Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EFL Awards Night

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm not so sure. They are quite used to exclaiming how enormous they are and how they just need to get back to where they belong.

Part of me wants them to go up, get drilled every game and come straight back down. Maybe that will help reality sink in.

League 1 is where they belong. If Monk wasn't their manager, they would have been mid to low table this year. Reliant on one player.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Been fairly quiet the last two years at The Amex.

But then I think you have a soft spot for Leeds if I recall........

Now you are making shit up.

I have a soft spot for Fulham

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Now you are making shit up.

I have a soft spot for Fulham

I thought you were going on about how good they were earlier on in the year, great team, great Spanish players (who incidentally are very ordinary), perhaps it was someone else.
Apologies if it was.

Certainly hope Fulham do it.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
For any Fifa Fans Knockaert got a special Ultimate Team card (86 rated).
pretty impressive that we have a player that highly rated.

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 10.33.10.png

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I thought you were going on about how good they were earlier on in the year, great team, great Spanish players (who incidentally are very ordinary), perhaps it was someone else.
Apologies if it was.

Certainly hope Fulham do it.

I have no idea what you are going on about regarding Leeds.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I really think that Leeds fans are the nastiest, odious fans in football. They're living in the past thinking they are a big team, when in effect the only time they can fill their stadium is when they do a 'kids for a quid' or 'group-on' or similar.

The vitriol on Twitter is laughable, they are a joke club, with average players but a decent manager. Would be great to see them slip away out of the play-off's.

I was driving early this evening and had the 5 Live football phone-in show on (it is still called 6-0-6?) and there was a Leeds fan on who seemed to be a decent sort. He was humble, confessed he initially thought the Monk appointment was a bad one and his expectations this year was for a relegation battle.

He was asked about what it would mean for Leeds to be in the Premier League and he said something along the lines of "not many teams would want to come to a 40,000 Elland Road on a Saturday afternoon." This puzzled me a little bit as lots of teams have been going to 40,000 Elland Road for many years now, puzzling that the ground was half-full at best and departing with three points.

If Leeds can rustle up 20,000 extra fans to see the likes of Manchester United et al come to town, I'd suggest their support is about as fickle as it comes. That's right up there with how thousands of folk in the Croydon area suddenly remembered where Selhurst Park was when Crystal Palace got promoted to the Premier League.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I can't decide what would be more exciting for the boy, winning player of the year or meeting the Moose.

[tweet]851184389979504641[/tweet]

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Best comment so far on the BBC HYS

2. Posted by Bantman on
9 Apr 2017 21:48
What the hell? It should of been Dele Alli, or does he not get a look in just because he plays for Spurs? This award is a joke.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I was driving early this evening and had the 5 Live football phone-in show on (it is still called 6-0-6?) and there was a Leeds fan on who seemed to be a decent sort. He was humble, confessed he initially thought the Monk appointment was a bad one and his expectations this year was for a relegation battle.

He was asked about what it would mean for Leeds to be in the Premier League and he said something along the lines of "not many teams would want to come to a 40,000 Elland Road on a Saturday afternoon." This puzzled me a little bit as lots of teams have been going to 40,000 Elland Road for many years now, puzzling that the ground was half-full at best and departing with three points.

If Leeds can rustle up 20,000 extra fans to see the likes of Manchester United et al come to town, I'd suggest their support is about as fickle as it comes. That's right up there with how thousands of folk in the Croydon area suddenly remembered where Selhurst Park was when Crystal Palace got promoted to the Premier League.

I think the situation would be similar for any club that had won the league title a few times then found itself outside the top division thanks to useless owners and mediocre management. Just imagine if, say, Liverpool, had been in the Championship for a decade. The Scousers monopolise every radio phone-in as it is - just imagine if they really had something to complain about. Would Anfield be full every game? Okay, Leeds is a big city - 4th or 5th largest in the UK by various measures - and they probably should draw bigger crowds, but sustained lack of success is bound to have an effect.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Based on the quite frankly pathetic response on twitter I don't think i would want any of those clubs going up. Reading fans have been larging it all season, Leeds fans are being their usual di**head selves, Huddersfield think they are suddenly Barcelona and Sheffield Wednesday fans borderline dilsussional. I really hope Fulham steal 6th place and get promoted. Out of all of them they have played better football from what I have seen over both our games against them!

I would find it hilarious if none of the Yorkshire clubs go up. A county full of bitter inbred wan*ers

Could not agree more. Fulham were so unlucky with us, twice! Like to see them go up over any of the clubs currently in the top 6 (except us of course)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Millwall - Family Club of the Year

(turn the sound down if you're at work)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here