Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EDL to march again

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bushy aka the only person on NSC who has ever lived in London..

After over 5 years of dealing with drunk, and violent Ukrainians at our club, do you
honestly think I fear you? Really?? You have suggested HH as you know im on a time schedule.
Youre a pussy...you know...I know it.

lol@damage me....
I genuinely don't know or care whether you fear me, though the Ukrainians anecdote suggests you're protesting a bit too much/trying to convince yourself, all I know is, YOU called it on, I accepted, and you've made excuses, there's not a lot more to say.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Genuine question WQW

Why do you think a face to face discussion will end any better than the binfests that have gone on on here?

Surely it has all been said before, sometimes in a calm way and sometimes with anger and insults. Ultimately if people can't take a few insults when discussing a emotive subject they probably shouldn't bother.

I can't see how meeting face to face is going to change anything. I would leave them to pretending they want to meet up for a fight while ultimately not bothering :)

To be honest, ( I fxxkin hate that term), I have met one of the posters involved. The other just seems to offer political rheotoric to antagonise others without having the balls to actually, well, without actually having the balls to anything.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Bore off you clueless drip.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Coming from a "hardman' like yourself Bushy I had probably best do that before you "damage" and then get nicked.

I will let you get back to your school yard debate.

Make sure you don't leave Haywards Heath though eh ;)

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Well this thread ended up as I thought it would but even I could not have envisaged just how stupid it would get :facepalm: :ffsparr: :FFSPuncheon

D

Deleted member 22389

The EDL do go about things the wrong way, and the people who oppose them are not much better either.
All I will say is that some of things the EDL have highlighted are correct. As a recent poll on the BBC showed, 95% agreed that the EDL represent a view that need to be heard.

Why does it have to take a group like the EDL to highlight problems like this, I thought that would have been the governments job.
And it doesn't matter if we talk about the problems that the EDL highlight, or the discussions around immigration poll after poll is always in favour of doing something about it.

Anyway here is the poll

Last edited by a moderator:

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
The EDL do go about things the wrong way, and the people who oppose them are not much better either.
All I will say is that some of things the EDL have highlighted are correct. As a recent poll on the BBC showed, 95% agreed that the EDL represent a view that need to be heard.

Why does it have to take a group like the EDL to highlight problems like this, I thought that would have been the governments job.
And it doesn't matter if we talk about the problems that the EDL highlight, or the discussions around immigration poll after poll is always in favour of doing something about it.

Anyway here is the poll

Yes it seems strange that some people seem to be very angry and negative towards the dim witted EDL but don't say a word about the Muslim extremists in this country in fear of being branded a nazi

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
They only reason they keep coming to Brighton is because they think the Royal Pavilion is Britain's largest mosque:

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Brighton is only 15 minutes from Haywards Heath too you know.

15 minutes by train, you'll be lucky.
Knowing Southern Rail there'll be replacement buses on the day, so best if you cut yourself a bit more slack to arrive on time.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
15 minutes by train, you'll be lucky.
Knowing Southern Rail there'll be replacement buses on the day, so best if you cut yourself a bit more slack to arrive on time.

There is funnily enough - but only between Three Bridges and Haywards Heath. Still, the rail staff and those sorting the replacements out are going to be having a fun time.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
"Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

George Orwell, Animal Farm

That silly picture is utter bollocks. To kick us off and discredit that sensationalist rubbish...

I've got the National Curriculum in front of me (KS2):

Can I just ask you two why threads like this are always moved to here so they eventually die? Are we not allowed to discuss such issues.
Would it not be better to just delete the silliness so that those of us who were simply discussing it can continue to do so?
Thanks

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Can I just ask you two why threads like this are always moved to here so they eventually die? Are we not allowed to discuss such issues.
Would it not be better to just delete the silliness so that those of us who were simply discussing it can continue to do so?
Thanks

Hi

We tend to shift them because such threads normally descend into slanging matches between two sides who will never agree.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Hi

We tend to shift them because such threads normally descend into slanging matches between two sides who will never agree.

The first four pages were relatively sensible though before the 13 year olds(I assume they must be) got involved. It somewhat mirrors real life in that the people with genuine concerns cannot be heard as the idiots shout louder and gain more of an audience.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Thanks

It would be great to be able to debate this issue sensibly, but it never happens. It doesn't happen here. It doesn't happen in Parliament.

I moved it here, not with the intention of stifling debate, but because it was turning in to a playground fight and people were attempting to bypass the swear filter.

There would never be a rational debate, particularly with Bushy and DaveinPrague throwing play dough at each other, but they did not deserve to be banned.

We've had hundreds of threads on this subject before and none of them pass as a sensible debate. It would be fruitless to moderate them as they go. I don't think any of the mods have the inclination to do so either.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
It would be great to be able to debate this issue sensibly, but it never happens. It doesn't happen here. It doesn't happen in Parliament.

I moved it here, not with the intention of stifling debate, but because it was turning in to a playground fight and people were attempting to bypass the swear filter.

There would never be a rational debate, particularly with Bushy and DaveinPrague throwing play dough at each other, but they did not deserve to be banned.

We've had hundreds of threads on this subject before and none of them pass as a sensible debate. It would be fruitless to moderate them as they go. I don't think any of the mods have the inclination to do so either.

Fair enough. It does seem s shame though.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
It was going ok actually, until pussy aka the only person on NSC who has ever lived in London, decided to disrupt the thread with complete bollocks..
I asked him to give that up and contribute to the thread..more than once....feel free to check.

This march, for a start, is not EDL....its a loose group of far right groups, that includes
EDL, coming to Brighton, for the simple reason to fight 'lefties' as they feel slighted that the predmonantly left wing city of Brighton doesnt want them, and they have been laughed out of the city on previous occassions. Their FB pages will, before the
event, I can assure you...will not be about any patriotism, or St Georges day reasons, it will be about bringing violence to the city.
Personally, im offended by that...clearly theres people here that are not.
Thats it really.

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
To be honest, ( I fxxkin hate that term), I have met one of the posters involved. The other just seems to offer political rheotoric to antagonise others without having the balls to actually, well, without actually having the balls to anything.

What political rhetoric?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here