not that good at debating.

I'll spell it out for you because, no matter how many times you get told this, you still go down your path of self-righteous judgement and immature reasoning.

The point is - and I am getting tired of saying this because it is so obvious - you don't know the exact story. And by me pointing that out to you about four times now, you are taking from that, by inference, I do. The answer is, of course I don't know the story, which is one reason why I haven't offered an opinion.

In other words, how can my opinions not be qualified when I don't have one?

Despite my lack of opinion, you still wish to cast doubt upon it. I must admit, that does take talent.

On the other hand, being in possession of exactly the same facts as the rest of us, have made a judgement based on your own belief system, and as such wish to inflate your own worth while endeavouring to belittle others'.

Seeing as no-one has enough proper information (even though you wish to have the Argus as a primary source, which would be wrong to do so) in which to make such a judgement as you have, it's one reason why you're being derided so. You make blind leaps in the dark based upon your own 'true belief' system, for a story which may or may not have legs.

The story will become 'relevant' if or when it becomes messy. Until then, it's a bit of a non-story.

You might want to make a mountain out of this, but back in the real world, we'll all wait to see what happens next. Once I have enough facts at hand to form an opinion, I might do so. Until then...

Well, I had thought you may of kept your head down on this one, but no.

I hope that today Adam signs and this will not be an issue for us to continue to debate.

However so far the negotiations are to be played out in the local paper due wholly to DK initial comment.

I was surprised that you could not recognise what the implications of his intentional comments might move on to.

You chose to think that it was all irrelevant and still continue to think there is no negative effect from this.

Of course it is totally relevant and your effort to somehow regain some credability on this matter in light of what is currently being played out is laughable

Now will you and I lose sleep over this ........ not likely.

But maybe the manager might be seething at another clumsy negotiation attempt by his Chairman.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I dont get why he's not signing a contract because hes injured?

Surely if he's injured he cant train or play so has more time than anyone else in the squad to think about and sign a contract! Has he gone away on holiday whilst hes been injured?

Also about to become a dad is a pretty poor excuse for not signing it. Surely having any contract after this summer is better than a non league or no contract if he is too bring up a child.

Most people have to bring up a child earning £20-£25k a year, he is on at least 4 times that on his current contract

He has to respond to why the negotiations are ongoing because DK has already commented, silly really as all negotiations are always ongoing until the deal is signed or rejected.

I suspect he would of preferred the negotiations to be kept in house and run their course rather than have to make any statements.

The club will be trying to save themselves money on this deal whilst he would try to maximise the terms, that is normal.

It neednt be too complicated and I hope that we do not end up with another Chairman culls greedy player scenario.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
That will only happen if we have a 'greedy player'... and rightly so in my book.

we must have the squad with the most greedy players in the league - bertin, hammond, savage, now possibly el abd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here