Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Eddie nkitiah

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Shades of Rhian Brewster to me but without the successful spell in the Championship. I’m not against the signing, but he wouldn’t necessarily have been my first choice.

This.

I’d suggest that Adam Armstrong, in that price range, looks a lot better and has done it at championship level.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
His 5th window.

The Emperor is getting undressed.

Yeah about time Tony Bloom gave him the dosh for a new pair of trousers to go with all the other upmarket items of clothing he has. The current pair are just not up to scratch and could very easily come down this season if not replaced.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This would mean having 3 strikers of a very similar age.

We can't get game time for them all.

Which to me says play one, loan one and sell one. (presumably not the one we've just bought)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I’m losing count of the shithouse strikers we’re being linked with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Agree. A gamble for a young player whom might not be good enough for a few years. Everyone and then, a Big Six will let a quality striker go, I remember Chelsea selling Lukaku and Citeh selling Strurridge. But it’s quite rare. I think Balogun was the one they wanted to keep.

Kelechi Iheanacho. That's the one City let go and is on fire at Leicester.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wouldn't be that disappointed with this. I feel he's more favourable than the Celtic frenchman
Yes, tha's my gut feeling too - but that's all it is, just a gut feeling.

Arsenal might feel like pushing us to the limit after we did just that with White - but perhaps they're still interested in Bissouma and are looking to do a deal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Not even half way down the barrel.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Bissouma has looked like a red card waiting to happen in the pre season games, and with VAR back in motion next week I can see some of his challenges going under the microscope. Hopefully he can get back to last seasons form, and hasn’t spent the summer expecting a move that just might not happen.
Nkitia looks a good prospect, but 20m seems quite a lot. However we do need another striker, as goals are going to be very thin on the ground if we get to the end of the transfer window with what we currently have.
I still think Origi is worth a punt

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Which begs the question . . . who would you like us to be linked with? Bearing in mind of course, that our esteemed chairman seems only prepared to shop in the bargain basement.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
This.

I’d suggest that Adam Armstrong, in that price range, looks a lot better and has done it at championship level.

I totally agree about Armstrong.He was top scorer in the championship last season and have been impressed with what i saw of him.He certainly knows where the net is Lets face it,no one thought Murray or Bamford would cut it in the EPL.

Much rather him than Nkitah .Though i would be happy with Nunez..I wonder what is really going on?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I totally agree about Armstrong.He was top scorer in the championship last season and have been impressed with what i saw of him.He certainly knows where the net is Lets face it,no one thought Murray or Bamford would cut it in the EPL.

Much rather him than Nkitah .Though i would be happy with Nunez..I wonder what is really going on?

I think the Armstrong ship is about to sail, Palarce very much in the box seat for his signature from what l hear.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This.

Probably better off going for Nunez after his poor season.

We know GPott can coach goals out of players.
Perhaps he needs a player who already can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If we really fancied him then why would we have waited until now? We could have signed him already and he would have had pre-season with his new teammates.

I think he's better than Locadia, Andone and Connolly, maybe on a par with Maupay. Bielsa didn't fancy him, Arsenal are willing to let him go, they like Balogun more.

After al the talk of Gonzales and Nunez this would be a disapppointing signing. A decent third or fourth striker option off the bench, but we are looking for a 1st XI starter.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Armstrong wasn’t in the Blackburn squad yesterday suggesting he’s off somewhere soon. There’s a long list of PL clubs after him according to the media.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Would prefer to give Zeqiri a chance personally.

The sort of striker that keeps clubs like the Albion above water is a Murray, Chris Wood, Callum Wilson, Danny Ings-type signing, like Odsonne Edouard.

If Potter thinks Zeqiri is that player then why has he been deploying him as a LWB, LW?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here