Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EFL Cup - Colchester (H)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hopefully the club will reduce ticket prices to £20 adults to get a bumper audience in.

I don't think it will be a 'bumper' audience however much admission prices are reduced, The quality of the opposition, and the fact that many people will be on holiday, will take care of that..

Plus several 'squad' players will start too l assume.

Yes we do and i would imagine Col U are looking at this as a bumper payday for them so will want to keep the ticket prices fairly high to maximise their revenue from the tie.

Bit patronising and outdated in my opinion. Colchester are not Daisy Hill of the North West Counties division 2 nor are they naive enough to think that charging £25/£30 a head won't result in a crowd not much bigger that your average league 1 match

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I have a hellish week at work that week and fear I can't go. Would like to as it'll be a first chance to see some new signings hopefully.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Bit patronising and outdated in my opinion. Colchester are not Daisy Hill of the North West Counties division 2 nor are they naive enough to think that charging £25/£30 a head won't result in a crowd not much bigger that your average league 1 match

Col U will think either 10,000 @ £25 = £250k or 20,000 @ £10 = £200,000 (plus a partisan home audience resulting in a better prospect of the home team winning.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
And they would also "vote" for a larger admission cost for their own travelling supporters?

Yes, if it means more in their playing budget for next season. They probably do the same for their home games, I doubt they charge a tenner to get in. It's a plum draw for them so they'll bring a decent travelling support irrespective of price.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Yes, if it means more in their playing budget for next season. They probably do the same for their home games, I doubt they charge a tenner to get in. It's a plum draw for them so they'll bring a decent travelling support irrespective of price.

View attachment matchday187-2505573.pdf ColinMonk_2398277.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Brighton v Newport County tickets were £12.

I think WSU ( and maybe ESU ? ) were shut.

Don't think travel was included.

No reason to think it won't be a similar setup.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Would rather see the Development players with a future unless we use the game to put him in the shop window.
Shop window? You mean so every other club can be reminded that he's a useless donkey and run away, scared of the ridiculous idea of paying him £500k a year? Probably best that he doesn't play.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
He missed at Wolves ! 0-0 draw .thats when we found out Elvis was not quite what we thought !

SAC

May 21, 2014
Col U will think either 10,000 @ £25 = £250k or 20,000 @ £10 = £200,000 (plus a partisan home audience resulting in a better prospect of the home team winning.

I suspect that those are woefully optimistic. 10,000 at £12 would be a good attendance figure. The only way it would be 20,000 is if ST holders were given free tickets and even then the real attendance would be closer to 15,000.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I imagine it'll be £10 adults, £5 under 21s/OAPs and £1 kids under 16.
East Upper and West Upper will be closed.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Just play the first team get bums on seats, get the first team better prepared for the season.

Maybe do away with any home pre season friendly.

We all like a good cup run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here