Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] EDF Hove Park and Ride spots available for West Ham

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How do they police the number plate thing ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How do they police the number plate thing ?
We had to pre-book Mill Rd for the Man City covid game. Steward checked our print out against the car before letting us up to the parking area. Suspect they will have someone checking this - there's only one way in / out.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
BTW haven't tickets been out for this for ages? I got two non-car ones on Monday.

Also, anyone know what route the bus takes? If it's the same as the Seagulls Travel double decker it'll be an hour long PITA, but I'm assuming it turns right into Portland road, right again and up Boundary / Hangleton / Snakey to the bypass?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
BTW haven't tickets been out for this for ages? I got two non-car ones on Monday.
Probably, but last night it was showing as sold out, so I thought I'd mention it in case it helps anyone out.

I assumed it might be like the Bridge/Uni parking in that it sells out well ahead of time, but then some further spots come up closer to match day.

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding

Also, anyone know what route the bus takes? If it's the same as the Seagulls Travel double decker it'll be an hour long PITA, but I'm assuming it turns right into Portland road, right again and up Boundary / Hangleton / Snakey to the bypass?

How's that work as i thought they do not take walk ups?

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004

For Luton they were parked outside EDF facing East. It went Portland, Olive, left onto A270, then right at Hangleton to the A27.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I don't know the area at all, but would there be any on-street parking in the vicinity, allowing you to walk-up-ish?
Controlled zone in West Hove - you will be checked for a resident permit between 6-7pm when the game is on.

However, there are no checks in South Portslade at the weekends so you could try Victoria, Vale, Franklin, St Aubyn's or St Andrew's Roads.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I don't know the area at all, but would there be any on-street parking in the vicinity, allowing you to walk-up-ish?

Controlled zone in West Hove - you will be checked for a resident permit between 6-7pm when the game is on.

However, there are no checks in South Portslade at the weekends so you could try Victoria, Vale, Franklin, St Aubyn's or St Andrew's Roads.

Thanks both, but I think we will just rock up to Mill Hill which is the one we normally use. I just thought it might be handy as coming from the west.

I wasn't sure we could go, otherwise I would have tried to get a ticket for either the bridge or this park and ride.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Goes along Benfield Valley and A27.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Unfortunately for me a walk up is not suitable as I will be coming from Worthing.
Just park on Portland Road.

*Edit* parking may have changed along there as used to be fine. Ignore me and follow Guinness Boy advice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here