Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] EFL suspends all matches until at least 4th April

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can they TRUTHFULLY believe that by 4th April it'll all be on the wane, life will be returning to normal and we can simply just get going again?
No, of course not. I thought that suspending all matches was the obvious thing to do days ago, but they didn't really need to announce the decision until today (except for the Leicester Villa game). Similarly, I doubt they'll be playing again in April, but there's no need for them to announce that now, we can wait and see.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I assume that if the season is void, as well as having to refund tickets, PL clubs will not receive roughly a quarter of the TV revenue. I know that the PL is super rich but that it going to be huge.

This could be what bursts the money bubble surrounding the Premier League. Rights purchasers wanting money back, obligations not fulfilled, sponsors not happy could all mean the PL is in a bad way.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Can they TRUTHFULLY believe that by 4th April it'll all be on the wane, life will be returning to normal and we can simply just get going again?

Good luck with that one.

Suspect then they will just have another 3 week delay towards the end of April allowing a plan to put in place to end this season in some form of equitable manner - no club is going to happy. I have accepted that there is unlikely now to be any football played again until the new season, assuming these conditions are not still rampant then. If they were come August, God knows what sort of a plan they'll have to come up with?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I wouldn't exactly rush to book yourself any train tickets etc. for that Man Utd game either. Even in what seems an incredibly unlikely event that this whole thing blows over by then they'll still have to crowbar in a load of European fixtures.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
This could be what bursts the money bubble surrounding the Premier League. Rights purchasers wanting money back, obligations not fulfilled, sponsors not happy could all mean the PL is in a bad way.

Lot of bubbles going to be bursting throughout 2020.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Lot of bubbles going to be bursting throughout 2020.

Could this be the one thing that brings the financial side of football to its knees?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
47ee13a4352ec9bafa308a8d1a3ce3d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Just LMAO at anyone thinking that we will get a refund of our tickets. No chance.

I wouldn't expect refunds until the games are officially cancelled rather than merely suspended.

But it seems inevitable. The accountants will have a busy few weeks, that's for sure.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I wouldn't expect refunds until the games are officially cancelled rather than merely suspended.

But it seems inevitable. The accountants will have a busy few weeks, that's for sure.

There is simply no chance of any kind of refund even if this season and part of next are all officially cancelled, I am sure there is sufficient wiggle room in the contract for 'unforeseen circumstances'.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
How long would football have to be suspended for not to hear 'Jose Izquierdo is still a few weeks away', and maybe something along lines of "He's trained well all week and is raring to go'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here