El Abd From Zero to Hero

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dickyboy

Feb 2, 2009
rustington
Got to admit i always saw him as just a committed squad player but the change in him is amazing just shows what good coaching and obvious confidence given to him by the manager has shown. He was up against a solid giant yesterday and performed excellent, may it long continue.:bowdown:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
2 Brighton boys at the centre of the defence for a promotion push, who'd have thought it? And if one of them does lose form/injury/suspension we have Greer to come in. Good times as an Albion fan at the moment. :)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Got to admit i always saw him as just a committed squad player but the change in him is amazing just shows what good coaching and obvious confidence given to him by the manager has shown. He was up against a solid giant yesterday and performed excellent, may it long continue.:bowdown:

He has a manager now who plays him in his best position and his confidence has grown as has those who manage, play with and watch him. Frankly I think he'll be our player of the season, he was superb yesterday.

Oct 25, 2003
one of poyet's biggest successes imo

he's turned a player who was considered by many a liability and laughing stock into a solid league 1 defender

playing him at centre back as opposed to right back helps

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Could it be that now the fools who used to "coach" him are now gone and Gus and Tanno know how to make someone a good defender?

Oct 25, 2003
Could it be that now the fools who used to "coach" him are now gone and Gus and Tanno know how to make someone a good defender?

probably!

the raw abilities were always there with el-abd in my view, there were just things like concentration and pass selection to sort out

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
did very well yesterday.
On a side note when it was kicking off with the Barnes thing Greer came out of the dug out to try and calm things down but noticed he had a huge ice pack on his calf so maybe the injury hasn't fully gone away

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
An amazing transition from total liability to virtually first on team sheet - has to be down to the Gus and Tanno who clearly have made him a better player.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes. Also the people who said Poyet was 'wrong' to offer him a contract whilst telling Forster he had to wait to the end of the season (and you know who you are) have been proved wrong on all counts. Poyet's man-management was spot-on as was his dealing with the contract situations. Still, lessons learned eh?

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
There was a black Mercedes in the car park after the game yesterday with the registration E1 ABD. I would surmise this is his car.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
There was a black Mercedes in the car park after the game yesterday with the registration E1 ABD. I would surmise this is his car.

This has been asked on here before, with a little bit of debate. I seem to recall that the general consensus last time was that the car was not Adam El Abd's and belonged to a family member.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
İbrahim Tatlıses;3723717 said:
Agreed.

I think it all started when Gus declared that "El Abd is the strongest defender at the club"

because Gus Poyet's left ear lobe probably knows more about football than most armchair pundits on here put together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports