Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Eight weeks jail for Facebook racist post about West Brom player

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh well. Hopefully he will reflect on his actions, and what it’s like to his victims, during his 8 weeks inside.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He'd have got off if he was driving a pink Range Rover.

He'd have probably got off if he was an unemplyed violent thug with a string of unpleasant convictions too!

It's all very well making an example of someone, and while I've got no sympathy with anybody who sends racist messages on-line, I do wonder if this sentence isn't excessive - especially if it costs him his job and at his age he can't get another one; that may affect his pension and retirement plans, paying off his mortgage, repercussions for the rest of his life. In the case of someone with no previous convictions as far as we know, that four week sentence could have far more serious repercussions than for a hardened career crimiinal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not sure if they did unearth anything beyond a few other questionable facebook posts, or whether they just decided this unlucky (racist) tw4t, was the one they were going to make an example of.

I've no sympathy for the chap at all, but the sentence does seem draconian, and I'm far from convinced that housing him for a month or more is taxpayers money well spent.. People get less for burgling folks' houses.

I don’t know. The blokes who burgled my house 30 years ago, got 5 years. Obviously, mine wasn’t the only crime they’d committed.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm not sure if they did unearth anything beyond a few other questionable facebook posts, or whether they just decided this unlucky (racist) tw4t, was the one they were going to make an example of.

I've no sympathy for the chap at all, but the sentence does seem draconian, and I'm far from convinced that housing him for a month or more is taxpayers money well spent.. People get less for burgling folks' houses.

It will be money well spent if it acts as a deterrent to hundreds of other football fans and encourages them to engage their brain cell before publishing something on public social media. Not just on the racist stuff either - I've seen several libellous tweets from Palace fans about Lewis Dunk since Monday night.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No sympathy here. I love it how authorities here and overseas (eg the keyboard Gooner in Singapore who targeted Maupay) are catching up with these racist cowards. Over time imho that will have an effect, for all but the most dim.

But with a sweetener of a lifetime ban from ever attending another Baggies game.

This.

The only reason I'm bothering posting on this thread is that people are defending him with whataboutery.....

How can a 50 year old think he can get away with posting racist nonsense on the internet in this day and age? What was his excuse - that he hasn't used the internet before and also hadn't heard that racism is no longer acceptable? And people still complain about players taking the knee? OK, mates.

The trouble is......and this is clear from this thread.....people still think it's harmless bantz. :facepalm:

What this has to do with Katie Price, also, is beyond me. Whatabout . . . . . (fill in the blank with your latest favourite bit of whataboutery :shrug:).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He'd have probably got off if he was an unemplyed violent thug with a string of unpleasant convictions too!

It's all very well making an example of someone, and while I've got no sympathy with anybody who sends racist messages on-line, I do wonder if this sentence isn't excessive - especially if it costs him his job and at his age he can't get another one; that may affect his pension and retirement plans, paying off his mortgage, repercussions for the rest of his life. In the case of someone with no previous convictions as far as we know, that four week sentence could have far more serious repercussions than for a hardened career crimiinal.

The vast majority of us can navigate life without sending cowardly racist crap on social media. Racism is a form of bullying, and I have very little sympathy for a 50 year old bloke doing this. If he was a kid, I might feel different, but he was an adult who should know better especially with everything he stood to lose.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
The bloke is a lying racist. His feed contained other 'White Lives Matter' posts and other such nonsense.

I had a little exchange this afternoon on twitter, with a couple of clowns seeking to defend this dick, on the auto-correct grounds. One commented that he absolutely believed him, as he'd tried typing 'bafoon' in and on his phone too, it had autocorrected to baboon.

I helpfully pointed out that autocorrect is dynamic, and will offer words that you've regularly used previously...

I tried typing bafoon in a text and it did autocorrect to baboon and I can’t think of any time I would have written baboon before.

I still don’t believe his excuse.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The vast majority of us can navigate life without sending cowardly racist crap on social media. Racism is a form of bullying, and I have very little sympathy for a 50 year old bloke doing this. If he was a kid, I might feel different, but he was an adult who should know better especially with everything he stood to lose.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This.

The only reason I'm bothering posting on this thread is that people are defending him with whataboutery.....

How can a 50 year old think he can get away with posting racist nonsense on the internet in this day and age? What was his excuse - that he hasn't used the internet before and also hadn't heard that racism is no longer acceptable? And people still complain about players taking the knee? OK, mates.

The trouble is......and this is clear from this thread.....people still think it's harmless bantz. :facepalm:

What this has to do with Katie Price, also, is beyond me. Whatabout . . . . . (fill in the blank with your latest favourite bit of whataboutery :shrug:).

Totally agree.

Let’s also consider the victim or victims. Human beings who just happen to have different ethnicity/skin colour to us, constantly facing emboldened nazis with their racist slurs. I feel exactly the same about anti semitism btw. In the civilised world, it’s completely unacceptable and disgusting.

