Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eels: The saddest story in rock music

Jan 13, 2010
Bedfordshire
I'm not sure where this post is going or frankly why it started!

But for what it's worth I'm going to see him at Brixton in September - I love his music with Rockhard times my favourite track and Shootenanny his best album (but I appear to be the only one who thinks that)

Hat-gate again? You're obsessed, you sad little man. Time to move on. We all have.

Not you apparently. You've been frothing at the mouth ever since your invitation to open opinion was met with mine not jibing with yours. It was pathetic then, and since you can't get it off your tiny mind it's VERY pathetic now.
Now stick your oar somewhere it's needed, like up your rentboy rectum

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Not you apparently. You've been frothing at the mouth ever since your invitation to open opinion was met with mine not jibing with yours. It was pathetic then, and since you can't get it off your tiny mind it's VERY pathetic now.
Now stick your oar somewhere it's needed, like up your rentboy rectum

The pointless aggression you use to put across your opinions leads me to suspect that you are still in the sixth form (not that there is anything wrong with that, of course).

I'm right aren't I?

:glare::glare::glare:

The pointless aggression you use to put across your opinions leads me to suspect that you are still in the sixth form (not that there is anything wrong with that, of course).

I'm right aren't I?

:glare::glare::glare:

All a matter of perspective, but since yours is hand-on-heart for some popsinger whose dad failed to get recognition (except for his failure), then I can't care less for your opinion.
Don't forget to disagree with every opinion of mine from now on though, you now have clique brownie-points :thumbsup:

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
He wrote a book called 'Things the grandchildren should know' which documents his life. Sounds a bit morbid you say, but in fact it's one of the most life affirming things I've read and I have nothing but the utmost of respect for him for the way he's dealt with all the shit he's been thrown.
Saw them last year in Oxford and it was bloody great.
Also check out the documentary he made called Parallel Worlds Parallel Lives, about his father.

Anyone going to see them on tour in September ?

Thanks for that, just ordered it :thumbsup:

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Don't forget to disagree with every opinion of mine from now on though, you now have clique brownie-points :thumbsup:

My considered and reasonable judgement as a balanced adult prevents me from disagreeing with people just for disagreement sake, or to provoke reaction.

My considered and reasonable judgement as a balanced adult prevents me from disagreeing with people just for disagreement sake, or to provoke reaction.

Good. If that's the case.
You probably shouldn't get in with any clique then.

Since this IS an open forum full of opinions, you of course appreciate, in your balance - that when you put forward a subject it is to be expected that all responses will not be totally in agreement with yours. Therefore an adverse opinion may be coming (that isn't always for disagreement's sake) - and might even better outline your point or show another angle on it. That *might* be from "a 6th-former" as your "reasoned balance" had you guessing regardless of its' meaninglessness to any point.

You are surely not one of these people :nono: but there ARE some who think their subjects and conjectures are pure, and immune to adverse opinion. They DO probably think that ANY such adversity was for disagreement's sake or to provoke reaction! Join me in a moment of prayer for those pathetic souls, in sympathy :down:

Hey, I have one example; a poster asked for opinions about a child having to take off his hat (by an Albion steward, regarding the pre-ordained rules of the establishment he was working for!), but despite my offering a balanced response, he went into diatribes of raving personally against me because it wasn't what he wanted to hear!! I even put forward from the very viewpoint he needed to get a perspective - the one that would even make his case and thread balanced by a steward's viewpoint. He still seethes about it today would you believe! :sad:

I have a fable for you;
there once was a man who became hugely wealthy and famous, his name was unusual; Elvis.
He had many beautiful lovers and surrounded himself with friends who admired him, they called him "boss" and told him "you are the King!"
This man just had everything - but his friends were sycophantic and gave him just that, never daring to tell him what 'everything' was doing to his body and soul.
"Here King, have another doughnut, some happy pills and lively powder"
The King died on the toilet, obese and mentally disturbed, his only true-love having cheated with her karate instructor.
Bummer that no-one told him another perspective, to keep some balance in his life. But would he have accepted an opposing opinion?

Last edited:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Good. If that's the case.
You probably shouldn't get in with any clique then.

Since this IS an open forum full of opinions, you of course appreciate, in your balance - that when you put forward a subject it is to be expected that all responses will not be totally in agreement with yours. Therefore an adverse opinion may be coming (that isn't always for disagreement's sake) - and might even better outline your point or show another angle on it. That *might* be from "a 6th-former" as your "reasoned balance" had you guessing regardless of its' meaninglessness to any point.

You are surely not one of these people :nono: but there ARE some who think their subjects and conjectures are pure, and immune to adverse opinion. They DO probably think that ANY such adversity was for disagreement's sake or to provoke reaction! Join me in a moment of prayer for those pathetic souls, in sympathy :down:

You're not happy, are you?

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
I'm not sure where this post is going or frankly why it started!

But for what it's worth I'm going to see him at Brixton in September - I love his music with Rockhard times my favourite track and Shootenanny his best album (but I appear to be the only one who thinks that)

I also love Shootenanny! It's got some of my favourite Eels tracks on it!

I'll be seeing him on the same tour too, absolutely cannot wait!

Oh and NMH, you're a ray of sunshine aren't you... :wanker:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He still seethes about it today would you believe!

Blimey. And there I was completely oblivious to all my seething anger.

Seriously - let it go, eh? It seems to get you very agitated and I'm not sure anyone else but you cares anymore.

I also love Shootenanny! It's got some of my favourite Eels tracks on it!

I'll be seeing him on the same tour too, absolutely cannot wait!

Oh and NMH, you're a ray of sunshine aren't you... :wanker:

Thanks for signing your post. I'm doing okay actually - serious thread, serious responses, so what?
On other, lighter threads you will normally find the appropriate lighter responses. Amazingly, that's how life works.

This info was free, and you may apply it in your life, if you want :thumbsup:

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Fresh Feeling, Fresh Blood, Susan's House, Your Lucky Day In Hell, Last Stop: This Town, Buss Stop Boxer are a few of my top Eel's tunes for the record :smile:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lynyrd Skynyrd's story is not happy, three members killed in a plane crash and the subsequently one member crippled in a car crash as well as others succumbing to various diseases. The Allman Brothers lost two in bike accidents including the near Legendry Duane Allman.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't you just love it when a harmless music thread descends into an unexpected summer binfest? :clap2:

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
"Dead Of Winter"

Standing in the dark outside the house
Breathing in the cold and sterile air
Well i was thinking how it must feel
To see that little light
And watch it as it disappears
And fades into
And fades into the night

So i know you're going pretty soon