Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] EDF P&R (Portland Road) for West Ham & Newcastle

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Great. I live within walking distance of there. I can just nip along and jump on a bus.

:wink:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm doing it for WHU. A mate of mine drives from Ferring and has booked this up, so I'll mince along to EDF and meet him there.

(after a nice little sesh in the Vic). Snorted.
One day I'll get round to compiling all the times you've announced that you're MINCING somewhere, but until that day just let it be said that it brings me real pleasure. Grazie mille x

Jul 7, 2003
First time I’ve used EDF park and ride. Getting there was good, plenty of buses and only took 20 minutes to get from Portslade to the Amex despite the double decker struggling to get up some of the hills on the A27.

After the game, because we stayed to the end and so many people had left early, the first set of buses had all left and there was a long wait for them to come back. Once they did, it all moved very quickly but with hindsight it wouldn’t have made much difference if we had stayed for a drink as the queue behind us didn’t seem to grow unlike the other P&R queues.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We got the last bus of the first lot back to EDF. Was really impressed to be honest. Except for the driving part, it’s a really useful option

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Overall, a good experience. Was on the last buses back, which was a bit of a wait. But bus was very quick back to Hove.
Everything for Mill Road and Racecourse is well signed, but because EDF is a newcomer, it didn’t really have its own area to queue in which caused minor confusion. Hopefully if it becomes a regular thing, it will get its own area.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
worked great yesterday. didnt realise they were selling for newcastle game aswell and now sold out :mad:
Didn’t notice these on offer either. Has anyone on here got Newcastle ones yet or is the Sold Out button actually just a holding thing for when they’re released? WHU didn’t become available until the week of the game. Grrrr.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Didn’t notice these on offer either. Has anyone on here got Newcastle ones yet or is the Sold Out button actually just a holding thing for when they’re released? WHU didn’t become available until the week of the game. Grrrr.
I bought mine at the same time as the West Ham, they were on sale all of last week just below.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Overall, a good experience. Was on the last buses back, which was a bit of a wait. But bus was very quick back to Hove.
Everything for Mill Road and Racecourse is well signed, but because EDF is a newcomer, it didn’t really have its own area to queue in which caused minor confusion. Hopefully if it becomes a regular thing, it will get its own area.
I can't see it becoming regular unfortunately, probably only for when the trains are up the spout, or their are other major transport issues.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Oh no. That’s such a shame, as it’s a good alternative for those travelling West.
That would be a shame. It takes pressure off Mill Hill and saves driving across Brighton to race course when full. Good if many emailed PB requesting retention

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
That would be a shame. It takes pressure off Mill Hill and saves driving across Brighton to race course when full. Good if many emailed PB requesting retention
Agreed. It’s a great Hove venue…and I can’t think of any others tbh.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Absolutely gutted I wasn’t aware it was available for Newcastle match and now sold out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here