A coked up and drunk ex glamour model crashing her car, breaking motoring laws, a liability, is completely irrelevant to this thread. If the courts deem she needs help or time inside, so be it. She hasn’t hurt anyone at this moment.

Whilst stadia or online racists purposefully set out to (criminally) harm others.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What this has to do with Katie Price, also, is beyond me.

Because he's in prison - great.
She's not in prison - not so great.

It's got nothing to do with Ms Price, specifically, she just happens to be the current person who has skipped prison despite her crime being equally abhorrent.

But you knew that anyway.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Oh well. Hopefully he will reflect on his actions, and what it’s like to his victims, during his 8 weeks inside.

More likely he will spend it complaining bitterly about the injustice to sympathetic fellow racists and will come out exactly the same bigot or worse.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
it was an mistake acording to my mates on britain first as he meant to call the player a nigel but it autospelled it wrong

Regards

DF

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I tried typing bafoon in a text and it did autocorrect to baboon and I can’t think of any time I would have written baboon before.

I still don’t believe his excuse.

I typed bafoon into my phone and it autocorrected to bacon!!

Although oddly, typing bafoon on my Mac while typing this message it did autocorrect to baboon! Very odd!

Anyway ... I'm with those that have no sympathy with the 50 year old ignorant tw*t!!

I hope he has a very uncomfortable stay at HM pleasure!

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I'll side step the temptation to get into the debate about the context of this crime versus that crime, this punishment versus this punishment, and simply ask: why oh why do people do this?

Seriously, it's a crime with literally zero upside. If I do 100 on the motorway, I'll probably get home a bit quicker. If I rob a bank, there's a chance I might get rich. If I get coked up and sink a couple of bottles of wine and then take my car to get some more beak, then at least I get to have a good time along the way. Yeah there's a risk it all ends in tears, but I can justify in my own mind why I'm doing it if I'm of a sufficiently delinquent nature.

This numbnuts is currently serving jail time, and for what? What could he possibly have got out of it, except for maybe 5 or 10 seconds of titillation as he thinks to himself "hehe, that's a good one". I mean, it's not by the way. Even if we put the racist element to one side, it's just not particularly clever or witty. I mean, "baboon" doesn't even sound anything like "ballon", especially with its soft, French pronunciation, does it? It's a shit joke, a shit, racist joke, badly executed, and all he's got for his troubles is 8 weeks in prison and presumably the end of whatever employment he had. Worth it?

I just don't get it. Even if you believe in your own racist perspective, surely by now everyone knows that that kind of abuse on Twitter, or Facebook, or the web in general, leaves you open to criminal proceedings being taken against you? Ok, maybe most people get away with it, I don't know. Maybe this guy's been made an example of. Maybe the punishment is harsh in the context of people who are violent, burgle, endanger people's lives on the road and so on. Whatever, it's not new news - spout racist abuse on Twitter and you may go to prison for it. I go all the way back to the university student who decided it would be funny to troll Fabrice Muamba's Twitter account as he lay 'dying' on the White Hart Lane pitch almost 10 years ago now. What did he get? 8 weeks and a career which ended before it even began.

I just don't understand what possesses people? Even if people do hold outdated, bigoted views, how and why can't they keep them to themselves? Here's an analogy - I fùcking hate oranges, as in the fruit. My mum tells me she used to nail about 10 of the cúnts a day when she was pregnant with me in the mid-80s. And ever since I can remember, I cannot tolerate the smell, the look, the texture of the bloody things. Can't stand 'em, even typing this makes me feel sick. But if there was a law that said that slagging oranges off on the internet was a criminal offence that I could do time for, I'd keep that opinion to myself out of nothing other than self preservation.

If people are incapable of adopting healthier thought patterns, they should at least know better than to share theirs with the wider world. If nothing else, I hope this chump's sentence serves as a reminder of that.

Last edited:

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
Jail for racist trolling is ridiculous when people that physically attack and harm people sometimes get away with a suspended sentence.

Racist words is wrong but physical harm is even worse and should be treated so by the courts .

Interesting proposition but psychological violence and physical violence are not in a simple hierarchy with one intrinsically more harmful than the other. Racism and bullying can be devastating for people.

Inconsistency in sentencing is an issue though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I typed bafoon into my phone and it autocorrected to bacon!!

Although oddly, typing bafoon on my Mac while typing this message it did autocorrect to baboon! Very odd!

Anyway ... I'm with those that have no sympathy with the 50 year old ignorant tw*t!!

I hope he has a very uncomfortable stay at HM pleasure!

Bacon is what I got, too.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bacon here too…

It’s great that these twats on social media who think they can just abuse and run are getting time - brilliant.

Now I also have no doubt CPFC and Croydon met will catch up with the older bloke seemingly wanting to find 2 Brighton fans to suck off and another to penetrate his anus will be getting time and a life ban from the club (easy to see seat - the foreign lads vid one) - especially given all the banning they did after the Amex break in…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here