Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Abd Banned

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Lets hope Upson can mark Glenda out of the game because Greer & Dunk haven't a chance!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sound like it was a wrong decision as well, still he will hate watching and not playing

Just seen it on ssn, their player does grab El Abd's arm and throw him around, bur only because El Abd was holding his shirt. Not wrong, but possibly harsh, only caught the end of El Abds holding on the highlight.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The best centre back we have had this decade, and you not only dismiss him as crap but claim it is a fact! Misguided, badly.

The rapid decline in Greer's popularity is shameful on the site. Absolutely shameful.

Disagree, Greer has been woeful this season so far. Much worse than Kusczack who you wanted dropped recently! Hopefully Greer's spell out of the team will bring the best out of him if he gets the nod ahead of dunk. Upson is the best cb we've had in the last decade btw.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Greer for me, think with upson it will be a fairly solid unit. Much more concerned about the full backs with poss problems for bruno and bridge, this is the key area in dealing with palace.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Got to be Greer but despite his mistake last night el abd will be a big loss as there is nobody better in the side at blocking shots and crosses

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I think El Bad has come in and leaps and bounds in the last few seasons but he is limited and certain types of striker will find him out. I think Muzza would have the beating of him so for that Greer should probably come in but our defence IS slow and Balasie and Zaha (if they play)n could have a field day esp if Bruno and Bridge are out.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I don't think that is a bad thing, his constant man handling of forwards and lack of ability in the air has been plain to see in the last few games. Give GG a chance with Upson! Thanks Adam, bye bye.

Bloody hell I've heard everything now. El Abd is infinitely better in the air than Gordon Greer.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Agree with this, just seen the goals from today on SSN, El Ab really is a liability! Time for him to go to Egypt for good!

I really like El-Abd, maybe he didn't play too well yesterday but he's been fantastic for us this season.

This! I'm actually chuffed to bits Greer will get back in the team, I rate him very highly!!

As do I. He is massively underated now by people for no reason other than he's been here 3 years without criticism as the team has been fantastic since he arrived. Now, however, we're a bit bored of him so all of a sudden he's become slow, ineffective and even a liability! Total nonsense.

Disagree, Greer has been woeful this season so far. Much worse than Kusczack who you wanted dropped recently! Hopefully Greer's spell out of the team will bring the best out of him if he gets the nod ahead of dunk. Upson is the best cb we've had in the last decade btw.

I wanted him dropped? Further proof that people read what they want to read and see whatever it is they want to. Upson has been here 5 minutes and is a loan. Greer joined in league 1 and captained this team to the title that first season, 10th in the Championship in the second and here we are, 7th in the Championship in his third season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'll be worried either way. Dunk has had limited appearances this season and hasn't shown the quality of last season. If Greer plays he won't pass to Calderon, who is likely to start at right back with Bruno injured meaning Palace never have to worry about defending their left until the ball is in the final third, letting them crowd out the rest of the pitch, leaving us no options to move it forward.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just seen it on ssn, their player does grab El Abd's arm and throw him around, bur only because El Abd was holding his shirt. Not wrong, but possibly harsh, only caught the end of El Abds holding on the highlight.

Annoying that it gets ignored by the ref in most instances as all defenders do it to some degree. Greer will deputise on Sunday , both of them are playing to continue their careers with the Albion.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Annoying that it gets ignored by the ref in most instances as all defenders do it to some degree. Greer will deputise on Sunday , both of them are playing to continue their careers with the Albion.

I remember it being mentioned earlier this season that Greer had an appearance based clause in his contract that would trigger an automatic renewal. Would be interesting if Dunk started on sunday instead...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'll be worried either way. Dunk has had limited appearances this season and hasn't shown the quality of last season. If Greer plays he won't pass to Calderon, who is likely to start at right back with Bruno injured meaning Palace never have to worry about defending their left until the ball is in the final third, letting them crowd out the rest of the pitch, leaving us no options to move it forward.

If Bruno is injured we might see Spanish Dave at RB , Calderon will be LB if Bridge isn't risked because of the remaining games after Sunday.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
El Abd would probably have seen red in this one, so could be a blessing hopefully. Stay positive.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I remember it being mentioned earlier this season that Greer had an appearance based clause in his contract that would trigger an automatic renewal. Would be interesting if Dunk started on sunday instead...
He originally signed a 3 year deal , the big question is whether Gus thinks he is good enough for the future. He might be told his contract is being renewed but he doesn't figure in the plans and might be better off finding a new club.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Dunk gives me the jitters now, everytime he plays I'm waiting for another Liverpool/Palace away moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here