Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd is urged to sign Albion deal

Wow ...... you have kinda made up the figures to support your theory.

GCSE Business now Maths !!

I am not sure why you feel the 6th best player out of those 10 has not wanted parity with the 7th best before that, but anyway.

If we got rid of players that Wilkins wanted because we could not match their demands and therefore would break our Wage Structure that would be fine, but

If we got rid of a group of players that Wilkins wanted to stay because of a financial committment of say £100,00 ( for argument sake )

But then brought in a new set of new players a couple of weeks later for a financial committment of say £100,000, it couldnt of been because of a Wage Structure !

Your wage differential is a red herring because the same dynamics would happen when the new set of players arrived, handsomely paid no doubt.

I've got to say this is a really good wind up, I'm impressed you are still going.

The highlighted parts shows that you actually have no idea; you are supposing (for no clear reason that I can see) that in fact Thompson, Murray and the rest are all now on wages that break the wage structure. What evidence do you have for that? We have clear evidence that Savage and Hammond wanted wages that would break the wage structure. DK has gone on record saying that Savage wanted to be the highest paid player at the club; he has also said that Hammond was offered a deal to make him the highest paid player at the club.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't know about you, but if I were a chairman, I would be inclined to have a look at what we were buying.

I would rather have a chairman that was genuinely interested, rather than a Risdale type character who just signs cheques willy-nilly and frog marches into contract talks throwing any old number at the players representative before swiftly leaving.

He interferes though... he is no more an expert than you or I... do you believe DK does not interfere? Do you think he is human or super-human?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
As chairman of the club he is entitled 'to look at several players'. Does he do that without the manager being involved? Nothing I have ever seen or heard says that he does, so I don't have a problem with his involvement at all.

If you or anyone else has evidence to the contrary, then that is another matter.

I have the public evidence of his quotes... what evidence do you have that he doesn't intefere with the assessment of players?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He interferes though... he is no more an expert than you or I... do you believe DK does not interfere? Do you think he is human or super-human?

I am not overly sure what you mean by interfering. We have now had many managers operating under (Deadly) Dick and have any ever expressed their contempt for him and the business of transfers? Of course the chairman is going to have some form of control over who we sign as he is not going to hand over a blank cheque, but I can’t imagine that he picks and chooses who we sign from a personal preference.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Ive tried to resist but can't any longer. You so far have failed to answer any points in a polite and coherent manner. You even in a previous post accused me of hanging on every word in the press. However heres a way in which you may understand:

A house is worth £250k. A smaller house is worth £200k

Now, I may be willing to pay £250k and have the money (or the offer of finance for the price). It doesn't mean I will pay £250k for the smaller house. That is because it simply isn't worth it. If I did pay that, all other houses in that region at that size will also want £250k.

Now in this analogy - Savage is the £200k house. Functional, homely but never going to be worth relatively more without significant improvement that is unlikely as he has been developed to the full. Murray is the £250k house. he has potential for improvmenet and may in time be worth £400k. I am prepared to pay £250k for that house. It means that I am amending my budget and entering into finance based on the relative value and potential of the property.

The situation we have with hammond is that he was worth £250k and we offered £250k but the seller (him and his agent) didn't accept that price. They did find someone who may have been willing to spend more for him but they may never be able to recoup that value. We also gained by selling our interest in him (in this case his registration).

As I see it, you are saying that Wilkins wanted us to buy the three properties (hammond , savage and ocallaghan). having undergone a survey, the bank and those paying the property chose not to spend that money. They did however spend the money they were prepared to spend (plus more financed by a director until the sale of our interest) on properties with more current value and better potential.

If you are really telling me that Wilkins is now so upset that we didn't spend more than the value for these properties and is upset at the 'bank' for not financing more, then it diminishes my view of wilkins significantly and makes him out to be a little naive at best or behaving like a spoilt brat at worst. If he is also saying (or those close to him) are feeding info about his displeasure then he needs to grow up a bit. If he has been actively working against the main negotiator by saying to the seller that he wants to spend more and thinks the property is worth more (therefore undermining the deal negotiations) then he is actually likely to be in a serious spot with his employer.

And if (getting back to the point) he actually believes that the innoccuous comment in the argus about el-abds contract is actually some major criticism of the player, then he and anybody he talks to who fails to correct his understanding and bring him to his senses) is behaving very much like a dim child.

Finally - are you really a councillor.

That is all

(oh and by the way - I do numbers and that finance thingy too :)

You see DK shouldnt be the Estate Agent here ....

DK has employed Wilkins as his property buyer, because he is experienced and knows more about the property market than him.

DK should therefore give Wilkins his 'budget' and allow him to use his expertise to renevate current properties that he think will give DK and his club successful returns.

But when he comes back with the drawings in his portfolio, Dick says sorry Dean but we cant afford these renevations.

Wilkins is disappointed he thought they were a great developing opportunity with great potential.

Oh well, if the money isnt there, it isnt there.

And low and behold DK goes to the Estate Agent without telling Wilkins and comes back with 3 different properties on the other side of town !!!

So he did have the money after all .... grrrrrrr ....... why didnt he support me ... grrrrr

Anyway that enough of analogies !

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I've got to say this is a really good wind up, I'm impressed you are still going.

The highlighted parts shows that you actually have no idea; you are supposing (for no clear reason that I can see) that in fact Thompson, Murray and the rest are all now on wages that break the wage structure. What evidence do you have for that? We have clear evidence that Savage and Hammond wanted wages that would break the wage structure. DK has gone on record saying that Savage wanted to be the highest paid player at the club; he has also said that Hammond was offered a deal to make him the highest paid player at the club.

I have to be ambiguous ....... I wouldnt want to come across as a know all, now would I !!

You see DK shouldnt be the Estate Agent here ....

DK has employed Wilkins as his property buyer, because he is experienced and knows more about the property market than him.

DK should therefore give Wilkins his 'budget' and allow him to use his expertise to renevate current properties that he think will give DK and his club successful returns.

But when he comes back with the drawings in his portfolio, Dick says sorry Dean but we cant afford these renevations.

Wilkins is disappointed he thought they were a great developing opportunity with great potential.

Oh well, if the money isnt there, it isnt there.

And low and behold DK goes to the Estate Agent without telling Wilkins and comes back with 3 different properties on the other side of town !!!

So he did have the money after all .... grrrrrrr ....... why didnt he support me ... grrrrr

Anyway that enough of analogies !

Can you point me in the way of evidence which suggests that

i) DW wanted to keep Savage, Hammond and O'Callaghan and DK didn't.
ii) DK wanted to sign Murray, Thompson, whoever else the 3rd one is meant to be, and DW didn't.

Ta :thumbsup:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I am not overly sure what you mean by interfering. We have now had many managers operating under (Deadly) Dick and have any ever expressed their contempt for him and the business of transfers? Of course the chairman is going to have some form of control over who we sign as he is not going to hand over a blank cheque, but I can’t imagine that he picks and chooses who we sign from a personal preference.

I know that Wendy's predecessor was very angry at Dick's interference...

I suspect that the inexperienced Wendy is more of a Yes man but is wising-up...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What evidence do you have that he does ?

On several occassions, Dick has bragged that he is the man with the golden eye who spotted this and that player... what evidence do you have that he doesn't interfere?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Can you point me in the way of evidence which suggests that

i) DW wanted to keep Savage, Hammond and O'Callaghan and DK didn't.
ii) DK wanted to sign Murray, Thompson, whoever else the 3rd one is meant to be, and DW didn't.

Ta :thumbsup:

i) Thats correct

ii) DK was the main instigator in the signings with some input from Lloyd and Wilkins of course, but you gotta remember that by then we had already lost the first set of players, so Wilkins was eager to get players in.

DK is our Director of Football.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

To you, BigGully and others who have criticised DK for 'interference' - EVIDENCE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Not saying you are wrong, but NOTHING I have read remotely convinces me that you are right.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am unlikely to tell you am I, so in your world, no I have no evidence.

Just out of interest, what world is it that you exist in BigGully ?
Most of us live in the REAL one. You might want to try paying a visit some time.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I am unlikely to tell you am I, so in your world, no I have no evidence.

So in your world, you can make accusations, without demonstrating any evidence, and expect people to believe you?

And if you don't care if people believe you or not why make the accusations in the first place?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
For those of you who think that DK is perfect, what evidence do you have that he doesn't put his over-sized oar into the assessment of players when he is no more expert than you or I?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

What interference though? I can only think of ONE *possible* example with Dick purchasing Turienzo on a recommendation from various people.

i) Thats correct

So why did Dick go back to Hammond and Savage with several improved contracts?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Thought so...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here