Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] EFL Trophy - AFC Wimbledon v Brighton U21s

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Is it me or do the under 23s not seem as good this season ?

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

This was the U21’s not the u23’s with an average age of 19 without Crofts. Not helped by the proximity of the Carabao Cup game tomorrow.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc

Much too early to say.

Squad tonight was particularly young, given that the more senior U23s are travelling up to Preston for the League Cup.

But generally I think there will be more 18 year olds and less 20-somethings involved this year. I expect a bit of a slow start and then steady progress.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Bad night for PL youth teams all over the place it seems.

Stevenage 2-1 Southampton U21

AFC Wimbledon 2-0 Brighton & Hove Albion U21

Shrewsbury Town 3-0 Newcastle United U21

Wigan Ath 6-1 Liverpool U21

Oldham Ath 4-0 Wolves U21

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Bad night for PL youth teams all over the place it seems.

Stevenage 2-1 Southampton U21

AFC Wimbledon 2-0 Brighton & Hove Albion U21

Shrewsbury Town 3-0 Newcastle United U21

Wigan Ath 6-1 Liverpool U21

Oldham Ath 4-0 Wolves U21
I recall similar last season - we were one of only a couple of u21 teams to get past the 1st/2nd round.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There must be an element of 'professional pride' in these lower league teams not wanting to get humped by a bunch of kids.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There must be an element of 'professional pride' in these lower league teams not wanting to get humped by a bunch of kids.

I think its not only about pride but also about money. Clubs that would normally play a B team or something in this competition are now instead desperate to advance. If they manage to get far in the tournament they will get some prize money and some streaming/TV money that normally wouldnt matter much but could now be the difference between survival and bankruptcy.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Hi [MENTION=4313]RM-Taylor[/MENTION] - interested in what makes you think Desbois is 61? I try to scan all the training ground photos that Albion release but haven't noticed Desbois wearing a number.

Last year the 3 keepers had 61, 62 and 63. With Rushworth wearing 62 it’s only based on guess work that the numbers issued this season will follow in the pattern of last year.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Last year the 3 keepers had 61, 62 and 63. With Rushworth wearing 62 it’s only based on guess work that the numbers issued this season will follow in the pattern of last year.

Oh, I thought you had concrete info.

Well, someone told me by DM on twitter last night (who I have no reason to believe would make it up) that Tom McGill had confirmed with them that they were 61 this season and Roco Rees had confirmed that they were 64.

With Rushworth definitely being 62, that would strongly suggest Adam Desbois is actually 63 this season.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

Well, someone told me by DM on twitter last night (who I have no reason to believe would make it up) that Tom McGill had confirmed with them that they were 61 this season and Roco Rees had confirmed that they were 64.

With Rushworth definitely being 62, that would strongly suggest Adam Desbois is actually 63 this season.

I wasn’t aware that any of the loaned out academy players had been given numbers. From what I can see only 50 and 57 haven’t been worn in Trophy games yet so I’m guessing Tolaj is 50 and Kazukolovas is 57 which he had last season.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I wasn’t aware that any of the loaned out academy players had been given numbers. From what I can see only 50 and 57 haven’t been worn in Trophy games yet so I’m guessing Tolaj is 50 and Kazukolovas is 57 which he had last season.

Adam Desbois has just confirmed that he wore no. 63 last night.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here