Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Eden Hazard retires, aged 32

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Quite a sad, slow, injury-hit demise for a player who bloody terrorised us, and many others.

Almost unplayable on his day, and he had a lot of them.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
His performance against us at the Amex in our first PL season is probably the best individual performance I’ve ever seen. He was simply unplayable that day.

32 is no age but injuries have taken their toll. He lost is passion for the game a while ago but it’s sad to see any player retire early.

Camship

Sep 16, 2012
Undoubtedly one of the best players I've seen live, just ridiculously good. A proper entertainer

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
His performance against us at the Amex in our first PL season is probably the best individual performance I’ve ever seen. He was simply unplayable that day.

32 is no age but injuries have taken their toll. He lost is passion for the game a while ago but it’s sad to see any player retire early.

I think I read at the time that the players had a discussion at half time in that game along the lines of "what the hell do we do about a player like that"? I seem to remember it was an interview with Dunk where it came out.

At that point he was definitely the best player I'd seen at the Amex. May well still be.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Here's Hazard's stats from that game:

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 11.25.54.png

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
He was awesome that day in 2017/18 season, didn't think we'd last long in the Prem. How things changed !!

luge

Dec 18, 2010
He had these wonderful hips that would control games. A quick flick would send defenders flying. An amazing player to watch - and a sad end to his career.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That Amex performance was the first time after we went up that I watched someone playing and thought "bloody hell, this is something else", still not convinced I've ever seen an individual performance as good as that since

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here